Canadian Tourism College (Vancouver): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The Canadian Tourism College(CTC) was founded in 1980 and it specializes in Travel & Tourism, Flight attendants, and Hospitality programs. Education is accessible for international students all over the world as the college has campuses in Vancouver and Surrey, and also has online options. For over three decades, CTC has been a leader in tourism career training and hence, is a top institute for tourism aspirants to study in Canada.
The diversity, multicultural environments, and natural beauty of the college attract over 150,000 international students to Canada to study every year. It provides high-level education and training focusing on employable skills. The college is designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch of the British Columbia Government and meets quality standards set by the Education Act of British Columbia.
The campuses in Vancouver and Surrey were closed due to the Coronavirus pandemic and are going to open shortly according to their official website. The classes will be held maintaining safety and preventive measures.
- CTC will be providing both online and in-person sessions(with a small group of students).
- In-person sessions will be available for courses that require specific equipment access.
- Online Applications are open and can be done at the admission portal.
- Safety Measures such as social distancing, on-campus nurses, wearing masks, providing hand sanitizers and other measures will be taken to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
- Isolation measures like securing hotels for self-quarantine will be taken for new arrivals.
|Program Intake Months||September; January; April; June|
|Class Size||35 students|
|Campus Housing||Not Available|
|Mode of Program||Full-time/ Online|
|Number of Programs||9|
|Admission Advisor||1-877-731-9810 (Vancouver)|
Canadian Tourism College Campus
- The college has two campuses located in Vancouver and Surrey, British Columbia.
- The Vancouver campus location features a gorgeous view of the mountains and the ocean inspiring students pursuing a travel or tourism career.
- The campus is very easily accessible from any place in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver. It is within walking distance from public transits, shops, and some of the best restaurants.
- The campus provides wide classrooms, a well-spaced cafeteria, and a comfortable learning environment.
- Each Campus has a respective Campus Director, Campus Administrator, and one or more Admission Advisors. They can be contacted for assistance. The Campus operating office hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Computer facilities with internet access are available at the college for any course-related works. The campuses also offer many other expert facilities to students for training purposes.
- The locations are convenient and easily accessible to international students. A virtual tour of the college campus is available at Virtual Tour page of the website.
Canadian Tourism College Residence
- The college does not provide on-campus housing facilities for students. But, there are many other housing and accommodation options for students in the Vancouver Area.
- The Lower Mainland Area in Vancouver has many housing options including short time residence or shared accommodation.
- The Global Education City (GEC) and Casa Vancouver offer affordable living at well-connected locations in Metro Vancouver according to the student’s needs.
- Homestays, providing convenient places with a host family, are also available in Vancouver for international students. HomestayBay, Contact Canada, and Homadorma are some of the homestay placement companies students can opt for.
- Options for apartments to rent in the Vancouver region are available at padmapper.com, craigslist, kijiji, rentsline.com, myidealhomerentals.com, and Bell Accommodation Services.
Canadian Tourism College Programs
- The Canadian Tourism College provides 9 programs under the fields of Travel and Tourism, Hospitality, Flight Attendant Programs, and Online Certificate Courses.
- The diploma programs in Travel and Tourism have a 5-star level endorsement by the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA)
- The Hospitality programs at Canadian Tourism College offer training in areas of the Hotel and Resort Management industry, also focusing on Accounting and Marketing, with hands-on practical skills and additional work experience for Diploma courses.
- The popular Flight Attendant Program at CTC offers important pieces of training on Aircraft systems, Airport Familiarization, Advanced First Aids, Food Safety Certification, and others.
Canadian Tourism College Application Process
How to apply?
Admission to this college can be a cakewalk as the requirements are very minimal. Both offline and online applications are available.
Application Portal: The students can apply using the Online Application or they can submit an offline application.
Application fee: 300 USD (International applicants); 100 USD (Domestic Applicants)
One must fulfill the admission requirements to qualify for enrollment into this college.
- 12th Grade Graduation from Canadian Institution or any other worldwide institution of the same level.
- Completion of G.E.D. successfully
- Completion of hospitality or tourism-related program at an institution
- Completion of CTC Entrance Exam with at least 65% score
- Applicant must be over 19 years of age
- Canadian Student Visa.
English Proficiency proof for International Students with the minimum English test scores is listed below.
|Test||Minimum Scores for Hospitality, Travel & Tourism Programs||Minimum Scores for Flight Attendant Program|
|CTC English Assessment (written)||70%||65%|
|CTC English Assessment (online)||75%||70%|
The applicants not securing the passing scores can apply for English courses at CTC. The Online English Assessment Test can be given from the Portal available on the official website.
Canadian Tourism College Cost of Attendance
The details of total tuition fees in Canadian dollars (which include materials, uniforms, grad, supplies, and archive fees) for different programs are as follows. The table below mentions the expenses for international students
|Program||Total Tuition Fees in CAD|
|Flight Attendant Diploma||7674|
|Hospitality and Resort Business Management Diploma + Co-op||24,005|
|Hospitality and Resort Business Management Diploma||18,855|
|Hospitality + Co-op Certificate||9,596|
|Tourism + Co-op Certificate||8,456|
|Travel and Tourism Business Management Diploma + Co-op||25,025|
|Travel and Tourism Business Management Diploma||21,050|
|Online Event and Meeting Planning Certificate||1,950|
|Online: Travel Agent Certificate||3,100|
The average cost of accommodation in Vancouver ranges from 1500 to 2500 CAD.
Canadian Tourism College Financial Aid
- The institute offers only one scholarship, but provides assistance to the students for receiving financial support from external organizations.
- Canadian Tourism College Scholarship Award is given by the institute with amount ranging between 500 and 10,000 CAD. Domestic as well as international students are eligible to apply.
- Some of the options for students to get help to pay their tuition fees include:
- British Council Scholarships: BC scholarships is an organization that offers various scholarships for all age group and study area students. One of the awards include Personal Achievement College Scholarship worth 15,000 CAD.
- Canada Students Grant: These grants are funded by the Canadian government and students don’t need to repay the grant amount. The worth of grants depends on the needs and background of the applicant.
- Canada and British Columbia Student Loans: It is an organization that provides loans, grants, and scholarships to the students who are residents of B.C.
- Other resources where students may find support include Engagement and Social Development Canada, Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada, Lifelong Learning Plan, Registered Education Savings, etc.
Canadian Tourism College Alumni Network
- The Canadian Tourism College is well connected across the globe because of the various locations worldwide where the alumni have gone to work.
- They maintain an active community and have shared their successful careers on website.
- The alumni members have the benefits of a referral program where they can earn 75 to 150 CAD for every student they refer who registers in a Certificate Program at the institute.
- Some of the notable alumni members are:
- Stephanie Mejia- Professional Flight Attendant;
- Kelsie Meaden;
- Frank Vo- Guest Services Agent/Front Desk Agent;
- They recommend students with career planning in the Tourism industry to study at the Canadian Tourism College.
Canadian Tourism College Placements
- Alumni students have access to job placement assistance and access to leads on tourism jobs through the official website or the Campus Directors.
- Students are notified about relevant employment opportunities (part-time or full-time) via campus notice boards.
- Students who satisfy the work experience requirements are provided with placements (in Canada) within the industry to enhance their skills.
- Students are also provided with Work Experience Training Plans.
- Work Experience Placement programs include Practicum (unpaid) and Co-op (paid) placements.
FIND A PROGRAM
I have always wanted to travel the world and the Canadian tourism college has given me the perfect opportunity to do so. I got to know about the college from a newspaper advertisement and then did a lot of research before getting admission into the college. GPA of 9 helped me get into this program. An application fee of $500 was also paid by me as I applied online.
The program designed by the college has helped me become more confident. The curriculum is designed to assess students on various aspects rather than just the academic field. The student assessment depends on the presentation skills, ability to do the classwork, and homework with efficiency, managerial qualities, the ability to grasp knowledge and information. It is a very convenient curriculum.
Being a humanities student, I decided to pursue my career in the field of hospitality management. After securing a GPA of 7, I had applied at this university through an online application form. The college was among the top universities of Canada and was accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. My application fee was around $300, which I had paid at the time of my registration procedure.
My program provided me with skills and knowledge in all of the keys areas of hospitality like human resources, accounting, marketing, food and beverage, and front office. The major areas of study in my field were Food Operation Management, Hospitality Law, Career Development, Hospitality Supervision, Hospitality Security Loss, and Prevention. I had to manage my time between working on assignments, reports or presentations, reading, listening to class lectures, and field trips.