Tyndale University College and Seminary: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Tyndale is an institution bifurcated into a university college and seminary, collectively referred to as Tyndale University College and Seminary. Located in Toronto, Ontario it is a Christian University and Canada’s biggest Seminary which offers degrees at the undergraduate and master’s levels. It offers flexible study options such as full-time, part-time, modular programs, night classes, study online, etc.
WHY CHOOSE TYNDALE?
|RANK IN CANADA AS PER WEBOMETRICS||#104|
|INTERNATIONAL RANK AS PER WEBOMETRICS||#6178|
|STUDENTS SATISFACTION AS PER MACLEANS||#1|
- Tie ups with organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, Yonge Street Mission, Youth Unlimited and many more.
- Average of 17 students per class.
- 85% of the teachers have doctorate degrees, high expertise and grasp of knowledge.
- Student service satisfaction- 100%
- Teaching quality and standards- 98%
|TYPE OF INSTITUTION||PROVINCIALLY RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY COLLEGE AND SEMINARY.|
|LOCATION||NORTH YORK, TORONTO|
|AVERAGE NUMBER OF STUDENTS||17 PER CLASS|
|ENVIRONMENT||DIVERSE AND SAFE|
|ON CAMPUS EMPLOYEMENT||AVAILABLE|
|COUNSELLING AND OTHER BENEFITS||AVAILABLE|
- Two main academic bodies
THE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
- Bachelor of Arts (BA):
- Majors in English, Linguistics, Philosophy, Psychology, Biology, etc.
- Minors in French, Business Administration, Children’s Ministry, etc.
- Special programs
- Bachelor of Religious Education (BRE),
- Modular Program (BRE),
- Transitions (one-year program)
- Areas of study- Biblical Studies, Interdisciplinary, Counselling, Pastoral Ministry, etc.
- Degrees and diplomas- Master of Divinity, Master of Theology, Graduate diplomas, etc.
- Special programs- MDiv in Ministry, MTS Modular, etc.
- Located in a suburb of North York, in Toronto.
- Close proximity to various banks like TIDC, TD Canada Trust, food outlets, health centres, etc.
- Transportation easily available.
On campus and off campus housing available
Relaxed atmosphere amidst open spaces in nature, precisely, Tyndale’s 32 acres of green space.
- Single/double/large single dorm/room occupancy.
- Services: Wi-Fi, lounges for entertainment via television, socializing, etc.
On campus housing facilities for international students are applicable to only single students. Married students or students who bring their families to Canada shall have to opt for off campus housing.
- Town houses, basements, condos, apartments are available in Toronto.
- Prices- CAD 550 to CAD 1500.
Online portals providing aid in finding houses off campus include:
- Kijiji North York
- Toronto Rentals
- Toronto Craigslist
FACILITIES AT TYNDALE
- Counselling services
- Worship and chapel services as a unified community
- Library services
- Athletics for extracurricular activities such as Guardian Club Teams, Intramural Sports as well as a fitness centre(The Henderson Centre Gym)
- Meal program for students who have opted for campus residency.
For admission to courses in the University College, the requirements vary as per the student’s province. For instance, students coming from Ontario require:
- OSSD with an overall average of 65%
- Minimum 65% in ENG4U
- 5 other Grade 12U or M courses
Students hailing from Manitoba require to be a:
- Graduate from high school or equivalent with a university preparatory program.
- Minimum overall average of 65% in 5 academic S, G, or U courses, 1 of which must be English 40S.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college for admission to the Seminary.
- For English proficiency, IELTS or TOEFL scores must be submitted.
- Score for IELTS is 6.5
- For TOEFL (iBT) it is 90.
- Submit two references.
- Official transcripts of previous education.
- IELTS test score- 6.5
- TOEFL- 90 (iBT), 570 (PBT), 230 (computer-based test)
HOW TO APPLY
Apply at least six months before course commencement. Download the application formats from www.tyndale.ca/seminary/apply.
Deadlines for applications are as follows:
- April 1 for fall semester intake
- October 1 for winter semester intake.
