Diploma (Accounting – Business)
International Student Tution
- Durham College offers a program of Diploma in Accounting – Business with a duration of 2 years (4 semesters).
- The program is full-time and delivered on-campus.
- The program is course-based.
- Students are required to carry their laptops for this program.
- Durham College offers more than 450 pathway opportunities where students can earn both a diploma and a degree.
- Students will also have the opportunity to earn Microsoft Office Specialist certifications.
- After completing one year of business study students can graduate with a certificate in Business Fundamentals.
- Major components of the program are:
- Business Mathematics
- Computerized Accounting and Excel
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Personal Taxation
- The Employment rate of Durham College is 86.6%.
- Durham College has been ranked as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for six consecutive years
- Durham College has Approximately 800 full-time staff and faculty and 1270 part-time staff and faculty.
- Durham College has been ranked among Canada’s top 50 research colleges for three consecutive years.
- After completing this program student have job opportunities in Accounting administrator, Bank teller, Billing analyst, Bookkeeper/payroll clerk, Budget Coordinator, Collections officer, Financial analyst.
- Students get a minimum salary of 14,250 USD and a maximum of 42,000 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Diploma|
|Fees||$ 22030 for 2 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||spring (Deadline - Feb 1)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Oct 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students required an Ontario Secondary Diploma (OSSD) or an OSSD Equivalency.
- If students do not have an OSSD but are 19 years of age or older, they may be eligible to apply as a mature applicant.
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent.
- Mathematics Grade 11 M or U or 12 C, or U, or equivalent.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Secured a minimum of 70% marks in one of these certificates: All India Senior School Certificate, Higher Secondary School Certificate, Intermediate Certificate, Indian School Certificate.
- Completed grade 11 and grade 12 with 70% marks.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- College Transcripts: The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Financial Documentation: The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation: This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose: This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV: This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- Tests Score statement: IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or other English proficiency testing results.
|spring||Feb 1, 2021|
|winter||Oct 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
|Paul Foundation scholarships||$ 20174||Yes||N/A|
|Program||Delivery Type||Duration||Program Type||Tution Fees|
|Accounting – Business||full time||2 years||university_transfer, on-campus||$9992|
VISA & Work Study
- Students will need to apply for a valid Student Visa before entering Canada.
- A student visa is needed only if the program is of more than 6 months for international students.
- The visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- Before applying for the student visa, one must have a letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- The cost of the Student Visa is 112 USD.
- Student Visas are issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and application forms are available online or by paper.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity.
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Both full-time and part-time students can avail of work while studying in Canada options.
- A student can be hired for only one Work-Study position. Students can find and apply for jobs on Career Exploration and Education website.
- Student eligibility for the Work-Study Program is based upon students meeting this criterion:
- Have proof of a government student aid package of at least 1,500 USD
- Be registered at the University of Toronto as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in both terms.
- Have achieved a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in their previous academic session
- The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- Work Part-time during the academic year to earn around 2,250 USD
- Work Full time during the summer months to earn close to 4,500 UDS
- The students can work up to 20 hours per week off-campus or on-campus during regular breaks.
Career and Placement after Course
Students could be
- Accounting administrator
- Bank teller
- Billing analyst
- Bookkeeper/payroll clerk
- Budget Coordinator
- Collections officer
- Financial analyst and Junior accountant in Accounting firms
- Accounting departments in any industry
- Banks and insurance companies
My college is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus for all of us and employees, regardless of race and that is what attracted me the most. Also, they condemn all forms of anti-Black racism and all systems of oppression that deny individuals the right to equitable treatment, access, and fairness. My GPA was around 8.2. I had to submit an application form along with an application fee of $95.
Course Curriculum :
Our business program is very effective and rigorous. With the help of industry-connected professors, we develop our knowledge of accounting using the latest tools and technology in order to gain the skills employers need.
The academic standards of the Durham college drove me to apply here
Course Curriculum :
The course is designed to provide the most recent version and it has always reach the expectations