VanWest College (Vancouver): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
VanWest College, established in 1988, is a private college with its 2 campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna. It is certified by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB), branch of the BC government Ministry of Advanced Education. Renowned as one of the coveted higher education institutes of Canada, it offers career-training programs and English courses (ESL) in fields related to commerce, management, English, among others.
The college ranks at #7 in the category of 10 best-rated International Language Schools in the country which makes it a favored choice among international candidates for studying in Canada. Admissions at VanWest College are available in multiple intakes round the year and provide both online and offline modes of application. The application fee at the institute varies for different courses and ranges somewhere between 150 to 300 CAD.
COVID-19 Admission Updates
- During the lockdown period, the college will be conducting online lectures on the zoom app.
- The college is planning to reopen from June 10, and regular lectures will start in July.
- The students won’t be allowed to enter without an appointment, thus ensuring safety to all.
- Even after the commencement of routine, it will be binding to all the students to take the essential safety measures.
|Type of Institute||Private|
|Campus||Vancouver and Kelowna|
|Mode of Application||Online and offline|
|Financial aid||Scholarships through Government and Educational partners|
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- The college operates on two campuses namely, Vancouver Campus and Kelowna Campus.
- Both the campuses are equipped with basic facilities including computer labs, students lounge and patio, official linguaskill Business (BULATS) training centre, etc.
- The weather is pleasant and moderate, but it may drop to 1 to 3 degree Celsius in winters and thus candidates should take note of this fact before applying at the institute
- Vancouver is considered one of the most livable cities in the world, and the campus is situated at the heart of downtown.
- VanWest Vancouver Campus is located in the center of the city which is a short walking distance away from all the major attractions. It is also conveniently located close to all transportation lines. Whereas, Kelowa campus is located in the heart of the beautiful Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, and is an ideal destination for international students looking for a true Canadian experience.
Accommodation at Vancouver
- This residence is situated in the heart of the city and has a study-oriented atmosphere.
- It is conveniently near to the King Edward Station, Queen Elizabeth Park and various other facilities like shopping malls, restaurants, etc.
- Requirements – The applicant must at least be 19 years old at the time of arrival.
Accommodation at Kelowna
- This new residence is in the heart of Kelowna and is a quiet place with a study-oriented atmosphere.
- It is near to the bus stop, airport, malls and restaurants, and has facilities like a Games room, theatre room and study room.
- Students prefer to stay with Canadian families to experience Canadian culture and a safe and comfortable environment.
- This system of accommodation is available in Vancouver as well as Kelowna.
- The institute provides a range of courses for international students including co-op programs, ESL programs and various diplomas and certificates.
- It provides various Post-Baccalaureate Programs like Supply Chain Management Post-Baccalaureate Diploma and Supply Chain Management Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
- The institute also offers various Post-Secondary Programs including co-op diplomas and certificates namely, Commerce and Marketing Co-op diploma, Business Management Co-op diploma, Hospitality Management Co-op diploma, Professional Customer Service Co-op Certificate, Cross-cultural Business Communication Diploma and Cross-cultural Business Communication Certificate
- English as a Second Language program (ESL): This program is especially for those whose first language was not English. This program helps a student to develop his or her spoken English and English writing skills.
VanWest College Application process
How to Apply?
- Career training programs – CAD 150 (native applicants) and CAD 210 (international applicants)
- English program - CAD 150
- English + Career training programs - CAD 300
Payment: Once the college receives your application, you will receive an email. As soon as you get the email, proceed to make the payment.
Basic Admission Requirements
- Complete Application form
- Copy of passport
- Official diploma or degree; or university/ college attendance certificate
- English proficiency scores
- SAT/ACT scores
- Letters of recommendation
After the successful submission of the application, an invoice will be emailed to students. A Letter of Acceptance will be issued upon receipt of payment.