- For North American applicants- CAD 50
- For International applicants- CAD 150
SOME IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
International student applying to Tyndale Seminary must keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Fill Medical form and submit it.
- Pay CAD 3000 as Tuition Deposit
- Apply for Study Permit on CIC website
- Submit Study Permit copy to: email@example.com
COST AND EXPENDITURE
|UNDERGRADUATE TUITION||CAD 1,464|
|RESOURCE FEE||CAD 63|
|STUDENT PROGRAM FEE||CAD 18|
|ADMINISTRATION FEE||CAD 48|
|AVERAGE YEARLY TUITION FEE||CAD 1,593|
Seminary Graduate Program Tuition Expenditures
|GRADUATE TUTION||CAD 1,209|
|STUDENT PROGRAM FEES||CAD 12|
|RESOURCE FEE||CAD 63|
|ADMINISTRATION FEE||CAD 48|
|AVERAGE YEARLY TUTION FEE||CAD 1,988|
Special Program Tuition Fee
|BACHELOR OF EDUCATION||CAD 29,160|
|DOCTOR OF MINISTRY||CAD 6,780|
For International Students
|TUITION FEES||CAD 15,240|
|MEAL PLAN/RESIDENCE||CAD 5,300|
|INTRODUCTION TO UNIVERSITY/SEMINARY||CAD 441|
|HEALTH INSURANCE(MANDATORY)||CAD 650|
|DOUBLE ROOM WITH A SINK||CAD 3,335*/SEMESTER|
|DOUBLE ROOM WITH A ½ BATHROOM||CAD 3,385* /SEMESTER|
|SINGLE ROOM WITH A SINK||CAD 4,675*/SEMESTER|
|SINGLE ROOM WITH A ½ BATHROOM||CAD 4,730*/SEMESTER|
|LARGE SINGLE ROOM WITH A SINK||CAD 4,915*/SEMESTER|
|LARGE SINGLE ROOM WITH A ½ BATHROOM||CAD 4,970*/SEMESTER|
|Name of Scholarship||Amount||Awarded To|
|The President’s Scholarship of Distinction||CAD 5000||New full-time student accepted into a BA, BRE or Transitions program with 90% average marks|
|President’s Scholarship of Excellence||CAD 2,000||New full-time student accepted into a BA, BRE or Transitions program with 80% to 89.9% average marks|
|President’s Scholarship of Merit||CAD 1000||New full-time student accepted into a BA, BRE or Transitions program with 75% to 79.9% average marks|
Spousal Bursary to a married couple enrolled at Tyndale at the same time of up to CAD 725. Other bursaries include the Family Bursary, Senior Bursary, etc.
WORK WHILE YOU STUDY
International students can work off campus if they have a valid study permit.
- Apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN) after obtaining study permit.
- Apply for a work permit using Tyndale’s DLI number.
- Work for 20 hours per week.
- During designated breaks permissible work hours 40/per week.
Tyndale Seminary alumni enjoy many benefits including 25% discounts on continuing course audits, discounts on regular events, free access to e-library, Deeks Insurance at lower rates.
Some notable alumni:
- Addie Aylestock, first black pastor in British Methodist Episcopal Church.
- Smith, Oswald J, pastor, author and missions advocate
- Zacharias, Ravi, apologist and evangelist
- Gino Reda, sports broadcaster and television personality
- John Arnott, founder of Catch the Fire Ministries, birthplace of the Toronto Blessing.
FIND A PROGRAM
Writing has been my passion since I was a kid. So I wanted to do my higher education in a similar field. English for writing and communication offered by the university happened to be a unique course. Canada was one of my favorite go-to places as well. Apart from that I also researched well about the college and understood that it would be the right place for me. The application for the program was done through the official website, I was also required to pay $150 for the application fee.
I found the course curriculum to be challenging and intriguing. As a part of my course, we were asked to read and analyze various works and books. This made me understand my strengths and weaknesses as a writer. I had my professors who assisted me throughout the course. I was made to interact with novelists and writers who helped me to understand better and helped get closer to my dream of becoming a well-established writer.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary