Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Computer Science)
International Student Tution
- B.Sc computer science at Lakehead University allows students to complete this course in 4 years.
- Computer science program plays a leading role in modern society, shaping the abilities of the future.
- The student to faculty ratio for this program is 15:1.
- Students in this program are required to take at least five FCE (full-course equivalent) outside the Departments of Computer Science and Mathematical Sciences.
- There are two focus areas in this program:
- Business Focus
- Science Focus.
- Students completing the Busines Focus program requirements and wishing to qualify for the Entrepreneurship Certificate in the Faculty of Business Administration must, instead of Business computing take as an elective a course from the following list: Management Information system, Business Intelligence, Project management, and Information technology project or an alternate approved by the Faculty of Business Administration.
- In the Science focus, at least one FCE (full-course equivalent) elective from Mathematical and natural resources must be at the second-year level or higher.
- The application of computer science offers innovative approaches to new challenges.
- Students have the career/job opportunities after the program are Health Informatics Specialist, Web Developer, Webmaster, Computer Network Specialist, Game Developer, Information Specialist, Security Specialist, Mobile Application Developer.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 73656 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Mar 1)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Nov 2)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must complete the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
- Program-specific prerequisite courses:
- one course from:
- Computer Science
- Students must have an equivalent of a minimum 70% overall final average.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Students need to submit one of the following certificates:
- State Higher Secondary Certificate awarded by a State Board of Higher Secondary Education.
- India and Delhi Senior School Certificate awarded by the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Indian School Certificate awarded by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations.
Students need to submit the following score or mark sheet:
- X level exam scores,
- XI level final mark sheet, and
- Mid-year or predicated XII results.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
Official Transcripts: Students have to submit a copy of their original official transcripts.
Reference letters: Students will choose letter representatives that will be able to comment on their academic record as well as other experiences or relevant skill sets.
|fall||Mar 1, 2020|
|winter||Nov 2, 2020|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Housing and Food (Residence Hall)||$ 10950|
|Housing (Townhouse)||$ 7560|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Go Clean Scholarship||$ 3500||Yes||Dec 31, 2020|
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Feb 19, 2021|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
|Jared J. Davis Grant||$ 1000||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- There is no particular visa type to study in Canada but students require a study permit.
- International applicants who are applying for a student visa are required to have TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) or eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) for entry in Canada.
- The document required for the VISA Application:
- Valid Passport
- Proof of acceptance by a DLI (Designated Learning Institute),
- Medical Report.
- Proof of financial support.
An international student is working up to 20 hours per week during the academic school year and up to 40 hours per week in the summer if students are not enrolled in classes.
Career and Placement after Course
Careers possible after this course are
- Health Informatics Specialist
- Web Developer
- Computer Network Specialist
- Game Developer
- Information Specialist
- Security Specialist
- Mobile Application Developer