Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program-specific requirements.
- Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher pre-requisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/Anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U)
- A minimum grade of 75% is required in the subject prerequisites and as an overall average.
English Language proficiency:
- Applicants from India, China, Vietnam, Philippines, and Pakistan should note that IELTS is the only proficiency score accepted by the Study Direct Stream (SDS) program.
- Meeting the minimum English requirements does not guarantee admission. Students with higher English proficiency scores will receive priority in the admission assessment process.
- Not all students will qualify for EAP-3106 in place of the required IELTS or TOEFL test scores.
The submission of a GMAT score is 550 and the GRE score is not compulsory for this program. The GRE score is necessary for the better a chance of admission.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem….Read More
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- OUAC Application Form: Students have to fill and submit the online application form.
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
- Two academic or professional references: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Statement of Intent: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Other bachelor's Degrees: Foundation courses will be required, exemptions are based on courses taken during an undergraduate degree.
- Two Letter of Recommendation: Reference letters are a key component of the application package depending on the program student are applying for research and/or professional abilities.
- Electronic Official transcripts: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended in PDF format.
- Statement of Interest: Students have to fill their interesting research work area in the application form.
- Interview: After the submission of your application, you will be contacted to complete an online video interview.
VISA & Work Study
- International students enrolled at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) for programs that are more than six months in length are required to obtain a Study Visa.
- If students are traveling outside Canada will need either an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) or a Valid Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to re-enter Canada.
- The Visa cost is 112 USD and valid for the length of the study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- At the time of VISA application, students need to provide various documents:
- Letter of Acceptance from the University
- Proof of Financial Support
- Medical Exam Certificate
- Biometric (fingerprints and photo)
- Valid Passport
Students with a valid Study Visa, enrolled full time are eligible to work on-campus and off-campus.
- Students can work up to 15hours/week for 14 weeks in fall, 15hours/week for 13 weeks in winter and 35hours/week for 14 weeks in summer.
- Students get a minimum of $14/hour to $17/hour and no overtime is allowed.
Off-Campus: Students may work up to 20 hours per week off-campus during a regular academic session.
Co-op work visa: The co-op work visa allows international students to work full-time during academic sessions and will be issued for the same length as the student Study Visa.
Full-time international students may work on or off-campus without a Work Visa if they meet all of the following conditions:
- Possess a valid study Visa
- Have already started to study in their program
- Have a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Have conditions on their study permit that confirms on and off-campus work eligibility
- Are enrolled in a program that is more than 6-months in duration and leads to a degree or diploma
Career and Placement after Course
Following are the job opportunities for this program are:
- Mechanical Engineers
- Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technicians
- Electro-mechanical Technicians
- Sales Engineers
- Computer and Information Research Scientists