Huron University College: Courses, Student Life, Residence, Admissions & Scholarships
Huron University College was originally founded in the year 1863 as Huron College. The public institution is well known for Arts and Social Science including political science, psychology, history, economics, and English. Huron University College is affiliated with the University of Western Ontario which is located in London, Ontario, Canada.
Courses at Huron University College are offered in the areas of Business Administration, Management, Health & Well-Being, Humanities & Culture, Economics, History, International Studies, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion & Theology, Languages. The library services offered by the university helps the students with several academic papers and resources as well as benefiting them with writing services. Huron University College offers technology loan services. Many clubs and sports options available for the students on the campus.
The Career Development service of Huron University College helps the students with future planning. Furthermore, students seeking admission to Huron University College are offered a wide range of scholarships including Gary Barnes Pre-Business Scholarship, International Presidential Scholarship, and Frank Holmes Scholarship. Every year the college provided 1.5 million CAD as financial aid to students. The average tuition fees for Canadian students of undergraduate courses is 6,050 CAD and international students is 29,936 – 33,526 CAD. For graduate courses tuition fees for Canadian students is 6,360 CAD and for international students, fees are 18,612 CAD.
Huron University College has produced many notable alumni such as writer and artist Norman Elder, Canadian historian Janice MacKinnon, and politician Paul Macklin. The college maintains a strong relationship with its graduate alumni by distributing several awards of distinction.
- Huron University College generally offers undergraduate courses in Arts and social science, Management and Organizational Studies and Theology study. Duration of these courses is 4 years.
- This university offers major and specialisation courses of all subjects.
- There are 15 departments in Arts and social science. Graduate and undergraduate degrees are offered in Theology. Theology is the study of religion.
- The institute also offers study of Languages like English and French.
- Students can apply for Scholar’s Electives program for the first year of a BA, BMOS degree program offering limited enrolment. Students must have at least 90% admission average for this full time course.
- Huron University College offers huge numbers of courses including Management, Health & Well-Being, Languages, etc. The University offers Bachelor’s Degree Courses in Business in collaboration with The Ivey Business School at Western. The institute offers generally Business Administration courses combined Honors Specialization in Global Culture Studies, Global Development Studies, Globalization Studies.
- Candidates must qualify TOEFL, IELTS with a minimum score 83 for admission in the above courses.
Huron University College has two campuses in London, Canada.
The campus is located at Russell Square, Bloomsbury, London which offers American-style higher education. The university had over 350 students from more than 50 countries and offered a range of undergraduate and graduate programs in International Relations and Communications. Now the London campus is known as Hult International Business School.
The campus is located near the University of Western Ontario which provides well-balanced academic and non-academic life to the students and staff members. The library services allow using several academic papers and resources for their studies. This campus also offers a huge number of undergraduate and graduate courses.
The university provides various on-campus and off-campus accommodations for the students at affordable prices.
Almost 70% of first-year students choose on campus because it is easy to meet new friends in a new atmosphere. Huron University College provides five residences on the campus. Those are O'Neil/Ridley Hall, Hellmuth Hall, Southwest Residence, Brough House Residence, and Henderson House Residence. All those residences are provided high-class accommodation to the students.
On-campus, residence fees range from 8,604 to 10,145 CAD. Rooms are available based on a first-come-first-served basis. Students must deposit 1000 CAD for booking rooms. Full-Year Meal Plan available at 4,893 CAD including full Access 7-Day Plan, Huron Flex, Western Flex Dollars, and Guest Passes.
On-Campus Student Housing Facilities
- Almost 70% of first-year students choose on campus residence
- Hellmuth and Presidential Scholarship holders get a preference to choose a room.
- Upper class programs like “Dons” and “Sophs” help for a better future.
- Floor and community events are organized throughout the year.
- Group study sessions and skills-building workshops management reduce stress.
- Entertainment programs like playing ping pong, watching movies and chilling with friends.
- For applications to residence and room assignment Huron started a program called STARREZ.
- Candidates need to complete the application and pay the deposit by the deadline. For accessing STARREZ, candidates must need active Western Identity.
- Residence Applications will be opened on March 31, 2021 and end on June 4th 2021.
- Huron provides residence on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Huron only provides a single room only for Covid-19 situations.
Off-Campus Housing is beneficial at Huron with an extensive support system, and a unique sense of community. They must be touched with Mental health resources, Academic resources, Financial resources of the university. Off-campus students can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any problems.
