Master of Arts [M.A] (Leadership)
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Applicants have a four year undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum GPA of B+ (3.33/4.33).
- Students have a minimum of five years of leadership experience.
- Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants, whose first language is not English.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in this program.
Applicants who meet the degree requirement, but not the GPA, or have been away from academic writing for more than 10 years, will normally be required to take the Academic Writing and Critical Thinking course offered through Continuing Studies at Royal Roads University, and obtain a minimum B+ (77%) prior to commencing the program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed a 4-year UG degree with first class in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Completed a master’s degree with first-class in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- The Royal Roads University offers an MA in Leadership with a duration of 2 years.
- This course is offered on a full-time basis.
- This program is provided both on-campus and off-campus.
- This 2-year of interdisciplinary study delivered through a blended model that combines online learning and two 2-week on-campus learning experiences.
- Through this program, students focus on relevant, real-world problem-solving projects grounded in a rigorous theoretical understanding of the nature of today’s organizations and the changing role of leadership within them.
- Also, explore communication and conflict, systems thinking, personal mastery, team facilitation and development, learning and innovation, organizational change, and action-oriented inquiry.
- The university library holds a wide collection of digital and printed resources required for learning, teaching, and research, including 48,000 books, 55,000 e-books, and over 100 online databases.
- This university is a vibrant community representing diversity with around 5,300 students from over 60 nations of the world.
- The student body includes more than 550 international students.
- The average class size of 25 and a student-faculty ratio of 12:1 allows for one-on-one attention.
- The average annual salary of the University graduates according to PayScale is 52,506 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||50094 for 2 yearsor 36 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||summer (Deadline - May 7)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Sept 13)|
Required Document List
Required Documents are:
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Certificates: Certificates like High School or University/College Certificates are to be submitted of education qualification.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and volunteer experience.
- Test Results: Provide proof of English proficiency, if English is not the first language in student country, as proof of IELTS/TOEFL result scores is to be submitted.
|summer||May 7, 2021|
|winter||Sep 13, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room And Board||$6750|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Mar 15, 2021|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
|GyanDhan Scholarship||$78443||Yes||Aug 31, 2021|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- A student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- The student must have a student visa to enroll in any degree, program, or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Student VISA.
- A student VISA is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Students have an eligible study permit holders, the opportunity to gain valuable Canadian work experience at their designated learning institution.
- Students are encouraged to check IRCC’s eligibility requirements to see if they qualify to work while studying.
- Students must stop working on-campus the day they no longer meet the listed eligibility requirements (e.g., if students are no longer a full-time student).
- Eligible study permit holders have the opportunity to gain valuable Canadian work experience off-campus while completing a degree, diploma, or certificate program.
- Some students may be eligible to work off-campus without a work permit. Please use IRCC’s self-assessment tool to see if qualify to:
- work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and
- work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break
- Students are encouraged to check IRCC’s eligibility requirements to see if they qualify to work off-campus while studying.
As an international student, they are responsible for maintaining their status in Canada and the conditions of their immigration documents.