Herzing College (Montreal): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Herzing College (Montreal) is well known for its high quality, a professional curriculum for market-driven courses, since 1965. International students are welcomed as a part of the Herzing family by helping students step by step in the journey.
It is one of the colleges in Canada offering the students the best education. As Canada is a country with two official languages English and French, Herzing’s most programs and courses are in these two languages.
Herzing College Rankings
Given below are the rankings of the college according to the various educational portals for the year 2020
- US NEWS
- Regional universities Midwest: #117-153
- Top performers on Social mobility: #129
- Webometrics Ranking Of World Universities
- World Rank: #11543
- Continental Rank: #2905
- Country Rank: #191
Herzing College Campus
- In order to ensure that the Herzing program includes the necessary skills and expertise for the students to excel. At the campus level the students can also work directly with the regional and local employers.
- Students will find a range of activities to get involved at Herzing College and a large group of supporters to cheer you along as you prepare for your new career.
- Herzing is hosting various events throughout the year, from music to comedy, fashion, film, arts, and sports. Festival highlights include the International Jazz Festival, the Franco-Folies Festival and the Just For Laugh Comedy Festival.
Herzing College Residence
- Herzing college does not provide any on-campus housing facilities.
- A student can reside in a wide range of options available near the college campus fitting to the needs of the students.
- The staff also helps the students to search for their accommodation.
Herzing College Programs
- Herzing College is a brilliant opportunity for all students who want to pursue professionalism in their fields as it offers various programs.
- It is for those who cannot find the time to be physically present in classes.
- Online courses that are offered at the university are flexible and convenient since one gets the benefit of classroom teaching and erudition without being present in the classrooms.
- The college also offers certificates on the completion of the successful completion of the program.
- Personalized attention is also given to the students, with all the support in housing, educational funds, insurance, employment services, etc. that a regular student may avail.
- Some of the programs offered at the college include Business Administration, International commerce import/ export, 3D Animation, Interior design, Sustainable Architecture and many more.
Herzing College Application Process
Taking admission to Herzing College is an easy process. Given below are the details regarding the admissions to the college.
Admission Portal: Students can apply through the Herzing website or directly visiting the campus.
Admission Fees: 275 CAD
- Students must have all the documents in the proof that he/she is graduate from high school to attend Herzing College and at the beginning of the program students must be at least 18 years old.
- Admissions Advisors are instructed to provide students with important program content information, schedules, job opportunities and student support services.
- Students who wish to apply for the French language program shall have the given minimum certification:
- DEP program:-B1 level
- AEC program-B2 level
- Students will be expected to pass a general admissions examination as well as the course-specific entrance test.
- The applicant must take the TOEFL/IELTS score on the Herzing college entrance assessment. The minimum score required for English language test is as follows:
|English proficiency tests||Minimum Eligibility|
- Birth certificate photocopy and official translation into English or French.
- Copy of the latest high school and post-secondary education diploma and transcript.
- Passport copy (page containing your profile and birth date).
- A letter containing the program of interest, date to start the course, e-mail address, and postal address.
- Should have applied for the Canadian student visa.
Herzing College Cost Of Attendance
The following is the cost of attendance for international students.
|Tuition||5,000 - 8,000|
|Housing||3,600 - 6,200|
|Food||3,600 - 4,800|
|Transportation||600 - 1,200|
|Health insurance||500 - 1,000|
|Other expenses||2,400 - 3,000|
Herzing College Scholarships and Financial Aid
Loans and Scholarships Program is made for granting loans to the students that they have to pay back after they have completed their studies. The courses offered at Herzing College offer eligible students a chance to qualify for student loans, and some programs also offer bursaries.
Herzing offers a wide variety of scholarships that are available to students who are qualified. Scholarships and grants could also be made accessible through the federal and provincial govt.
- William R Rootham Scholarships:
- Annually, a total of 25926 CAD is granted to the enrolling students whom college chooses.
- The amount is awarded in technical courses, such as networking or programming.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of 3 different criteria- Aptitude, need-based, and field interest.
- The assistance would generally be given pro-rata for 1,000 CAD for the course of the course.
- Alumni Referral Scholarships: Scholarship of 1296CAD will be provided to the student who scores 28 or above marks in Herzing admission alternative test.
- High School Graduate Scholarships: High school graduates will receive a scholarship of 77 CAD per month and students must fill and submit the application during the selected program with a high school’s official recommendation.
Also, some other scholarships are available in Canada which an international student can avail of.
Herzing College Work While You Study
- Herzing College’s Flex-Ed program provides students with opportunities to adjust their schedules to better satisfy their needs.
- Flex-Ed choices can differ by campus and programs.
- No longer waiting several months to know the start date of the program. Flex-Ed helps students to begin schooling, graduate, and find a career.
- They can schedule their class in the morning, afternoon, and in the evening also.
- Flex-Ed helps to manage student class hours in the manner that best satisfies and fits their schedule. Students can even change their schedules whenever they want.
Herzing College Alumni Benefits
Quality Assurance Grantee
Students can choose whether they want to retake any course which they don’t want to pursue more at no additional tuition fees.
Alumni Tuition Benefits
Graduates who finish at least one academic year full-time college course lasting 8-9 months are qualified can get:
- Students get a tuition fee of one course, not including laboratory fees and textbook prices.
- Students get a reduction in tuition fees by 10 percent in additional courses at Herzing College.
Herzing College Placements
- The college has always helped and will help thousands of young people and will continue to train for exciting careers in business, technology, design, and healthcare.
- Herzing College has found that students who take an active interest in their job hunt and collaborate with the Department of Career Development are extremely likely to find career-related jobs.
I chose this to gain some practical skills in technology which can be implemented in the real world that I did not learn in my B.tech degree. Apart from that I also liked the placement statistics of the college. I applied to it online and the application cost around $275.
Course Curriculum :
My training program was focused on teaching the skills required to be a web designer or graphic designer. concepts related to microcomputer and network system technology and analysis of data and programs at the professional level.
I came across this college while looking for options to pursue my higher studies in business. Looking at the statistics of this college in terms of placement and the average salary I had decided that this was the place I wanted to study in. The college demands a non-refundable application fee of $220 along with certain other requirements. To apply for the program I chose you must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least one-year post-secondary education. I was also asked to pass a general admissions test and some others were asked to meet certain other requirements as well. Also, the application process was done through the online portal.
Course Curriculum :
The course is completely focused on business principles, practices, and operations. It has 4 main areas that include finance, customer service, sales, and marketing. The curriculum includes business-oriented subjects like accounting, e-business, retailing, marketing, business law and ethics, and an 8-week long internship.
I want to work in the bookkeeping career and while researching for the best international colleges offering a similar program, I went with Herzing College. I applied online and submitted my transcripts online too. I paid an application fee of $270. I also had to sit for a general admissions admission test.
Course Curriculum :
My program involved learning about how to research information, handling cash, processing sourcing documents, accounting system, income tax returns, payroll and more. I also got to learn French and the proper way to do business communication. At the end of the program, I got the chance to do an internship.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary