Bachelor (Interior Design)
International Student Tution
- Fanshawe College offers a Bachelor of Interior Design program with a duration of 4 years.
- This course is offered on a full-time and day-time basis studies are available for this program.
- It is an honors-level with co-op work term between levels 7 and 8.
- Students need to complete 120 credits.
- Fanshawe College is regionally ranked 103rd in Canadian universities and 6256 among the top global universities.
- Fanshawe College has a higher acceptance rate compared to other Canadian colleges.
- Co-op work term combines student's studies with paid and related work experience.
- The main aspects of interior design including:
- Problem analysis
- Concept development
- Design communication
- Drawings and specifications
- Cutting-edge design technology
- The Employment rate of Fanshawe College is 90.3%.
- The average salary after completing this course is 27,453 USD.
- Students with a three-year Advanced Diploma in Interior Design may be eligible to complete the Honours Bachelor of Interior Design degree.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 56780 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Apr 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- OSSD with courses from the College (C), University (U), University/College (M), or Open (O) stream with:
- Grade 12 English with minimum grade required is 65.
- Grade 12 Mathematics with minimum grade required is 65.
- Grade 12 University (U) or University/College (M) courses with a minimum average of 65.0%
- Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants, whose first language is not English.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- Students have a minimum of 4 major subjects in 12th Grade, including English, with an average of 70% and no course less than 65%.
- Students have an Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE).
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- Transcripts - Student required post-secondary transcripts from all previous educational institutions,
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree and they required three letters of reference.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
ELP Scores - Students need to submit proof of English language proficiency (official test scores or transcripts) from the testing authority or school.
|fall||Apr 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Health And Dental Plans||$1254||$1254||$1254||$1254|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
|Jared J. Davis Grant||$ 1000||Yes||N/A|
|Microsoft Tuition Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$ 1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- Students will need to apply for a valid Student Visa before entering Canada.
- A student visa is needed only if the program is of more than 6 months for international students.
- The visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- Before applying for the student visa, one must have a letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- The cost of the Student Visa is 112 USD.
- Student Visas are issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and application forms are available online or by paper.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity.
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Students can work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the regular academic year and full-time during scheduled breaks.
- If their program does not have scheduled breaks, they will be limited to working 20 hours per week.
- An immigration officer may apply conditions on the type of work students may perform.
- For example, they must pass an immigration medical examination before they begin work in health care, child care, or primary or secondary education.
Career and Placement after Course
- Students of this program could become designers with interior design firms, architectural firms, or corporate institutions.
- They may also work as freelance designers or as architecture and design representatives.
- They will be able to design offices, hospitality, retail and institutional facilities, health care facilities and residential settings.