VanWest College (Kelowna): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
VanWest College is located in the beautiful location of kelowna, Canada. The college is a privately owned Canadian college with its two campuses located in Kelowna and Vancouver. It was established in the year 1988. The educational institution offers Post Secondary, Post- Baccalaureate and English as a second learning (ESL) program which is taught by industry professionals. The programs are designed to improve the employability skills, business knowledge and communication skills of the students so that they have the necessary skills to work in a Canadian workplace. The students will also spend 50% of their program time in a paid co-op which will help them to adapt the Canadian work culture and prepare them for better opportunities.
VanWest is committed to assist international students from across the world who wish to pursue their education in Canada by offering them an ambience conducive to learning. The student services team is committed to helping international students from every step of the way from assisting students for the visa process, finances, on-campus accommodation and employment services.
Due to the COVID - 19 pandemic, the college is offering online classes to the students. Staggered schedules or reduced class sizes to reduce contact intensity has been employed. More focus is provided on individual or small group activities.
|Type of University||Private|
|Year of Establishment||1988|
|Number of Campuses||2|
|Mode of Program||Full Time|
|Programs||Post Secondary, Post- Baccalaureate and ESL|
|Academic Calendar||Semester Based|
|Language Proficiency Test||IELTS/TOEFL/TOEIC/Cambridge English|
VanWest College Campus
- The VanWest College has 2 campuses namely; Kelowna and Vancouver
- The Kelowna campus is located in the heart of Okanagan Valley in British Columbia and is an ideal destination for international students looking for a truly Canadian experience
- The beautiful campus is located in the heart of downtown and is conveniently located near the main bus stop and lake
- The modern campus is equipped with facilities such as student labs, classrooms, computer labs, student lounge and Student hub
- The Kelowna campus lets student experience the true Canadian life as the city has a small-town charm with big-city comforts
- The students can visit the rolling mountain range and Okanagan lake to which is nearby the campus
- The campus has people coming from diverse ethnicities such as Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East which gives students an opportunity to meet and interact with people from diverse backgrounds
VanWest College Residence
VanWest college offers on-campus accommodation to students accepted at the educational institution. The college offers a beautiful and well-equipped residence to international students coming to pursue their studies in Canada from across the world.
Main attractions of the residence:
- The Kelowna residence is located in the center of Kelowna city and is ideal for students who like a quiet place to live and study
- The residence gives an opportunity for international students to meet and live with people from different ethnic groups
- The student residence is easily accessible to the gym, local parks, grocery stores, restaurants, public transportation and banks
- All students living at the residence have easy access to a theatre room, study room and game room
Neighbourhood: Student residence has easy accessibility for students who wish to go out after classes and explore the city.
- The bus stop is located 1 minute from the residence
- Shopping malls and restaurants are 5 minutes away from the residence, you can walk or take a bus to reach malls or restaurants
- Most importantly, the airport is just 10 minutes away from the campus by car, which makes it easier for students to travel to the airport when travelling
In-room facilities and common areas available at college residence
|Room||Room Type||Common Area|
|Single room with shared bathroom||Bed, Closet and dresser, Table and chair||Kitchen, living room, study lounge, game room lounge, theatre room lounge, laundry machine, bike storage rooms|
|Kelowna Student Residence||Fees (CAD)|
|Security/ Damage Fees (Refundable)||500|
|Residence Administration Fees (Non-Refundable)||210|
|Single room with shared bathroom||245/week|
|Extra Night||50 per night|
Note: It is recommended that students book the residence for a minimum of 4 weeks unless the study duration is less than 4 weeks
In case, students decide to move out early, the fees will be refunded with a 4-week advance notice
- VanWest also offers students with homestays which is an excellent way to understand the Canadian culture and improve your language skills
- Homestay option is available in both the Kelowna and Vancouver campus
- The Homestays are genuine and comfortable as the homestay family have worked with us for over 10 years
- The students are offered a single room with a shared bathroom which includes a bed, dresser and three meals
- It is recommended that students book the homestay for a minimum of 4 weeks unless the study duration is less than 4 weeks
- In case, students decide to move out early, the fees will be refunded with a 4-week advance notice
|Homestay Fee||Year-Round Kelowna (CAD)||High Season Kelowna|
|Homestay placement fee||210 per person and 250 per family||210 per person and 250 per family|
|Ages 19 and above:
Single room with three meals per day
|240 per week||255 per week|
|Ages 19 and above:
Shared rooms for 3 meals per day for two students booking together
|220 per week||235 per week|
|Ages 18 and under:
Single room with three meals
|245 per week||260 per week|
|Ages 18 and under:
Shared rooms for 3 meals per day for two students booking together
|220 per week||235 per week|
|Extra Night||35 per night||50 per night|
VanWest College Programs
The institution offers certificate training programs such as Post-Baccalaureate, Post Secondary and English as a Second Language (ESL) Program.
- Post-Baccalaureate Program: The educational institution offers Post-Baccalaureate programs including Supply Chain Management Post-Baccalaureate Certificate and Supply Chain Management Post-Baccalaureate Diploma. The Post-Baccalaureate programs are high in demand as they offer co-op opportunities to students which gives nearly 33% of graduates a chance to get hired from their employers after graduation
- Post Secondary Program: VanWest also offers Post Secondary Programs diploma and certificate programs namely; Business Management Co-op Diploma, Commerce & Marketing Co-op Diploma, Cross Culture Business Communication Diploma, Hospitality Management Co-op Diploma, Cross Culture Business Communication Certificate and Professional Business Certificate Co-op Certificate. These programs are highly competitive and they help students gain skills and experience which the employers are looking for. Most of the programs include co-op which gives the majority of students a chance to get hired from their employers after graduation
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Program: The institution also offers a PTIB approved ESL program for candidates whose first language is other than language which helps candidates improve their written and verbal language skills. Some of the ESL programs include English for Academic Purpose, General English, English for Youth and Electives
VanWest College Application Process
VanWest College offers Post Secondary, Post- Baccalaureate and English as a second learning program. The application process is as follow:
Application Portal: Online
|English + Career Program||300|
- Complete application form
- Official high school transcript, university and diploma transcripts
- University and college degree or certificates
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- Copy of Passport
Applicants are required to submit the online application form or the offline application form to email@example.com once they have completed the application form. Applicants can also apply through some of our educational expert agents in their country of origin. Once the application form has been submitted an invoice will be emailed on the mentioned email address so that they can pay the application fee.
The application will then be reviewed by the International admissions team once the application fee has been paid and a decision regarding the application will be mailed within two to four weeks of application submission upon which the letter of acceptance will be issued
VanWest College Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance depends on factors such as room and board, transportation and program incidental fees including student activity fees, student service fees, information technology fees, student centre building fees and copyright fees. The tuition fee for each program varies.
Career Training Programs Fees
|Program||Program Duration||Tuition (International Students) (CAD)|
|Professional Customer Service Co-op Certificate||8 Months||8,550|
|Cross-Culture Business Communication Co-op||8 Months||3100|
|Single Course||8 Months||1,000|
Note: The tuition fees consists of student activity fee, student service fee, information technology fee, student centre building fee and copyright fee
|Medical Insurance Fee||17/week|
|Airport Pick up||80|
VanWest College Financial Aid For International Students
VanWest college does not offer scholarship opportunities to International students in Canada. However, students who require financial assistance can apply for scholarships through government programs and education partners.
Scholarship offered through educational partners: International students who have an excellent academic record are entitled to scholarships offered through educational partners. The selection process is done on the basis of their academic record, extracurricular activities and achievements
Scholarship offered through the government: The Canadian government offers scholarships to exceptional international students who are in need of financial help. The students can apply through the official website and review the list of scholarships they are eligible for
VanWest College Notable Alumni
VanWest college has a strong alumni network that keeps VanWest graduates connected to their professors and batchmates as the college believes in staying in touch with former students and also encourages upcoming graduates to stay connected with professors and peers.
The alumnus of VanWest has the following advantages:
- Access to exclusive offers and services
- Invitations to webinars and events
As per the knowledge of college, All VanWest graduates are invested in their careers and are doing well in their field of work. Some of our noted alumni are Kathy Chang and Orlando Contreras
VanWest College Placements
VanWest students spend 50% of their program time in a paid co-op which will result in a full-time job. The college does not offer placements separately. Students can also take an online placement test from the official college website or are advised to connect with past students and professors who can introduce them to industry professionals in their respective fields
FIND A PROGRAM
I always wanted to pursue my graduation from Canada. I did a lot of research before applying to this College and my brother who was studying from this college told me that this is one of the best colleges. The GPA of 9 in my bachelor's degree helped me a lot in getting through the admission process. I had applied to the university through an online application form and paid an application fee of around $200.
My course delivered the skills needed by emerging leaders. The subjects included in my curriculum were business administration, financial management, accountancy, mathematics, and interpersonal skill development. The course provided me with in-depth knowledge about the subject and helped me to gain skills in leadership and management.
I did a lot of research before applying to this College and my brother who was studied from this college told me that this is one of the best colleges. The GPA of 9 in my bachelor's degree helped me a lot in getting through the admission process. I had applied to the university through an online application form. I also paid an application fee of around $210.
My course delivered skills needed by emerging leaders. The subjects included in my curriculum were business administration, financial management, accountancy, mathematics and interpersonal skill development. The course provided me with in-depth knowledge about the subject and helped me to gain skills of leadership and management.
After completing my B.B.A in India with an average CGPA of 8.75, I was looking at colleges to learn the business. The first thing on my mind was M.B.A but I dropped the plan because it would nearly take 2 years and I was looking for some quick alternative and that was when I found my college. With an application fee of almost $200, I applied through the online application. I wanted a college in Canada because I have a relative who wished me to handle his business therefore, I opted for this college.
My course is divided into two semesters with 2 terms each. In the first, I was given knowledge about Cross-Cultural Communication, Business Correspondence, and Workplace Preparation. In the second term, I learned about Interpersonal Skills for the Workplace, Marketing Essentials, Customer Service Skills. In total the entire curriculum prepared for the modern business era.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary