Bachelor of Computer Science [B.C.S] (Information Systems)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
- Bachelor of computer science in Information systems at Concordia University is offered a minimum of 3 to 4 years to complete.
- This program includes 90-120 credits of full-time study depending on the student's academic background.
- The co-op program offers students the chance to complete paid work terms that last 12 to 16 weeks and gain relevant work experience in the study field.
- Co-op students will assist in projects designed and implemented by professionals and may also:
- Analyze and develop computer solutions
- Design and create new software, and modify and test existing software
- Plan and implement computer security systems for database access control
- Co-op students have completed work terms for employers such as:
- Bell Canada
- Students will learn to Integrate complex software systems, operations management, and supply chain control and design database-driven applications for both operational control and data analysis.
- The main topics of the program are:
- Management Science Models for Operations Management
- Information Systems Integration
- Statistical Software for Data Management and Analysis
- The student-faculty ratio at Concordia University is 16:1.
- 75% of undergraduate classes have 60 or fewer students.
- After completing this program students have the knowledge, skill, and passion to succeed in any number of computing careers.
- The average salary goes up to 54,000 USD after completing this program.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 89700 for 4 yearsor 120 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Sept 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Candidate should submit their higher School Certificate or Intermediate Certificate or Higher Secondary Certificate or Senior School Certificate or Pre-University Certificate and should have a minimum of 3 GPA.
- Candidate needs to have an overall average of B+ grade with a minimum of B+ in math.
- Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants, whose first language is not English.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The student has graduated from senior secondary school or equivalent (those applying for a postgraduate program must have graduated from a university or college).
- Minimum 4 major subjects in 12th Grade, including English, with an average of 70% and no course less than 65%.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- Transcripts - Student required post-secondary transcripts from all previous educational institutions,
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree and they required three letters of reference.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
ELP Scores - Students need to submit proof of English language proficiency (official test scores or transcripts) from the testing authority or school.
|fall||Feb 1, 2021|
|winter||Sep 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Books and Supplies||$1687||$1687||$1687||$1687|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room And Board||$ 8100|
|Personal Exp||$ 1350|
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #201 / 500
Computer Science and Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
|VueVille Future Technology Scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Sep 30, 2020|
|Go Clean Scholarship||$ 3500||Yes||Dec 31, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student visa before entering Canada.
- A Student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- They must have a study permit to enroll in any degree, program or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Study Permit.
- Student visa and Visitor Visa (Optional) is required to study in Canada.
- A Student visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The cost of the Student visa is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a student visa:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Both full-time and part-time students can avail of work while studying in Canada options.
- A student can be hired for only one Work-Study position. Students can find and apply for jobs on Career Exploration and Education website.
- Student eligibility for the Work-Study Program is based upon students meeting this criterion:
- Have proof of a government student aid package of at least 1,500 USD.
- Be registered at Concordia University as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in both terms.
- Have achieved a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in their previous academic session
- The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- Work Part-time during the academic year to earn around 2,250 USD.
- Work Full time during the summer months to earn close to 4,500 USD.
Career and Placement after Course
After completing this program students have job opportunities in a range of sectors including:
- Health care
- Electronics and entertainment.