Wellness & Safety: Huron University provides support to encourage student health and wellness. They also partner with Western University to provide students with effective support. The Wellness Centre is located at (previously Young House) on Burnlea Walk.
Curriculum enhancement: Students are offered for exchange programmes, studying abroad programme, or participating in Huron in Honduras for extension learning. For example, a student of Japanese language can visit Japan to enhance learning.
Academic advising: Huron’s academic advising team helps you for course selection, program planning, degree and module requirements, academic considerations, learning tools and resources, and university policies.
Faith support: St. John’s Chapel, located in the university is a beautiful space for peace, lectures, and used as a set for photography and film.
The application process of Huron University College is conducted through the following steps:
Step 1: Submit your Application
- First, complete an application through the Ontario Universities Application Centre or the official website of Huron University College www.ouac.ca.
- Students have to fill in any additional forms related to scholarships/ bursaries.
- By filling the OUAC 105 form students will find Huron within Western University.
Step 2: Choosing Desired Program
For choosing the desired program follow the program code available to students.
|EHD||Management and Organizational Studies|
Step 3: Sending Documents
Students must submit their transcripts as proof or prior education online or send them directly to Huron's Admission Office.
Step 4: Accepting the Offer
By accepting Huron's Offer of Admission online confirm on your OUAC account.
The application fee is 50 CAD which must be paid via credit card. No other mode of payment is accepted and the fee is non-refundable.
- Successful completion documents of High School Diploma.
- Documents of Grade 12 Academic English and any other stated prerequisite courses.
- Language proficiency (if required) test results in the form of IELTS score or TOEFL score.
- A minimum final average marks in the admission offer letter.
Learn about the exams required to study in Canada.
Candidates also need
- Reconsideration for Admission Form
- Statement of Activities Form
- Special Consideration Form
- Mature Student Form
- Deferral Request Form
The cost of attendance comprises tuition fee and living expenses. Having an estimate of cost to study in Canada is imperative for any international student. Let’s have a look at the expenses one has to incur to study at Huron University College.
The tuition fee for various programs offered at the institute varies as per their levels and duration. Tuition fees for Huron University College depend on the subject credits and specialization. The distribution of the estimated fees for undergraduate courses are mentioned below:
|Programs||1st year fees (CAD)||2nd year fees (CAD)||3rd year fees (CAD)||4th years fees (CAD)|
|Arts and Social Sciences||8,103.09||7935.78||7935.78||7935.78|
|International Arts and Social Science||36,649.09||35,239.78||34,043.78||32,891.78|
|International Management and Organizational||46,367.09||43,111.78||40,242.78||37,579.78$|
|International Theology Program Fees (BA Religion & Theology)||36,749.09||35,339.78||34,143.78||32,991.78$|
Other expenses apart from tuition fee to be considered while applying for admission Huron University College is:
|Type of Expenditure||Annual Cost (in CAD)|
|Room Rate||For Double Room- 7,878 For Single Room- 8,810 For Double Pod Room- 8,050 For Single Pod Room- 8,985 For Suite (Super Single) Room- 9,360|
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees||195.79|
|International Enroute Program Fees||29,703.86$|
Huron University College awards 2.6 million CAD to build the students’ support for making education accessible. Scholarships are given based on academic history or application. Huron University College offers scholarships based on the academic year like Entrance Scholarships, Upper-Year Scholarships, etc.
|Name of Scholarship||Amount (in CAD)||Type||Eligibility|
|International Automatic Entrance Scholarships||1,000 to 15,000 per year||Admission Based||International students with strong admission averages (calculated using admission requirements) will automatically be eligible for scholarships.|
|Frank Holmes Academic Athlete Scholarships||4,500 per year for two years||Competition Based||One male and one female full-time Huron student registered on a Western Varsity Athletic team with average 80% marks in academic results.|
|The Doris and Owen Foster Scholarship||500||Academic Result||Highest average (minimum 75%) in full courses in the previous year of study with learning disability.|
|Canada Graduate Scholarships - Master's||17,500||Competition Based||Minimum of 80% in each of the last two completed years of full-time study.|
Also, check other scholarships for international students to study in Canada.
International students are permitted to work-study in Canada depending on their courses and academic year. Huron University College offers some internship and career programs depending on their courses.
The Huron University Alumni Association provides opportunities for Huron alumni and friends to maintain connections and contribute to the growth of the Huron University community.
Benefits of being alumni of Huron University College include:
- The university provides awards to the alumni for outstanding professional achievement. The university provides the awards like Young Alumni Award, Alumni Award of Distinction.
- Alumni can organize events and conferences in the Halls of The Huron University.
- The university offers a Mentorship Program to the Alumni for encouraging young students.
- a 50% discount on world-class theatre is offered to the Alumni.
- Huron Alumni Perks App is available for the others options and offers.
The Huron University College had produced many eminent personalities including:
- Michael Medline – CEO of Empire Company Limited (BA 1984)
- Richard McLaren– law professor, (HBA 1968)
- David Beaupre – vice president of business development for LafargeHolcim Canada (BA 1997)
- Peter Aceto — president and chief executive officer of ING DIRECT Canada, (BA 1991)
- Alfred Apps (BA 1979) — president of the Liberal Party of Canada since 2009
- Paul Beeston (BA 1967) — president of the Toronto Blue Jays.
- John Chapman (M.Div. 1978) — Anglican Bishop of Ottawa
Ques. Is Huron University College good?
Ans. Huron University College is one of the top teaching and research-intensive universities in Canada. It has been ranked 3048 among Canada.
Ques. What are the best courses offered by Huron University College?
Ans. The college is well known for the undergraduate courses like Arts and Social Science including political science, psychology, history, economics, and English.
Ques. What is the competitive exam rank required for admission of international students in Huron University College?
Ans. Candidate should qualify for any of the English proficiency tests among TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic, MELAB for admission to Huron University College, Canada.
Ques. Does Huron University College offer scholarships?
Ans. Huron University College awards 2.6 million CAD scholarships to build the students’ support for making education accessible. Scholarships are given based on academic history or application.
Ques. What are the Bachelor’s Degree Courses in Business offered by Huron University College?
Ans. Huron University College in collaboration with The Ivey Business School at Western. These courses are Honors Specialization in Global Culture Studies/Honors Business Administration (Ivey), Specialization in Global Development Studies, Globalization Studies, etc.
Ques. What are the living expenses for Huron University College?
Ans. Room Rate, Meal Plan, Reznet Fee, Key/Damage Deposit, Compulsory Ancillary Fees, International Enroute Program Fees are the living expenses for Huron University College.
Ques. What are the Application Fees for Huron University College?
Ans. Application fees for Huron University College is 50 CAD which must be paid via credit card. No other mode of payment is accepted and the fee is non-refundable.
Find a Program
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
Ranked #176 - #200
Ranked #126 - #150
Ranked #176 - #200
I wanted to get admitted here as it was known for its small classes, individual attention from faculty, and commitment to academic excellence. Huron has grown to become one of Canada's leading university institutions, one where students are encouraged to grow intellectually and personally in a supportive, involving, and challenging community environment. After securing a GPA of 8, I had applied through an online application form for $150.
Course Curriculum :
My program was built with a heavy focus on basic foundational research knowledge in Psychology. With the emphasis on research skill development starts in the first year and continues throughout the program. Core research courses focus on the scholarly study of Psychology in various subfields with supplementary elective courses in many diverse topics such as Neuropsychology, Theories of Personality, Health Psychology, Persuasion, Biopsychology, Infancy, and Behaviour Modification, among many others. Psychology at Huron focuses on the development of core research skills and continues in all upper-year core research courses.
I decided to continue my studies in Economics and what better than stepping in by doing a bachelor's in the same line. The flexible approach of the college towards an international students' admission encouraged me the most to take up this college. They require basic transcripts of your 12th standard and students of every stream can apply for any course they want, which was again a highlighting factor for me. To applied I submitted my application form at OUAC along with the cost of $105.
Course Curriculum :
The program that I have chosen has exactly the same skills which I had thought of while applying for the same. The course gives an in-depth knowledge of all the aspects related to micro and macroeconomics. It helps in a thorough study as each topic in the curriculum is divided and explained under the most appropriate heads.
Huron University College came as a first choice to me with my sister belonging to the alumni of the college. I specifically chose Bachelor of Arts in Economics with Major in Finance, the same course that my sister pursued, with our family having its roots etched in economics. With the kind of positive reviews that I received from her end along with a decent academic score in class XII, I ended up gaining admission into the college. Presently, in the path of my vision that would locate me in a Brokerage firm in the future thereby quenching my obsession over investment and trading. The registration process was easy, I applied online (OUAC) and paid around $100 as the application fee.
Course Curriculum :
The entire course focuses on principles of Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Financial Markets, International Trade, Mathematical Economics, Intermediate Econometrics, International Finance, Industrial Economics, and Research Methods. Right from foundational subjects to advanced courses, the total curriculum is completely devoted to learning the intricacies of economics.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary