Bachelor of Nursing [B.N]
Field of Study
International Student Tution
- Bachelor of Nursing honours degree at Seneca College offers a 4-years (8 semesters) program.
- This course is offered on a full-time basis.
- Students will gain a solid foundation in human anatomy, physiology, and complementary subjects in general education.
- Students will gain a minimum of 1,200 hours of clinical experience.
- This program includes:
- Nursing theory
- Nursing practice
- Professional issues
- Human anatomy
- The Student to Teacher ratio is 22:1 which helps increase interaction between professors and students.
- Seneca College offers the Nursing program in collaboration with York University.
- Students can apply for scholarship programs initiated by the Government of Canada up to 40,664 USD per year
- Students may have job opportunities as a Forensic Nurse Consultant, Informatics Nurse Specialist, etc with an average salary of 64,956 USD per year.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 80344 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Mar 1)|
|Admission Intake||spring (Deadline - Sept 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent including six Grade 12 (U - University or M - University/College) courses with a minimum grade of 70% and a minimum average of 80%.
- Required courses minimum final grade of 70% in each:
- English: Grade 12 ENG 4(U)
- Mathematics: any Grade 12(U)
- Biology: Grade 12 SBI 4(U)
- Chemistry: Grade 12 SCH 4(U) or Physics: Grade 12 SPH 4(U)
- Applicants who have previously attended postsecondary studies must achieve the following:
- University Studies: At least four full courses or one year of full-time degree studies at a recognized university and GPA requirements will be determined annually.
- College Studies: At least two full semesters or one year of full-time studies at a recognized college with a minimum GPA of 3.3 (B+/75% or equivalent).
- Students completed the English with a grade of 12 and 65% higher.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE to get admission in this program.
To be eligible for work placements, prior to first placement, students must complete a Clinical Preparedness Permit, which includes:
- A valid certificate in Basic Rescuer Level Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Health Care Provider
- A current medical and immunization report
- A current clear police record check
- A record of mask fit testing
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The student has graduated from senior secondary school or equivalent (those applying for a postgraduate program must have graduated from a university or college).
- Minimum four major subjects in 12th Grade, including English with an average of 70% and no course less than 65%.
Required Document List
Required Documents are:
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Test Results: Provide proof of English proficiency, if English is not the first language in student country, as proof of IELTS/TOEFL result scores is to be submitted.
- Certificates: One of the following certificates with a minimum grade of 65 or above in required program subjects:
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- The Senior School Certificate
- The Pre-University Examination Certificate
- The Intermediate Examination Certificate
|fall||Mar 1, 2022|
|spring||Sep 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Books and Supply||$3150||$3150||$3150||$3150|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Transportation and Food||$ 8100|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
|Jared J. Davis Grant||$ 1000||Yes||N/A|
|Microsoft Tuition Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$ 1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- A student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- The student must have a student visa to enroll in any degree, program or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Student VISA.
- A student VISA is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Both full-time and part-time students can avail of work while studying in Canada options.
- A student can be hired for only one Work-Study position. Students can find and apply for jobs on Career Exploration and Education website.
- Student eligibility for the Work-Study Program is based upon students meeting this criterion:
- Have proof of a government student aid package of at least 1,500 USD
- Be registered at the University of Manitoba as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in both terms
- Have achieved a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in their previous academic session
- The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- Work Part-time during the academic year to earn around 2,250 USD
- Work Full time during the summer months to earn close to 4,500 USD
- The students can work up to 20 hours per week off-campus or on-campus during regular breaks.
Career and Placement after Course
When a student graduates from this program, these are the types of employers waiting for student:
- Community agencies
- Medical clinics
- Industry and additional care agencies
Legal Nurse Consultant
The student will also be qualified to join the following affiliations and associations:
- Canadian Nurses Association
- College of Nurses of Ontario
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario
It was a good program and small class size. I liked how it was close to me and offered a good transition between high school and university which is where I will be for my last 2 years of my program.
Course Curriculum :
It is very strict, which I understand why as it important that the nurses that are produced are top-notch. I sometimes wish that things were more spaced out. so that I can catch a little break and get some time for myself.