Coquitlam College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1992, Coquitlam College is among Canada’s finest colleges. It is a private institution granting postsecondary degrees. The College is well-known for preparing its students to excel in North American Universities. Students who complete the Associate of Arts degree have a preferential position over the others at the university level. The University Transfer Programs are easily transferable to degree programs at universities in Canada, U.S. and other parts of the world. Students completing programs at the college go on to pursue degrees at Simon Fraser University, University of Victoria, University of Northern British Columbia, Royal Roads University, etc.
It has met the Education Quality Assurance eligibility requirement of the British Columbia Ministry of Advanced Education.Coquitlam College is a part of a strategy of the Ministry of Education that is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for the students.It is a part of the EduCanada brand.
|Location||Coquitlam, British Columbia|
|Mode of Program||On-campus, online|
|Type of Program||University Transfer Programs, Senior Secondary Programs, English Studies Program, Associate of Arts degree|
|Accommodation Option||Home stay|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||200 CAD|
|Financial Aid||Not available|
Coquitlam College Campus
- Coquitlam College has a 7-acre campus at a distance of 5 minutes from Lougheed Skytrain Station and Lougheed Mall.
- It is located in a safe and friendly neighborhood with a beautiful garden alongside for the students to enjoy.
- The campus has the facilities of a gym, bookstore, library services, writing center, career center, learning center along with spacious parking.
- The college has a satellite campus in Surrey which is located in the heart of Canada’s fastest growing cities.
Coquitlam College Residence
- The students at the Coquitlam College are provided with the home stay option which is one of the top in the Greater Vancouver area.
- A maximum of 2 students are allowed to live with a family.
- This helps the students in getting acquainted with the Canadian culture, improving their English speaking skills by daily conversing with their host family.
- Home stay provides for private furnished bedrooms with a shared bathroom and laundry facility.
- Meal plans provide 3 meals a day including school lunch.
- Available accommodation options are within a distance of 30 minutes from the college and close to the bus stops.
Coquitlam College Courses
- Coquitlam College offers different types of programs that include Associate of Arts degree, University Transfer program, High School program and English studies program.
- Programs are offered in various disciplines mostly focusing on science, humanities, social sciences and English language studies.
- Through the University Transfer program, the college offers one-year certificates in business, science and arts and two-year diplomas in arts and business.
- English Studies Program: The English Studies Program at the Coquitlam College is for those who are seeking to enhance their skills and increase employability in Canada and U.S.Students above the age of 15 are eligible to apply for the program.It is offered at four levels depending upon the skills students already have - Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and at University Preparation Level.
- High School Program: This program provides students an opportunity to complete their grade 10, 11 and 12 based on previous school transcripts. The program aims to build a strong foundation of their students.
- Students have the option to schedule 3 semesters in a year to graduate sooner that planned.
Coquitlam College Application Process
Coquitlam College accepts applications for the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. The University accepts applications from international students given they fulfill admission criteria, submit ELP scores and apply for a student visa to study in Canada.
How to Apply?
The process for admission to Coquitlam College is discussed below:
Application Portal: Online Application Portal
Application Fee:200 CAD
Application Deadline: Fall – September 3; Spring – January 4; Summer - April 27
Admission Requirements: International applicants must attach the following documents along with the application for admission:
- Official transcripts from previously attended schools.
- Students applying from India must have an aggregate of 60% in four academic subjects and must have studied Mathematics in the 10th year.
- Copy of passport ID page
- Proof of medical insurance coverage
- English language proficiency test scores: The minimum score requirements are given in the table below:
Due to Covid-19 outbreak, the physical registration process is not possible so the college is conducting registration through Zoom. The link for the same is shared with students 2 days before the scheduled meeting.
Coquitlam College Cost of Attendance
- The cost of studying in Canada for students includes the tuition, fee, room and board expenses, books and supplies and miscellaneous expenses.
- A summary of the cost of attendance for the Coquitlam College is given in the table below:
|High School Program||1,440 CAD per course|
|University Transfer Program||6,720 CAD as per 12 credits|
|English Studies Program||1,260 CAD per course|
|Computer Lab (for transfer program only)||60 CAD per course|
|Science Lab (for transfer program only)||120 CAD per course|
|Activity Fee||25 CAD per semester|
|Book deposit||175 CAD|
|Medical Plan (private)||188 CAD per semester (Fall and Spring)|
Students enrolled in a full-time Associate of Arts degree are eligible to work up to 20 hours per week. After completing the degree, full-time students are eligible to apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). Upon successful completion of the first year of full-time work are eligible to apply for permanent residency.
Coquitlam College Placements
Coquitlam College has a career centre that provides useful resources to students, information regarding job search portals, volunteering opportunities and help with writing resumes and cover letters.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://www.coquitlamcollege.com/admissions/apply-now/
Because it was best suitable college for my course and was also accepting my band score and offering great pratical clasess
Course Curriculum :
Course is best business training as it include all basic techniques and method for doing the business moreover all things are pratical
I choose Coquitlam College for various reasons. Firstly the fees for the courses are quite reasonable. Secondly, courses are easy to do. Playground for students is available. Teachers and Staff are very professional. I also choose because I found this college where I can choose as per my interest. You see students of different cultures.
Course Curriculum :
It is good .
I selected this college because of low tution fees and helpful staff. I got to know about it from my friends than I applied online and I got my offer letter within 10 weeks. Moreover, it just cost 200 dollars for application fees. I have done my 12 from India in the non-medical stream and I got 70% .this college now accepts international offers as well.
I opt for this program because I want to become a lawyer in future. I want to help international students. I will not charge them any fees in case they need my help. I have done my IELTS with an overall score of 6.5. We need to get 60 credits for the completion of this program. It is almost 2 years program. It requires an overall 6 band score in IELTS with a minimum of 5.5.
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary