Herzing College (Ottawa): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1965, Herzing college is located in Ottawa, Canada. It has been well-known for delivering high quality, trustworthy education suitable for a market driven economy. Most courses at Herzing are bilingual courses- available both in English and French.
The university offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the field of Business, Digital Marketing, Business, Legal Studies, Healthcare, Technology, and Media. It also offers career assistance in finding internships and relevant opportunities through their ‘Hire a Herzing Graduate’ and ‘Internship Expense Assistance Program.
Herzing's expert faculty members take pride in providing distinguished education through their 18:1 average student to professor ratio in the classrooms. All these factors along with the program variety makes it a popular and diverse place to study in Canada.
|Type of University||Public University|
|Standardized test requirement||TOEFL/IELTS|
|Student to faculty ratio||18:1|
|Payment Mode||Visa/ Mastercard|
- The Ottawa campus of Herzing College is located on the east end of Ottawa. The place is a major urban center that is well equipped with all the necessary facilities for international students to pursue their higher education.
- The city of Ottawa welcomes students to many amenities like outdoor activities, natural wonders, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, as well as attractive places that boost its natural beauty.
- The campus is equipped with all the necessary amenities ranging from healthcare, appropriate public transportation, and much more.
- Besides, the campus is also equipped with other facilities like a resource library, laboratories, well-equipped classrooms, and student lounge that meets the needs of the students providing complete learning support.
- The campus is best accessible by bike. The city is home to over 180 km of recreational pathways, residential areas, and more.
- The city boasts of a well-developed public transport network. It is a walkable downtown region that allows students to commute to the college.
- Herzing College doesn’t offer on-campus housing facilities.
- However, the students are provided complete assistance and information on how you can find appropriate living accommodations while studying in Canada.
- There is a range of living accommodations students can find nearby to the college campus.
- Students can go on to contact the college office to get assistance in finding a better living residence.
- Herzing College offers programs in undergraduate and graduate courses in a myriad of fields.
- The courses covered by the college include Business, Legal Studies, Healthcare, Technology, and Media.
- Popular programs at Herzing College include Accounting and Payroll Administration, Business Administration, Paralegal, Community Services Worker, Medical Office Administrator, Personal Support Worker, Pharmacy Assistant, Computer Network Technology, Web Development, and Digital Marketing Specialization.
- Besides, the college also offers online programs along with on-campus courses under their unique Flex-Ed learning model providing varied learning options.
All international candidates must satisfy the below-mentioned details to be eligible for admission at Herzing College:
- Due to limited seats, admissions at Herzing College are granted on a first come first served basis.
- Application Portal: Applicants must fill the online application through the university’s website.
- Application Fees: 500 CAD
- Application Deadline: Rolling basis
- Admission Requirements:
- Candidates must consult an Admissions Advisor for them to evaluate their aptitude before they proceed with the application process.
- Complete the application form and respond by email.
- Qualifying applicants must hold a high school graduate with a minimum aggregate from a recognized university.
- Provide all relevant high school transcripts/ secondary educational documentation translated in the English language from a certified translator to assess for Canadian equivalency.
- Copy of Passport
- English proficiency scores are required for gaining admission for courses offered by Herzing College.
- The below table is divided into English proficiency scores for undergraduate and graduate programs
- A minimum of 6.0 in IELTS is necessary for all international applicants
Cost of Attendance
Cost of Attendance
- Annual cost of living in Canada as stated by Herzing College is given below:
|Expenses||Cost in CAD|
|Housing||3,600 - 6,200|
|Food||3,600 - 4,800|
|Transportation||600 - 1,200|
|Other Expenses||2,400 - 3,000|
- Herzing College offers financial aids in the form of scholarships, bursaries, and grants to international students who require funding to study in Canada.
- The eligible candidates must apply in addition to including a recommendation from the high school official.
- Some of the scholarships are:
- William R Rootham Scholarship
- Students enrolling for technology programs such as programming or networking will be awarded a scholarship award up to 20,000.
- The scholarship will be awarded based on three criteria: Aptitude, Need-based, and interest in the field.
- The scholarship is awarded on a first come first serve basis. A minimum of 2/1,000 will be awarded per campus.
- Candidates must have a minimum score of 250020 on the Herzing Alternative Admission Test.
- High School Faculty Scholarship Award
- Herzing College offers three scholarships annually to a maximum of three students meeting the necessary criteria.
- The minimum eligibility is 1000 CAD for 9 months or longer, or for courses under 9 months who will receive award money of 500 CAD.
- High School Graduate Scholarship Program
- Eligible candidates who have graduated from high school are awarded a minimum scholarship of 60 CAD per month based on the duration of the program.
- Herzing College offers a wide connection of alumni from across different countries of the globe.
- Alumni are offered varied alumni benefits like:
- One Herzing Course free of tuition.
- 10% reduction in tuition through remission or institutional grants.