Telfer School of Management is located in Ottawa, Ontario. It is a part of the University of Ottawa. The campus is located at the centre of the city. The institute offers undergraduate courses, 1st-year courses and doctoral courses in business, management and health sciences. It offers courses in English and French languages.
Why Should You Choose Telfer School of Management?
- Executive MBA Program ranked no. 1 globally by CEO Magazine (London, U.K) for two consecutive years.
- MBA program ranked 2nd in Canadian Business Value Ranking (2016).
- MBA ranked 31st among top 40 MBA in Corporate Knights 2016 Better World MBA ranking.
- Features in the list of Princeton’s Review 2018 Best 267 Business Schools.
- Offers courses in – Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Business Analytics and Performance and Health Systems Management.
- Offers International Exchange Program.
- “Polycycle” by Telfer student club "Enactus uOttawa" won Community Legacy Award, for social entrepreneurs.
- Six alumni in the 2018 list of OBJ’s “Forty Under 40” for business achievements.
- Offers special executive programs in the fields of business and management.
- Offers professional development programs.
- Special executive learning centre – Telfer Centre for Executive Leadership (CEL).
- Accredited by three international organizations.
- Take part in competitions like – Telfer Capstones, Telfer School of Management Case Competitions.
- Membership opportunity in global honour society Beta Gamma Sigma – highest recognition for a business school student.
- Undergraduate students with CGPA of 7.0 or above- participate in research projects with a professor.
|Type of Institute||Public|
|Total number of students||4500|
|Percentage of International Students||20%|
|Tuition Fee (Undergraduate) for Canadian Students||CAD 4071.75 – CAD 4190.33|
|Tuition Fee (Postgraduate) for Canadian Students||CAD 2729.68 – CAD 9571.24|
|Tuition Fee (Undergraduate) for Foreign Students||CAD 14364.33 – CAD 19295.43|
|Tuition Fee (Postgraduate) for Foreign Students||CAD 6656.20 – CAD 17907.70|
|Tuition Fee (PhD) for All Students||CAD 2729.68|
|Test scores accepted||IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, GRE|
|Websites||www.telfer.uottawa.ca/ and www.uottawa.ca/|
Campus and Residential Facilities
- Located at north west of the main campus of University of Ottawa.
- Undergraduate, Postgraduate and PhD Courses are offered in various fields of business, management and health science.
- Faculty Location: Desmarais Building.
- State of the art facilities is available – Management Library and Financial Research and Learning Lab.
- Telfer Centre for Executive Leadership (CEL)- Professional Development courses and Executive MBA.
- Residential facility- provided by University of Ottawa.
- Both On-Campus and Off-Campus housing is arranged.
- Options for 1st year students
- Traditional Residences - LeBlanc, Marchand, Stanton and Thompson
- Traditional Plus - Rideau and Henderson
- Suites - 90 University and Friel
- Studios - Friel
- Apartment-style residence - Hyman Soloway
- Options for 2nd year onwards –
- Apartment-style residences - Annex, 45 Mann, and Hyman Soloway
- Large single-occupancy room with bathroom - Rideau
- Studio or suite - Friel
- Amenities – Kitchen, Internet, Telephone, Laundry, House Keeping, Parking.
- Meal Plans –
- Either mandatory or optional plans are offered.
- Meal Plans mandatory for 1st years living in Stanton/Thompson/Marchand/Le Blanc/90 University.
- Mandatory Plans- 5 days or 7-day plan.
- Non-refundable, non-transferable and non-interchangeable.
- Access to dining hall- 24/7.
- “Dining $”- tax-free currency for students to purchase food from campus.
- Pay-as-you-go plan for 22 locations in the campus.
How to apply for residential facilities?
- Guaranteed housing facility for full-time first-year students who –
- Have not completed more than 5 university courses.
- Has been admitted before June 1st.
- To apply visit uozone2.uottawa.ca/?language=en
- They have to choose the residence preferences and then send an email to residence@uOttawa.ca.
- A deposit fee of CAD 700 will be required
- List of available residence in the Ottawa/Gatineau area can be checked at web5.uottawa.ca/rezweb/search.php
- Average monthly Rent –
- Ottawa – CAD 610 – CAD 2400
- Gatineau – CAD 455 – CAD 1480
- Fields- business, entrepreneurship, management and health sciences.
- Credentials offered- Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral degrees.
- Medium- English/ French languages or both.
- Executive MBA - a specialized course receiving global recognition.
- Offers professional development courses, graduate diploma and undergraduate certificate courses.
|Programs||Strategic Areas of Expertise|
- B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- MBA JD
- MBA LL(in French)
- EMBA (Executive MBA)
- MBCPL (Master of Business in Complex Project Leadership)
- MHA (Master of Health Administration)
- MSc HS (Master of Science in Health Systems)
- MSc MGT (Master of Science in Management)
- PhD in Management
- Undergraduate Certificates
- Graduate Degrees and Certificates
- Interdisciplinary courses
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Health Systems Management
- Business Analytics and Performance
All About Application Process
Pre-requisites for Undergraduate Courses
- Canadian students: Secondary school diploma or equivalent from a Canadian province.
- International students (India): Higher Secondary School Certificate.
- Language requirement for French or English Language Programs –
- Studied three years or a full-time course in a country where English/French (as applicable) is the official language. Or
- Qualify the language tests recognized by the University of Ottawa
English – TOEFL/IELTS/University of Ottawa CanTest/CAEL/PTE/CAE/EPT (MELAB)
For French- DALF/DELF/TEF/TCF/TESTCan
- EIP Passed students exempted from the language tests.
- For undergraduate certificate courses- minimum of two years of professional experience
Pre-requisites for Postgraduate courses and Doctoral Courses
- For Masters and Graduate Diplomas- Bachelor’s Degree; average of 70% or 75% (for some courses).
- For Doctoral Programs- Masters Degree; average of 75%.
- International students- submit Study Permits, Official transcripts, Letters of recommendation
- Doctoral program or a master’s program (research)- choose a thesis supervisor from the university.
- For some of the Masters courses like Executive MBA/MHA/MBCPL/M.Sc in Healthcare candidates should have –
- Required work experience (as applicable)
- An undergraduate degree with 70% average.
- A GMAT/GRE score (as applicable).
How, when and where to apply?
- Applications for the undergraduate courses- ‘Spring – Summer’ or ‘Fall’ session.
- Apply from Ontario Universities’ Application Centre.
- Two types of forms are available for Canadian Students –
- OUAC 101- for students presently attending a school in Ontario/graduated from a school in the province within the past seven months.
- OUAC 105D- for Canadian students from high schools outside Ontario
- For International Students- OUAC 105F form.
- Download forms from-
Postgraduate and Doctoral Programs
- Visit www.ouac.on.ca/apply/ottawagrad/en_CA/user/login
- Pay the application fee.
- Upload Official transcripts in PDF format via admission portal.
- Upload GMAT/GRE scores.
- Submit a soft copy of curriculum vitae and a letter of intent (500 words)
- Submit contact information of two referees (academic contact)
To be paid by cash or card. For undergraduate programs, fees are payable to the OUAC.
|B.Com||Canadian Students||International Students||CAD 100 – CAD 254|
|April 20 & June 1||April 1|
|MBA/MHA||May 15 (also American students)||February 1||CAD 100|
|MBCPL||July 31||July 31|
|MSc in HS/MSc Mgt||January 15||May 1|
|PhD||January 15||January 15|
Cost and Expenditure
|Courses||Domestic Students||Foreign Students|
|Undergraduate||CAD 4071.75 – CAD 4190.33||CAD 14364.33 – CAD 19295.43|
|Postgraduate||CAD 2729.68 – CAD 9571.24||CAD 6656.20 – CAD 17907.70|
|PhD||CAD 2729.68||CAD 2729.68|
|Incidental Fees (full-time)||CAD 385.92 – CAD 1036.43|
|Incidental Fees (part-time)||CAD 185.90 – CAD 187.82|
|U Pass||CAD 53.66 – CAD 104.64|
|Health Insurance||CAD 234.70|
|Students Council||CAD 17.50|
Housing and Meal Charges
|Single Room||CAD 7633|
|Double Room||CAD 6401|
|Traditional Plus||CAD 7905 – CAD 9665|
|Suites and Studios||CAD 6896 – CAD 9689|
|Apartments||CAD 11068 – CAD 18677|
|Mandatory Meal Charge||CAD 4480|
Scholarships and Financial Aids
- Scholarships awarded based on academic performance and social achievements.
- Applications for scholarships through uoZone using “Online Scholarships and Bursaries”- scholarships.uottawa.ca/.
Some of the mentionable Scholarships
- Value – CAD 30,000 (CAD 7500 per year)
- One scholarship offered to International students.
- Six scholarships for Canadian students.
- Applicable for full-time students of the institute
- Value – CAD 26,000 (CAD 6500 per year)
- Six scholarships for domestic candidates and one for international.
The Ian Telfer Scholarship for MBA and MHA students (OSOTF)
- Value – CAD 2000
- For Canadian Candidates needing financial help.
Telfer School of Management Dean’s Leadership Scholarship
- Value – CAD 2000
- Applicable for meritorious students, enrolled full time in B.Com program.
- Application for this scholarship is not necessary.
Telfer School of Management Admission Scholarship
- Value – CAD 2500 – CAD 12000
- Applicable for MBA program students with 80%+ average during admission/excellent GMAT score.
Other financial aids
Government assisted loans (International Students in an eligible citizen category will be considered) and Work – Study Programs.
- Offered by the University of Ottawa.
- 10-12 hours work per week for jobs on campus.
- Earn CAD 4000-CAD 5000.
- Application submission: March 12 – June 14, August 13 – October 4, December 1 - January 31.
- Apply through the uoZone.
The Telfer School of Management and University of Ottawa’s Alumni Association offers the following benefits for the members –
- Offers job listing and career opportunities for graduates from the institute.
- Provides career development certificate.
- Arranges workshops, networking events, internship programs, mentorship and development programs etc.
- Home, travel and auto insurance coverage from Johnson Insurance.
- Financial support from MBNA.
- Discounted rates on Canada Life’s insurances.
- Mortgage renewal with Desjardins.