Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Informatics and Security)
International Student Tution
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 67144 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Mar 1)|
|Admission Intake||spring (Deadline - Sept 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, including six Grade 12 (U - University or M - University/College) courses with a minimum average of 65%.
- Students should have completed the following courses with a minimum average of 65%:
- English: Grade 12 ENG4U
- Mathematic: any Grade 12 U
- International students must submit scores of IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE to meet the minimum English language requirements.
Work Experience Eligibility:
- Work experience is required as part of this program.
- A work-integrated learning experience that amounts to no less than 420 hours of full-time equivalent work is desirable.
- Students must be in good standing and meet all identified requirements prior to participating in the work experience.
- Students are recommended to seek relevant industry work experience opportunities for demonstrating better knowledge of the program
Indian Student Eligibility:
- An applicant should have graduated from senior secondary school or equivalent (those applying for a postgraduate program must have graduated from a university or college).
- Taking a minimum of 4 major subjects in 12th Grade is essential, including English with an average of 70% and no course less than 65%.
Required Document List
Required Documents are:
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Test Results: Provide proof of English proficiency, if English is not the first language in student country, as proof of IELTS/TOEFL result scores is to be submitted.
- Certificates: One of the following certificates with a minimum grade of 65 or above in required program subjects:
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- The Senior School Certificate
- The Pre-University Examination Certificate
- The Intermediate Examination Certificate
|fall||Mar 1, 2022|
|spring||Sep 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Books and Supply||$1312||$1312||$1312||$1312|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Transportation and Food||$ 8100|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
|Jared J. Davis Grant||$ 1000||Yes||N/A|
|Microsoft Tuition Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|The Google Lime Scholarship||$ 10000||Yes||Dec 4, 2021|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- A student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- The student must have a student visa to enroll in any degree, program or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Student VISA.
- A student VISA is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Both full-time and part-time students can avail of work while studying in Canada options.
- A student can be hired for only one Work-Study position. Students can find and apply for jobs on Career Exploration and Education website.
- Student eligibility for the Work-Study Program is based upon students meeting this criterion:
- Have proof of a government student aid package of at least 1,500 USD
- Be registered at the University of Manitoba as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in both terms.
- Have achieved a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in their previous academic session
- The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- Work Part-time during the academic year to earn around 2,250 USD
- Work Full time during the summer months to earn close to 4,500 USD
- The students can work up to 20 hours per week off-campus or on-campus during regular breaks.
Career and Placement after Course
When the student graduates from this program, these are the types of career options that student can explore:
- Cybersecurity analyst
- Security operations center analyst
- Compliance and controls analyst
- Network and systems administrator
- Infrastructure and cyber defense operations
- Information security co-ordinator
- Network security administrator
- Information security analyst
- Cybersecurity intelligence and analytics analyst
- Information technology security analyst
- Information security consultant