Saint Paul University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1848, Saint Paul University is one of the oldest institutions situated in the capital city of Canada. The University is a renowned name in the list of top universities in Canada and has a rich history ever since it was established by Bishop Joseph-Eugene Guigues.
Federated with the University of Ottawa, It is a bilingual institution (French and English) that offers courses at undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Saint Paul University gives utmost importance to research and has exclusive research centers built like centers for research on innovation and social transformation along with research groups and chairs.
Some popular study areas provided by the institute due to catholic origin include Public Ethics, Philosophy, Theology, Conflict Studies, Religious Education, and Social Communication. It offers luxurious housing services and a great campus life with various student clubs and associations that provide valuable experience and fun. The bilingual medium of instruction makes the learning process flexible and easier for aspirants seeking to study in Canada.
Saint Paul University Rankings
The institute has been ranked by several agencies such as follows:
- Ranked #3rd in Canada and #3501 in the global ranking for the year 2020 by Unirank portal.
- Ranked #74 in the national ranking list by Webometrics for the year 2020.
- Ranked #981 in the North American Continent in the ranking by Webometrics, 2020.
|Type of institute||Public|
|Cost of Attendance||2,500 CAD|
|Admission intake||Fall and Summer|
|Financial aid||Scholarships and loans.|
Saint Paul University Programs
With a group of highly skilled and qualified faculty, Saint Paul University offers admissions to students through its 9 schools. These schools offer undergraduate, graduate, online courses, research, and doctoral studies and micro-courses to the candidates.
The four popular schools or departments are,
- Canon school of Law
- School of conflict studies
- School of social communication
- School of counseling, Psychotherapy, and spirituality.
The other schools like social innovation, theology, public ethics, and philosophy are also part of the institute. Some of the great subjects offered here are canon law, canonical practice, theological studies, conflict studies, social communication certification, contemporary social issues etc.
Distance learning and online mode of study is also an available option for international students. Some of the subjects that are most preferred by international students are,
- Human relations and spirituality
- Conflict studies
- Social communication and theology
There are some foundational courses that Saint Paul University offers too. These courses are interdisciplinary. Some of them are
- Approaches in humanity
- The first people in Canada
- Critical analysis, reading and writing academic works
- People, social justice, and ecology.
They use an excellent interactive learning management platform called bright space to help students learn via online mode. Additionally, the university offers a string of short programs called “Options”. The certificate of which is signed by the dean of the faculty is issued under completion.
Online courses are held via a learning management system named Bright Space.To know more about online and distance mode learning, students can contact the academic advisor of the University through the following email: Premier.CycleUndergrad@ustpaul.ca or Etudes.Sup-Grad.Studies@ustpaul.ca
Saint Paul University Campus
- Saint Paul University is located in Ottawa which is one of the best places to live and pursue higher education in Canada from.
- It has a collection of over 500,000 volumes, 1,000 current periodicals, and some 100,000 microforms equipped in its Jean-León-Allie Library and Archives which began its services in 1937.
- The university also has its own Counseling and Psychotherapy Centre which offers to counsel for individual couples or families. The fees are based on what a person can afford.
- Furthermore, there is a Centre for Safeguarding Minors and Vulnerable Persons which works to increase safety and reduce the trauma who have been impacted by sexual abuse in society.
- It has involved in Food and Conference Services which helps you plan and deliver an event.
- Various facilities have added up in its infrastructures like Auditorium, Parking, Conference rooms, Gym, and Wi-Fi.
Saint Paul University Accommodation/Residence
- Saint Paul University is home to students from over 25 states and 7 countries across the world.
- They provide accommodation to students from two other universities as well.
- The basic facilities offered are as follows:
- Fully-furnished suites with a bed, desk, dresser, and closet.
- Full access to kitchenette space with microwave, refrigerator and tables and chairs.
- Phone and internet connectivity are available from one’s own living room.
- The facility of a laundry room that has access to washers, dryers, and counter space.
- Added to this it has lounges for study purposes, movie lounge with smart TV connections, a fitness center, and a courtyard to relax.
- Events are hosted to connect and break the ice with student living.
- Maintenance when required and housekeeping is done on a bi-weekly basis for each suite.
Saint Paul University Application Process
The students can choose from wide variety of courses available and may apply to their earliest. Applications are taken on a rolling basis, meaning throughout the year until the spaces are occupied. The section below gives a summary of the application process.
Application Portal: Students have to apply on OUAC portal.
Application fees: 125 CAD
Basic Admission Requirements:
Saint Paul University Cost of Attendance
For students who wish to study at Saint Paul University, it is important to have sufficient funds. The data below mention the approximate Cost of Living in Canada while attending the university. The costs may vary according to individual needs.
|Tuition fee ( full-time)||7,037-7,455 CAD|
|Books and Supplies||1,600 CAD|
|Estimated||13, 000 CAD|
Listed below are some of the popular programs of Saint Paul University, Canada and their tuition fees
Saint Paul University Scholarships and Financial Aid
- The institute invests more than 750,000 CAD per year in Scholarships for international students in Canada.
- If maintaining a satisfactory academic standing and a need for financial aid a student can complete the survey and be eligible for financial aid.
- Some of the scholarships awarded are as follows:
- Admission Scholarships: It offers a renewable admission scholarship to undergraduate, graduate and doctoral program students. The amount for freshmen students ranges between 500-3,500 USD per semester and that for graduates is 2,000 USD per semester. Doctoral students receive 2,500 USD per semester. The scholarship is merit-based.
- Transformative Leadership Scholarships: It is given to master’s students who are enrolled in a full-time course in Arts or Graduate Diploma in Leadership and spirituality programs. The amount is 2,000 CAD for three sessions in one year.
- Study in French scholarship: This is available for international students enrolled in any program in the French language. The amount is 1,500 CAD per term for bachelor’s and master’s students. For doctorate students, the amount is 3,500 per term.
- Numerous other international scholarships like Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS), Canada Graduate Scholarship-Master's program (CGS-M) for SSHRC or CIHR, SSHRC Doctoral Awards (Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada), etc, are provided amounting between 15,000-70,000 CAD is offered.
Saint Paul University Alumni Network
- SPU has its own alumni association (AASPU) which aims in uniting alumni and faculties of the University of Ottawa.
- There are a number of benefits if one becomes a part of an alumni association such as a membership card that is required to enjoy the benefits and advantages offered through the alumni development office, 50% off on rent on rooms for a private event, and a chance to win Alumna/Alumnus of the Year Award.
- Some notable alumni members are:
- Helen Prejean, a Roman Catholic sister.
- Francis Goerge, a cardinal in Roman Catholic Church.
- Elizabeth May, a Canadian politician.
- William Sweet, a Canadian philosopher and a past president of the Canadian Philosophical Association.
Saint Paul University Placements
In order to apply whatever theoretically learned, students need internship offers that can hone their skills and turn them job-ready. Saint Paul University has set up an internship office that facilitates easier availability of internship opportunities to eligible students from undergraduate and graduate levels.
These internships are paid ones that are approved by the University and get updated on the University website for easier access. When students get an opportunity to serve as an intern in leading organizations of their departments and interact with employees there, they get clarity about their career goals in the future. And that’s the motto of Saint Paul University.
They don’t just stop here but also organize job fairs and placement programs every year collaborating with growing startups and fast-growing organizations to help their students find some of the high-paying jobs in Canada. Many bright students who are now proud alumni of this institution are part of successful enterprises all over the world.
In order to enhance the experience of the students, this University offers exchange programs as well where students can be a part of another renowned University for a year and study from there. The university gives a Master of Arts or Ph.D. candidates to intern in Counseling and Psychotherapy Centre to offer counseling and psychotherapy services.
Saint Paul University offers a unique range of courses and subjects that you can rarely see in large and famous institutions. With its students focused learning methods, extraordinary curriculum and exemplary staff, students find it highly enthusiastic and marvelous to study here and be a part of the change.
It is places like these that celebrate modern education and contemporary teaching methods while still respecting their great history and holding the values they earned since amalgamation. This and a lot more makes it a coveted choice when seeking to study abroad.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
When my family and I started looking for colleges for myself in Canada, I wanted to opt for a college that offered not just a great curriculum but also had better financial aids for international applicants. The availability of multiple scholarship grants to choose from helped me get clarity on my decision. After making the decision, I applied to Saint Paul through the OUAC portal and paid $125 as the application fee.
Course Curriculum :
I feel that this University is one of the best schools around because it's course curriculum is student-oriented instead of research-oriented. What I mean by this is that the professors are expected to be more available to students in order to help them learn and answer questions outside of the classroom. I have always found the professors to be willing to accommodate the needs of the students and make time to help them outside of the classroom.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Train Station
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary