Master of Information Technology [M.I.T] (Network Technology)
Course & Thesis Based
Offered by Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research, Carleton University
International Student Tution
- The Master of Arts in Music and Culture is a 2-year program at Carleton University.
- This program defines the needs of industry and society in the IT area, giving students the skills they will need to succeed in this demanding and ever-evolving field.
- The program has Pathway Options:
- Research Essay
- The Master’s degree consists of two programs:
- Network Technology (NET)
- Digital Media (DM)
- Students learn the design, management, and operation of computer networks and develop research skills through courses and a project framework.
- The need for new digital media and network solutions is rapidly growing in both the public and private sectors.
- NET graduates could look at working with network operators, Internet service providers, or pursue careers with networking equipment manufacturers or with government agencies.
- The Faculty Research Highlights are:
- Apple iPhone networking subsystems
- Network security and privacy
- Cellular mobile networks
- Cloud computing
- Internet of things
- The student to faculty ratio is 12:1 which bridges the gap between faculty and students.
- Carleton University has an acceptance rate of 21%, compared to other Canadian universities.
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students required an undergraduate degree in network technology, electrical engineering, computer science, engineering, or a related field from a recognized University.
- A GPA of at least 3.33/4.33 (B+ grade) is required in a related discipline.
- If English is not the students’ first language then they must provide proof of English competency.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
Required Document List
Following are the required Documents:
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and/or volunteer experience.
- Transcript: A PDF copy of all post-secondary transcripts within the application or in Carleton Central.
- Two Letter of Reference: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Statement of Intent: Explain the reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Writing Sample: Students applying for a job, internship, may be asked to provide a writing sample that allows an employer or graduate program to judge student ability to convey a written message.
- Aptitude test results: Used to make inferences about competencies, capabilities, and future performance on the job of the students.
- Preference Form: Some departments require students to fill in a preference form that will ask to outline their preferences for the program specialization, research area, or faculty supervisor.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL, or other test scores.
86 / 120
Avg. Score in
6.5 / 9
Avg. Score in
310 / 340
Avg. Score in
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room(on campus)||$ 13,354|
|Room(off campus)||$ 10,000|
Times Higher Education 2020
Ranked #201/ 801
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Ontario Graduate Scholarship|| $10,847 || Yes || N/A |
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 19 Feb, 2021 |
|FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship|| $20,000 || Yes || N/A |
|Ontario Graduate Fellowship|| $8,459 || Yes || N/A |
|Aga khan Foundation Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 31 Mar, 2020 |
|Ellis R. Ott Scholarship for Applied Statistics and Quality Management|| Variable || Yes || 01 Apr, 2020 |
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program|| $150 || Yes || N/A |
|Go Clean Scholarship|| $3,500 || Yes || 31 Dec, 2020 |
|BrokerFish International student scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 21 Dec, 2020 |
|VueVille Future Technology Scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 30 Sep, 2020 |
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship|| $1,385 || Yes || 30 Apr, 2020 |
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 09 Mar, 2020 |
|Bharat Petroleum Scholarship 2020|| Variable || Yes || N/A |
|Paul Foundation scholarships|| $20,174 || Yes || N/A |
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 30 Aug, 2020 |
VISA & Work Study
- Students need a Study Visa to stay in Canada. After receiving the study permit, they can apply for the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
- The cost of the Study Visa is 112 USD and valid for the length of the study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- At the time of VISA application, students need to provide various documents:
- Application form and Study Plan.
- Completed IMM 1294 (Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada).
- Letter of Acceptance (Student Information for a Study Visa from Carleton University).
- Valid Passport (photocopy or scan).
- Biometrics (fingerprints and photo)
- Financial Evidence.
- No criminal record certificate
- Results of a medical exam.
- The Work-Study Program provides students a chance to get at a part-time on-campus job.
- In On-Campus program students may work up to a maximum of 192 hours for the work-study period and earn up to a maximum of $3,000 for the fall/winter session.
- The work-study hourly wage is $15.00/hour plus vacation pay.