Master of Science [M.Sc] (Geological Engineering)
Field of Study
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Should have a Bachelors Degree in relevant while applying for admission.
- A Minimum of 65% in an undergraduate degree is required to enroll in the course.
- OR, Department requires a B+ average or equivalent for admission to this program.
English Language proficiency:
- Applicants from India, China, Vietnam, Philippines, and Pakistan should note that IELTS is the only proficiency score accepted by the Study Direct Stream (SDS) program.
- Meeting the minimum English requirements does not guarantee admission. Students with higher English proficiency scores will receive priority in the admission assessment process.
- Not all students will qualify for EAP-3106 in place of the required IELTS or TOEFL test scores.
Submission of GRE scores is not compulsory for this program, however, it is recommended to submit a minimum 300+ score for a better chance of admission.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem….Read More
- The Master of Science in Geological Engineering at Queen’s University is a 2-year program.
- These Ranks are given to the Program by Maclean’s in 2020:
- In terms of program reputation, this program ranks 9th among Canadian Universities.
- In terms of research reputation, this program ranks 7th among Canadian Universities.
- The graduation rate for this program is 78.8%, Which shows that the majority of the students get graduated.
- The Employment rate after
- 6 months after graduation is 93.3%.
- 2 years after graduation is 100%.
- The Acceptance Rate is 20% which increases the chances of students getting enrolled.
- The Student to Teacher ratio is 20:1, which bridges the gap between Students and Teachers.
- The Female to male ratio is 5:5 which gives equal chances for both the genders to compete.
- The Average internship salary of the student is 30,750 USD.
- The Master of Science is a coursework-based graduate program that provides a mixture of technical and professional skills to give students a distinct career advantage.
- The Department of Geological Sciences and Geological Engineering provides opportunities for advanced studies and research in the Earth Sciences. Faculty interests span disciplines in geology, geochemistry and geoengineering often in a multi-disciplinary fashion and including applications to economic and environmental problems.
- This degree can take a student's career in many directions. Many students choose to continue their academic inquiry with a Master’s. Students are equipped with a strong foundation for careers in:
- Geotechnical engineer
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Delivery Type||full time|
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- College Transcripts - The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #301 / 1001
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Ontario Graduate Scholarship||$10847||Yes||N/A|
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Feb 19, 2021|
|Ontario Graduate Fellowship||$8459||Yes||N/A|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$150||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- Student visa and Visitor Visa (Optional) are required to study in Canada.
- The Student visa is a document that the Canadian government issues that allow foreign nationals to study at institutions in Canada.
- A Student visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days lets the student prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend their stay.
- The cost of the Student visa is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Students need to apply for Work-study for the respective Term:
- Fall and Winter Term – September 14th (Deadline)
- Summer Term – May 31st (Deadline)
- Students are paid 10.5 USD Per Hour during the Work-Study Program.
- Students need to pay an Entitlement fee of 1,125 USD Per Term While Applying.
Career and Placement after Course
- Geotechnical engineer