University College of the North: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
University College of North Canada is situated in Northern Manitoba, in Canada. The University was established in 2004 and has employed over 400 faculty members. It provides post- secondary training and education to the learners. Programs offered at University College of North are designed to provide students with practical training opportunities. The class size is small which enables personal interaction between instructors and students.
University College of North Rankings
- UniRank has ranked the university at #86 in Canada.
- It has also been ranked at #6188 in world rankings according to UniRank rankings.
|Number of faculty||400|
|Location||Northern Manitoba, Canada|
|Number of campuses||2|
|Application fee for international students||CAD 150.50 plus GST|
|English proficiency requirements||TOEFL, IELTS and DET (only till others centres are closed due to Covid- 19)|
University College of North Campus
University College of North Canada has two main campuses. One campus is in The Pas and another is in Thompson. The college promotes and gives opportunity to students to share their culture by having various clubs, organizations etc.
- The university has weekly recreation and wellness programs, yoga sessions; students have the option to be part of various sports groups such as Volleyball, indoor soccer, basketball, floor hockey etc.
- The university campus has a cafeteria providing high quality hygienic food to students with strict timings.
Residence Facilities at University College of North
Comfortable and convenient accommodation is available at both the university campus of University College of the North Canada at affordable rates.
- All the residence halls have Wi-Fi internet connection, and are furnished with bed, dressers, study table and chair, and wardrobe.
- The halls have smoke free lounge areas, TV rooms, provide laundry service, and have a shared kitchen with well- equipped appliances.
- The Accommodation fees for full time residents are USD 64.60 per term and non- refundable application fees of USD 30.00 is to be paid at the time of registration for housing.
Programs offered at University College of North
The university offers a number of courses which includes post- secondary programs, adult learning programs and various other programs.
- Some of the post- secondary programs offered by UCN are Bachelor of Arts (Four-Year), Bachelor of Arts (Three-Year), Bachelor of Business Administration, Community Economic Development, Culinary Arts, Joint Primary Care Paramedic, Law Enforcement, Diploma in Practical Nursing etc.
- The 2 adult learning programs are General Studies: Adult Education and Mature Student High School Diploma
- Those students who are not sure about their choice of course can contact the Assessment Centre and seek assistance from the staff who will help you to find a suitable course according to your career and academic interests.
International students who want to seek admissions at University College of the North can follow the below-mentioned application details:
- International applicants will have to apply through the Online Application Portal.
- The application fee is CAD 150.50 plus GST.
- Deadline to apply is April 1.
- Transcripts of previous academics have to be submitted.
- Records must be verified by World Education Services.
- Health insurance is required for international students.
- International students will be required to prove their proficiency in English. The minimum required scores are given below:
|Test||Minimum Required Score|
|DET (if IELTS or TOEFL centres are closed due to Covid 19)||115|
Cost of Attendance
The fee schedule for 2020 sessions will be made available on the official website by the end of June. However, some basic costs are tabulated below:
|Category||Cost ( in CAD)|
|College credit courses||CAD 226.05 per credit hour|
|University – Non Science Courses||CAD 403.30 per credit hour|
|University – Science Courses||CAD 475.55 per credit hour|
|Student Service Fees||CAD 12.85 per credit hour|
Scholarships & Financial Aid for International Students
- The university does not provide any financial aid options to international students.
- International students are also not eligible to obtain any bursaries or student loans from the Government of Manitoba.
- They will have to arrange for their own funding themselves or through scholarships in their home country.
Some of the notable alumni of University College of the North are listed below:
- Chuck Lewis – Owner of Mr. Electric Winnipeg
- Ryan Groot - HSE Manager: Murphy Oil
- Dannette Shaw - Product Support Analyst at Ceridian
- Benjamin Reiter - Environmental Services Professional
- Carl Janeczko - System Integrator: Celco Controls Ltd.
The university provides many resources to the students to find suitable jobs for themselves.
- Students can find jobs at STEP services which is a platform that connects the students to employers offering various types of jobs.
- Students can also find employment through Wow Jobs or Job Gurus.
- Other employment resources include Canada's Student Job Site, Canadian Forces Recruiting Center, The Electronic Exchange, The National Job Bank, Neuvoo.ca.
- The Assessment centre can also provide the students with details on access to Bridges Canada which has a lot of information about careers.
FIND A PROGRAM
It was my dream to pursue higher education from Canada and my interest was already in Business Administration. I researched the Best universities and chosen University College of the North out of them. I had submitted an Application fee of nearly $150 for admission and all the necessary documents. I had applied online for the university and had applied for the visa early, as it is very important.
Course Curriculum :
The course of Bachelors of Business Administration is diverse. It delivered all the skills, both focusing equally on the theory and practical part. The college also provides internship and training facilities. The subjects which I studied during the course till now include financial management, accountancy, marketing, management ethics, and basics of mathematics and advanced economies. The course gives an in-depth knowledge of every topic.