Trillium College (Burlington): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Trillium College, Canada is a private institution with its branches in Oshawa, St. Catharine’s, Kingston and Sudbury. Being located in Canada which is the most preferred destination among students studying abroad has its own benefits. It offers a wide range of career-oriented programs to study in Canada in fields like Healthcare, Social Sciences, Business and Technology. The average classroom size in the college is around 10-15 students so each and every student gets personal attention from the instructor.
The college offers some exceptional programs such as video game designing and spa therapy which attracts a major chunk of students. Moreover, these are some of the short duration courses in Canada of less than 2 years and guarantee placement with the ease of taking classes in preferred slots. A student has to attend college for only 20 hours/ week with the choice of taking classes in morning or afternoon. For admission to Trillium College, it is necessary for students to appear for an entrance test.
Trillium College is accredited by the Ministry of training, Colleges and Universities. The college is known for its one year diploma programs, Business Management and Healthcare programs. The College’s diploma and certificate programs are approved by the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
|Number of Campuses||4|
|Campus location||St. Catharine’s, Oshawa, Sudbury and Kingston|
|Financial Aid||Loans, grants, scholarships etc.|
|Applicable Test Scores||CAEL, TOEFL, IELTS|
|Programs||Diploma and graduate|
|Number of Programs||12|
|Mode of Payment||Checks, Money Order, Visa Mastercard, Debit Cards, Monthly Payment Plans|
Campus and Accommodation
- Trillium College has four campuses located in St. Catharine’s, Oshawa, Sudbury, and Kingston.
- Each campus offers all programs that are offered by Trillium College.
- All campuses are equipped with modern technology and state of art equipment to meet the needs of students and industry.
Housing Facilities/ Residence
There are no on campus residence facilities for the students.
- The Trillium College offers various courses for international students in four fields that are Healthcare, Social Sciences, Business and Technology.
- As the education is career focused, the college has only one year diploma programs and graduate programs. No undergraduate programs are provided by the college.
- The Massage Therapy diploma program and Esthetics and Spa Operations diploma program are some popular courses that the college offers.
- Another attractive discipline in which the college offers programs is video game design which is usually hard to find in other colleges. The program focuses on developing skills in environment modeling, Unity 3D, story boarding etc.
- Business management diploma program is designed to build a successful career in business. The course focuses on bookkeeping and financial accounting, marketing, management, business law etc.
- The college has only three graduate programs namely Human Resource Management, Digital Marketing Specialist and Payroll Specialist.
- The programs are meant to develop skills required by employers and so the admission team of the college helps the students to find a well paying job after they graduate.
Trillium College Application Process
How to apply?
Application process for Trillium College is different for domestic and international students and it also differs from the application procedure of other colleges and universities. Career coaches are available for information regarding the diploma courses. The college accepts applications all round the year, however international applicants are recommended to complete the applications well ahead of time.
Basic Admission Requirements:
- The students need to contact the college via phone and email. After all necessary formalities, the applicant is provided a reference number. Documents without the reference number are not accepted by the college.
- The international applicants have to take the Trillium College Entrance Test from their home country in the presence of a trusted individual and follow the rules and regulations of the Wonderlic test.
- Submit translated secondary education evaluated transcripts.
- Photocopy of valid passport
- Obtain a Canaadin Student Visa (required for any course longer than 6 months)
- Proof of health insurance (mandatory for international students)
- Test score requirements for students with English as second language:
Scholarships/ Financial aid
- The Student Finance Department of Trillium College answers all queries regarding the financial aid available for the students.
- There are a total of 8 financial aid programs available as scholarships in Canada for international students.
- There are five financial aid programs available for students- Ontario Student Assistance Program, Out of Province Student Loans, LifeLong Learning Plan, Registered Education Savings Plan, and Aboriginal/First Nations.
- Post Secondary Student Support Program is available to Indian students to access education opportunities at post secondary level. Maximum amount under this program is 53,000 CAD per year which may extend to 93,000 CAD per year if the student is in an advanced or professional degree program or a masters or doctoral program.
- Lifelong Learning Plan is applicable to those who have a spouse residing in Canada. The spouse is allowed to withdraw money from their retirement savings plan and use it for your education. The maximum amount that can be withdrawn is 10,000 CAD per year which may go up to 20,000 CAD.
With the help of the Employment Services, 85% of the students find work in their field after they graduate. The Employment Services wing of the College is dedicated towards this goal. With diverse programs to choose from, Trillium College offers short term programs which are taught by qualified instructors to focus on specific skills giving you an advantage over the others. The College also ensures that students of all diploma programs that require placement are offered one.
FIND A PROGRAM
Figured now was the right time for me to begin furthering my life as well as my education so that I could become a better person as well as a human being and also so I could possibly receive a pay increase at work.
Course Curriculum :
I think it is wonderful and it is very well thought out so that the students may get the most out of their experience at the same time as getting the best education possible to get and become very knowledgeable on the subject.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary