Master of Engineering [M.Eng] (Mechanical and Materials Engineering)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
- The Master of Engineering [M.Eng] in Mechanical and Materials Engineering at Queen’s University is a 1-year Course-based program of 3 terms.
- This Program is Coursework and Internship oriented.
- These Ranks are given to the program by Maclean’s in 2020:
- Under the Top 15 Engineering Program Universities in Canada.
- In terms of Program Reputation, this Program ranks 7th among Canadian Universities.
- In terms of Research Reputation, this Program ranks 9th among Canadian Universities.
- The M.Eng. program follows the same four subject tracks as the research programs, Biomechanical Engineering, Energy and Fluid Systems, Design and Manufacturing, and Materials Engineering.
- The Graduation rate for this program is 78.8%, Which shows that the Majority of the Students get graduated.
- The Employment rate after
- 2 years after graduation is 94%.
- The Acceptance Rate is 20% which increases the chances of students getting enrolled.
- The Student to Teacher ratio is 20:1, which bridges the gap between Students and Teachers.
- The Female to male ratio is 5:5 which gives equal chances for both the genders to compete.
- In some cases, students might complete the program in 2 terms by taking 4 courses each semester. If a student is not able to complete their 8 courses during the 3 term period, they may be granted permission to continue with an additional term to complete the program this is an advantage for the students.
- It is also possible to combine one of the tracks (usually Energy and Fluid Systems) with the Master’s program in Applied Sustainability (MAS).
- The average salary of the graduate after getting placed is 57,525 USD for freshers.
- The careers after graduation are:
- Acoustic consultant.
- Clinical technologist.
- Corporate investment banker.., etc.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 16064 for 1 year|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Mar 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Should have an Honours Bachelor Degree.
- Second class standing or higher.
- International students must have a minimum "A" standing (First class).
- A Minimum of 65% in an undergraduate degree and a GPA of 1.1 on a 4.0 scale are required to enroll in the course.
English Language proficiency:
- Applicants from India, China, Vietnam, Philippines, and Pakistan should note that IELTS is the only proficiency score accepted by the Study Direct Stream (SDS) program.
- Meeting the minimum English requirements does not guarantee admission. Students with higher English proficiency scores will receive priority in the admission assessment process.
- Not all students will qualify for EAP-3106 in place of the required IELTS or TOEFL test scores.
Submission of GRE scores is not compulsory for this program, however, it is recommended to submit a minimum 300+ score for a better chance of admission.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the required….Read More
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- College Transcripts - The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
|fall||Mar 1, 2020|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Book and Supplies||$905|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room And Board||$ 8550|
QS World University 2020
Ranked #201 / 500
Mechanical Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Ontario Graduate Scholarship||$ 10847||Yes||N/A|
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Feb 19, 2021|
|Ontario Graduate Fellowship||$ 8459||Yes||N/A|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
|Program||Delivery Type||Duration||Program Type||Tution Fees|
|M.Eng Mechanical and Materials Engineering||full time||2 years||on-campus||$9099|
VISA & Work Study
- Student visa and Visitor Visa (Optional) are required to study in Canada.
- The Student visa is a document that the Canadian government issues that allow foreign nationals to study at institutions in Canada.
- A Student visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days lets the student prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend their stay.
- The cost of the Student visa is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Students need to apply for Work-study for the respective Term:
- Fall and Winter Term – September 14th (Deadline)
- Summer Term – May 31st (Deadline)
- Students are paid 10.5 USD Per Hour during the Work-Study Program.
- Students need to pay an Entitlement fee of 1,125 USD Per Term While Applying.
Career and Placement after Course
The careers after graduation are:
- Acoustic consultant.
- Clinical technologist.
- Corporate investment banker.
- Land-based engineer.
- Mining engineer.
- Patent attorney.