Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Computer Science)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
- Georgian’s Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is a 4year (8-semester) program.
- It is an on-campus, honours and co-op program offered on a full-time basis.
- This degree-diploma is combinably offered by Lakehead University and Georgian College.
- Students have to complete their years 1 and 2 from Georgian Barrie Campus, years 3 and 4 from Lakehead Orillia Campus.
- Upon completion, students will receive both an Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences from Lakehead University and the Computer Programming Diploma from Georgian College.
- The degree-diploma combination provides a theoretical and applied framework that complements the practical skills and computer science knowledge necessary to understand and work with complex computer systems.
- In this program curriculum students need to know several programming languages, including Java, Python, and C/C++ and feature core Computer Science topics:
- Data structures, algorithm analysis, and design
- Operating systems, software engineering, and mobile computing.
- Data science.
- Internet security.
- Object-oriented programming, game programming, and computer graphic.
- health informatics, and artificial intelligence
- This Program offers two mandatory co-op work terms. Students will have opportunities to develop advanced analytical, programming, and software development skills, and participate in this co-operative education program to gain rewarding industry experience.
- As a graduate, the student will be able to meet and adapt to the growing demands of a career in computer sciences.
- University offers over $11 million in funding each year to new and returning students.
- It also provides academic achievement, awards that are based on a combination of criteria including academic merit and financial need.
- The average salary goes up to 45,000 USD after completion of this program.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 77899 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students require an overall average of 65 percent in high school.
- Students required a minimum of 60% or above in mathematics and a minimum of 65% in English.
- It is essential to submit secondary or high school transcripts with proof of graduation subjects taken and grades received.
- Maths, Advanced Functions, and English credits are required at Grade 12 U.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students must have one of the following certificates:
- A State Higher Secondary Certificate awarded by a State Board of Higher Secondary Education.
- Or India and Delhi Senior School Certificate awarded by the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Or Indian School Certificate awarded by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/any equivalent test to get admission to this program.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- Application form: All international student applications must be submitted through the International Application System (IAS), where program availability is located.
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Students need to show proof of graduation, subjects are taken and grades received.
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Clinical and field placement forms: Students have to submit documents required prior to the start of registration in order to ensure students' placement and to allow participation in clinical and field placement facilities.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit original or certified copies of English language proficiency test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, or other test scores.
|fall||Feb 1, 2021|
Applications for all full-time programs will be accepted on an ongoing basis after the Feb. 1 deadline for all three intakes.
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$ 4000||Yes||N/A|
|Adobe Women in Technology Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- Student visa and Visitor Visa (Optional) is required to study in Canada.
- The Student visa is a document that the Canadian government issues that allow foreign students to study at institutions in Canada.
- A student visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, with an additional 90 days. The 90 days lets the student prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend their stay.
- The cost of the student visa is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity i.e. a valid passport or travel document.
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME).
- The International student can work as in Canada if their mode of study is full-time, they’re allowed to work on- or off-campus.
- A SIN is a 9 digit number that the Government of Canada gives the students. They need one to work in Canada.
- International students can work up to 20 hours per week during their studies and 40 hours per week during vacation.
- They can earn approximately CAD 8 - CAD 10 per hour as a part-time. Students can work full time off campus during co-op terms and can earn approximately CAD 10 - CAD 15 per hour.
Career and Placement after Course
The followings are the job opportunities that students can look for:
- Software Developer/Engineer
- Computer Programmer
- Technician/Technical Analyst
- Information Systems Designer
I wanted to opt for Georgian College because this college is very much student-centric and driven by students, elected by the student body, and supported by staff, GCSA is dedicated to enhancing student life. After securing a GPA of 7, I had to submit a common application and along with that paid an application fee of $100.
Course Curriculum :
In this program, students are introduced to the various functional aspects of business in general and accounting in particular. Graduates are proficient in computer, communication, and mathematical skills and employ advanced management and financial management techniques to support accounting activities, including the maintenance of accounting records and the preparation and presentation of financial statements.