Richard Ivey School of Business: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Richard Ivey School of Business, known as Ivey, is the University of Western Ontario's business school established in 1922. Ivey Business School is located in London, Ontario, Canada. Within London, the school also offers programs at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre. It also has branches outside London at Toronto and Hong Kong. It is the first international business school to inaugurate a permanent campus in Hong Kong. For six years consecutively, Bloomberg Businessweek has ranked Ivey as the No. 1 MBA program in Canada. In 2019, the Economist ranked the MBA Program No. 1 in Canada for Education Experience and 8th globally.
Ivey Business School offers degrees including HBA, MSc, MBA, Ph.D., Executive MBA. The number of students studying at Ivey is over 1,600. Ivey has produced more than 25,000 alumni and 15,000 Executive Education alumni in 106 countries. The School is the world’s largest producer of Asian and Indian business cases. Ivey is home to one of the top Canadian publications of business and management, the Ivey Business Journal. The School offers above 90% placement rate for all its programs and is a leader among business schools in Canada.
Richard Ivey School of Business Ranking
- According to THE, World University Rankings 2021 ranked 46th in Masters In Management.
- In 2020, Financial Times ranked the MBA program no. 1 in Canada and 87th globally. The Executive Education program ranked no. 1 in Canada.
|Type of University||Public|
|No. of Campuses||4|
|Mode of Program||Full-time|
|Number of Students||1,600+|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, awards, grants|
Richard Ivey School of Business Campus
- The campus of Richard Ivey School of Business is located within the Western University’s campus in London, Ontario.
- The Ivey School is midway between Toronto and Detroit, Michigan.
- The campus of Ivey is located in four different regions:
- Richard Ivey Building: Located on the Western University campus, It is a state-of-the-art facility located on the Western University campus. This building offers HBA, MBA, MSc and PhD programs.
- Spencer Leadership Centre in London, Ontario: This campus is at a short distance from Western’s campus and is home to the Ivey Academy. It covers an area of 30 acres and offers Ivey Academy and EMBA programs.
- Donald K. Johnson Centre: This centre is located in the Exchange Tower in Toronto's financial district. It is a state-of-the-art executive teaching facility offering executive education and EMBA programs.
- Hong Kong Campus: This campus is home to the Cheng Yu Tung Management Institute in the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. It only offers executive education programs.
- The Richard Ivey Building is a 270,000 square foot facility which has achieved the Gold Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design(LEED) certification.
- There are various clubs at the school such as HBA Social Impact Club, Ivey Connects, MSc Sustainability Club, MBA Social Impact and Sustainability Club, etc.
Richard Ivey School of Business Residence
- There are 2 main accommodation options for students in London - living in student residence offered by the school or living off campus.
- Accommodations on campus are mainly occupied for first-year students between the age of 17 to 18 years.
- Some accommodation options are available for graduate students as well.
- There are 7 first-year buildings each having common facilities like in-building dining hall, 24-hour front desk, workout room, laundry facility, music practice room, study lounge, Wi-Fi access throughout the building and regular housekeeping service.
- Upper-year buildings include Alumni House and London Hall. Students living in these accommodations enjoy benefits of regular housekeeping, prompt repair services, close to classes, quiet study environment and leadership opportunities.
- For living off-campus students can access resources available on Western Off-campus housing website, The Marq London, The Gazette, etc.
Richard Ivey School of Business Courses
- Richard Ivey School of Business offers undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and executive education programs in Business, Management, Entrepreneurship and Finance.
- Programs offered by the Richard Ivey School of Business include:
- Full-time Honors Business Administration (HBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Management (MSc)
- PhD in Business Administration
- Executive MBA program
- Pre-HBA Undergraduate Courses
- Collaborative program
- Ivey HBA is the only undergraduate degree program offered by the school and opens the door to explore diverse career paths.
- MBA Direct for HBAs is a 8-month MBA program designed for recent HBA graduates. The program starts in July every year and does not require any prior experience or GMAT scores.
- Ivey Business School is renowned for its case-method of learning. The School produces important business cases in the world alongside Harvard.
Richard Ivey School of Business Application Process
Most programs offered by the Richard Ivey School of Business have several rounds of intake on a rolling basis. International applicants must not wait until the last rounds to apply as the process to apply for a study permit may take long. Applications are reviewed only once all materials have been received.
How to Apply?
Applicants seeking admission to Richard Ivey School of Business must take note of the following details:
Application Portal: Online Portal
Application Fee: 150 CAD for MBA, 100 CAD for MSc
Admission Requirements: The following documents must be submitted along with the application for admission:
- Unofficial transcripts from all post-secondary institutions.
- GMAT/ GRE score
- GMAT score is waived for students who have passed all 3 Levels of the CFA designation.
- Resume displaying a minimum of two years, full-time work experience
- English language proficiency test scores
- Two to three completed reference forms
- Online application, including completion of two, required written essay questions and two required video questions.
English Language Requirements
The following minimum English language proficiency test score requirements must be fulfilled for admission:
Richard Ivey School of Business Cost of Attendance
- International students must prepare a budget before applying to any institution especially to estimate the cost of living in Canada as it is a variable factor.
- The cost of studying at Richard Ivey School of Business is given in the table below:
|Expense||Amount (in CAD)|
|Western Student Organization Fee||1,134|
|Western Student Ancillary Fee||524|
|Ivey Course Material Fee (case books)||2,749|
|Health Insurance (mandatory)||636|
- An estimate of monthly living expenses for students is given in the table below:
|Living Expenses||Monthly Expenses (in CAD)|
|Renting a room in a student house||650|
*These rates vary depending on the location and amenities available.
Richard Ivey School of Business Scholarships/Financial Aid
- Richard Ivey School of Business offers a number of merit-based scholarships, student loans and need-based awards.
- International candidates applying for the HBA program of the best quality are automatically reviewed for admission awards ranging from 1,000 CAD to 10,000 CAD.
- Similarly, international applicants for the MBA program are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships ranging from 10,000 CAD to half-tuition fee.
- Student Loan Options: All international students are expected to investigate all sources of funding, including government and private loans. International students who do not have permanent residency status but have a strong Canadian cosigner may consider a loan with a Canadian bank.
- There are many additional sources of funding such as scholarships for international students studying in Canada. Some of these resources are:
- Government of Canada – International Student Scholarships
- Indian Association for Canadian Studies
- Scholarships 4 Students from Developing Countries
- List of Canadian Embassies
Richard Ivey School of Business Alumni Network
- By connecting alumni with each other and the school, Ivey encourages and promotes continuous professional and personal enrichment through the alumni network.
- There are various events organized for alumni members such as Global Ivey Day, Ivey Chapters, etc.
- Members of the alumni association are entitled to the following benefits:
- 25% discount on specific programs
- Monthly e-newsletter subscription
- Career services
- Invitation to all events for the alumni
- Some notable alumni of the school are:
- Thomas H. Bailey, founder Janus Capital
- Nick Bontis, Canadian academic
- Michael Kitchen, CEO, Wealthsimple
- Gar Knutson, Member of Parliament
- Ray Muzyka, CEO of BioWare
Richard Ivey School of Business Placements
According to the employment reports, graduates of various programs had the following career outcomes:
MBA graduates of the class of 2019:91% of those seeking jobs received an offer by September 1, 2019 with an average salary of 115,146 CAD.
HBA graduates of the class of 2019:
96% of those seeking received an offer by September 30, 2019 with an average salary of 73,152 CAD. 32% of students accepted a full time offer from their previous summer employer.
MSc Business graduates of the class of 2019:
96% of those seeking received an offer by September 1, 2019 with an average salary of 73,988 CAD.
MSc International Business graduates of the class of 2019:
93% of those seeking received an offer by September 1, 2019 with an average salary of 67,202 CAD.
The above data demonstrates the worth of Ivey graduates among employers. Career Management provides access to a number of jobs in Canada for students. Employers see recruiting at Ivey as a source of top talent for the business world.
|Richard Ivey School of Business||Rotman School of Management||Schulich School of Business||Desautels Faculty of Management||Sauder School of Business|
|ranking (overall)||# 97 Financial Times 2021 |
# 87 Financial Times 2020
# 94 Financial Times 2019
|# 75 Financial Times 2021 |
# 94 Financial Times 2020
# 85 Financial Times 2019
|-||# 91 Financial Times 2021 |
# 91 Financial Times 2020
# 87 Financial Times 2019
|# 96 Financial Times 2016 |
|programs||PG Programs -3|
Doctorate Programs -1
|PG Programs -6||UG Programs -2|
PG Programs -9
Doctorate Programs -1
|UG Programs -3|
PG Programs -7
|UG Programs -6|
PG Programs -6
|cost to study||Average Tuition Fees ARS 88125|
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - ARS 12262 Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees ARS 92387|
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - ARS 6000 Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees ARS 26761|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees ARS 63331
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - ARS 4500 Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees ARS 41475|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees ARS 33375
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - ARS 10350 Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees ARS 40452|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees ARS 38079
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - ARS 29700 Per Year
|placement (average package)|
|collegedunia reviews||10.0/10 Read 1 reviews||8.9/10 Read 7 reviews||8.5/10 Read 7 reviews||9.7/10 Read 1 reviews||8.1/10 Read 7 reviews|
|-||Read Full Comparison||Read Full Comparison||Read Full Comparison||Read Full Comparison|
Round 1 Deadlines
Round 2 Deadlines
Round 3 Deadlines
Ivey is among the top business schools in the world. I have been studying case studies published by them. And Ivey was always on my list of MBA schools. Obviously, Harvard was my first approach for MBA college but I wasn't able to make it through. But I was quite happy when I got selected here in Ivey. I applied by filling up the application form through an online portal and paying an application fee of $150. Along with the application form, I submitted my resume, official transcripts, test scores, reference forms, and essays.
Course Curriculum :
As our business school is very well known for its case-method of learning. And it has been one of the most important producers of business cases in the world. So this is one of the reasons for the success of our alumni. And I myself have experienced that how much difference a normal theoretical class and a case study session creates. Case studies help us to solve real-time problems with the course curriculum. Here I am not only getting expertise in business fundamentals but also developing leadership capabilities and learning to turn concepts into decisions and knowledge into actions.
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary