Bachelor (Craft and Design - Ceramics)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
- Sheridan College offers Bachelor of Craft and Design - Ceramics honours degree for a duration of 4 years (8 semesters) program.
- This course is offered on a full-time basis.
- Students are considered for a full-time degree if the student takes more than 70% of the required credits or 2/3 of the required courses for their program.
- As a ceramics major, students will work in one of North America’s leading facilities.
- College offers hands-on learning in one of Canada's leading Ceramics studios.
- Students will learn innovative approaches to clay, such as wheel-throwing, hand-building, mold making, slipcasting, clay/glaze formulation and firing salt/soda, wood, pit, gas, and electric kilns.
- The Faculty and student ratio for this program is 1:16.
- This program contains a mandatory internship for all students during the summer between the 3rd and 4th years.
- Students receive in-class and 1-on-1 career education support to help prepare for the internship.
- The internship component is delivered by Sheridan's Co-operative Education Office, which facilitates more than 1800 co-op/internship work term per year Sheridan-wide.
- Sheridan is pleased to provide an Entrance scholarship in the amount of 1,125 USD to select applicants in this degree program.
- The average salary goes up to 40,500 USD after completing this program.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 55988 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Eligible applicants are selected on the basis of previous academic achievement (the average of their six highest senior-level credits, including required courses).
- Students must hold an Ontario Secondary School diploma with 65% on the combined average course in Grade 12.
- Students need to complete Grade 12 English with 65% or higher.
- Students must provide acceptable proof of at least three years of full-time study in a secondary school (high school) or school system where English was the primary language of teaching and grading.
- Students should have completed two semesters of postsecondary education including required courses with a minimum of 65% overall average.
English Language proficiency:
- Applicants from India, China, Vietnam, Philippines, and Pakistan should note that IELTS is the only proficiency score accepted by the Study Direct Stream (SDS) program.
- Meeting the minimum English requirements does not guarantee admission. Students with higher English proficiency scores will receive priority in the admission assessment process.
- Not all students will qualify for EAP-3106 in place of the required IELTS or TOEFL test scores.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem….Read More
Required Document List
Required Documents are:
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Certificates: Certificates like High School or University/College Certificates are to be submitted of education qualification.
- Test Results: Provide proof of English proficiency, if English is not the first language in student country, as proof of IELTS/TOEFL/PTE result scores is to be submitted.
|fall||Feb 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Housing and meals||$ 13095|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$ 4000||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
|VueVille Future Technology Scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Sep 30, 2020|
|Program||Delivery Type||Duration||Program Type||Tution Fees|
|Craft and Design - Furniture||full time||4 years||honours, on-campus||$13997|
|Craft and Design - Glass||full time||4 years||honours, on-campus||$13997|
|Craft and Design - Industrial Design||full time||4 years||honours, on-campus||$13997|
|Craft and Design - Textiles||full time||4 years||honours, on-campus||$13997|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- A student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- The student must have a student visa to enroll in any degree, program, or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Student VISA.
- A student VISA is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Students may be eligible to work in Canada while studying if a study permit includes a condition that says a student can work on or off-campus.
- Students must also meet all the other requirements.
- Students can only start working in Canada when they start the study program.
- Students can't work before studies begin.
- Students may work up to 24 hours per week.
Career and Placement after Course
Here are some jobs student might find: