Bachelor of Engineering [B.Eng] (Software Engineering)
International Student Tution
- Bachelor of Engineering in Software Engineering at Concordia University takes 4-5 years to complete the
- This program includes 120 - 150 credits of full-time study depending on the student's academic background.
- In this program, students will learn a range of skills that will allow them to build apps that capture a new market to a large scale system like financial software and information databases.
- Through labs, lectures, and projects, students will also:
- Study the life cycle of software products from specification through analysis and design, to testing maintenance and evaluation
- Study the range of paradigms practiced by software developers
- Create professional-quality software systems with professional techniques and tools
- Learn to balance large-scale product development, with safety, reliability, cost, and scheduling
- Concordia was one of the first universities in Canada to introduce an undergraduate program in Software Engineering.
- All of the Engineering programs are accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board and students will eligible to become a registered professional engineer.
- In the third year of study, students may choose to take one of four specialization options:
- General Program
- Computer Games
- Real-time, Embedded, and Avionics
- Web Services and Applications
- The co-op program gives the chance to complete paid work terms that last 12 to 16 weeks.
- As a co-op, the student will work for engineering firms where the student may:
- Develop, program, design, and test new or existing software products
- Develop real-time control and data acquisition systems
- The average salary goes up to 54,000 USD after completing this program.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 89700 for 4 yearsor 120 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Sept 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Candidate should submit their higher School Certificate or Intermediate Certificate or Higher Secondary Certificate or Senior School Certificate or Pre-University Certificate and should have a minimum of 3 GPA.
- Candidate needs to have an overall average of B+ grade with a minimum of B+ in Maths and Physics.
- English-language proficiency is needed for admission to Concordia University, provided they achieve above-average grades overall and in pre-university mathematics courses in their home country.
- Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants, whose first language is not English.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The student has graduated from senior secondary school or equivalent (those applying for a postgraduate program must have graduated from a university or college).
- Minimum 4 major subjects in 12th Grade, including English, with an average of 70% and no course less than 65%.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- Transcripts - Student required post-secondary transcripts from all previous educational institutions,
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree and they required three letters of reference.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
ELP Scores - Students need to submit proof of English language proficiency (official test scores or transcripts) from the testing authority or school.
|fall||Feb 1, 2021|
|winter||Sep 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room And Board||$ 8100|
|Personal Exp||$ 1350|
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #201 / 1001
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Axol Science Scholarship||$ 2000||Yes||Jul 1, 2020|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$ 4000||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student visa before entering Canada.
- A Student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- They must have a study permit to enroll in any degree, program or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Study Permit.
- Student visa and Visitor Visa (Optional) is required to study in Canada.
- A Student visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The cost of the Student visa is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a student visa:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Both full-time and part-time students can avail of work while studying in Canada options.
- A student can be hired for only one Work-Study position. Students can find and apply for jobs on Career Exploration and Education website.
- Student eligibility for the Work-Study Program is based upon students meeting this criterion:
- Have proof of a government student aid package of at least 1,500 USD.
- Be registered at Concordia University as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in both terms.
- Have achieved a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in their previous academic session
- The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- Work Part-time during the academic year to earn around 2,250 USD.
- Work Full time during the summer months to earn close to 4,500 USD.
Career and Placement after Course
I was interested in software and wanted to pursue a career in that field. I also wanted to know more about that field and I was genuinely interested in it and that was the main reason I picked it as a career.
Course Curriculum :
The courses take hard work and dedication to do well in them but generally, it's just a matter of how much time you invest in it, if you spend enough time then you'll be pleased with the outcome. If you don't, then you won't be so pleased with it.
They had a co-op program that gives valuable internship experience. Adding three internships to your resume will come in very handy once graduated and when competing with the numerous other students applying for junior positions.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum is modern enough, with a heavy emphasis on practical experience over theory. There are a lot of labs and great projects that are a part of the course curriculum. There is also a capstone project in the final year, where you work with sponsors to bring an idea to life.