VanWest College Cost of attendance
For all the international students hoping to enroll at the institute in the upcoming sessional year, an estimated cost of living in Canada is as been tabulated below
|Program||The tuition fee for native students||The tuition fee for international students|
|Supply Chain Management Post-Baccalaureate Diploma||CAD 13,090||CAD 19,780|
|Supply Chain Management Post-Baccalaureate Certificate||CAD 11,011||CAD 13,380|
|Commerce and Marketing Co-op diploma||CAD 16,000||CAD 19,780|
|Business Management Co-op diploma||CAD 11,011||CAD 13,380|
|Hospitality Management Co-op diploma||CAD 11,011||CAD 13,380|
|Professional Customer Service Co-op Certificate||CAD 7,070||CAD 8,550|
|Cross-cultural Business Communication Diploma||CAD 6,290||CAD 8,550|
|Cross-cultural Business Communication Certificate||CAD 2,500||CAD 3,100|
If you want to undertake a single course, the tuition fee is CAD 1,000 for native students and CAD 1,300 for international students.
The tuition fees for the English Program vary with the number of weeks and the number of lessons taught, and they range from CAD 205 to CAD 390.
Cost of living
|Vancouver share house||Single room with private bath||CAD 400 per week|
|Single room with shared bath||CAD 275 per week|
|Double room with shared bath||CAD 215 per week|
|Kelowna Student Residence||Single room with shared bath||CAD 245 per week|
|Homestay (with three meals per day):|
|Above 19||Single room||CAD 240|
|Shared room||CAD 220|
|18 and below||Single room||CAD 245|
|Shared room||CAD 220|
Apart from those mentioned above, a student has to pay additional charges too, which include
- Administration fee - CAD 100
- Medical Insurance Fee - CAD 17 per week
VanWest College does not provide any financial aid or scholarships in Canada for international students. However, students who need financial aid and are good at academics are not entirely at a loss. They can apply for the scholarships the college provides through educational partners and the Government.
Just like any other college, the VanWest college also boasts of its vibrant alumni network. The alumni enjoy full support and guidance from the college.
All the alumni of the VanWest college are enjoying success in life. However, the most remarkable among them are:
- Kathy Chang
- Orlando Contreras
The students at VanWest College spend 50% of their program time paid, authentic Canadian Job placements. The students can take a placement test at the official website. A student, willing to take the placement test twice, can do so only after a gap of at least four weeks.
FIND A PROGRAM
QS World University
RANKED #301 - #350
I wanted to understand the management scenario and decide to get a Diploma before doing my bachelor's. So I did a lot of research and then found out about this college from an online advertisement. Van West College had the best curriculum for the Diploma. I had applied through an online application portal. An application fee of $210 was also paid by me.
The university's course is divided into 3 semesters with breaks of 4 weeks within the semesters which is provided for the students to go job hunting. Semester-1 & semester-3 are of for months each and semester-2 is of 6 months which is entirely dedicated to placements services. The curriculum is very convenient for students who want to jump right into the field. The curriculum has provided me with time management skills. It has also Incorporated leadership qualities in me. Our curriculum offers subjects such as business correspondence, workplace preparation, capstone, introduction to accounting etc.
I decided to pursue my higher studies from Canada because I wanted to get settled there. I had selected this college as it was certified by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) branch of the BC government Ministry of Advanced Education. After securing a GPA of 8, I had applied at this college. The admission procedure was through an online application form. My application fee was around $210.
My program prepared me for entry-level employment in culturally diverse workplaces. This highly interactive, face-to-face course provides an understanding of the interpersonal communication skills required to develop constructive relationships in a multicultural workplace. Leadership, small group communication, and professional and ethical issues in the multicultural workplace were investigated in my course. The subjects in my program were business correspondence, interpersonal skills, and workplace preparation.
I got to know about the Vanwest college from an online consultancy who highly recommended me to opt for business management in this college. I had applied at the University by filling out an online application form with an application fee of $210. I scored 89% in my grade 12 which helped me get through the admission process.
The best learning experiences I had, came from the smaller classes anchored by the hands-on learning. The program provides us with practical skills and strategies as well as specialized knowledge required to be effective leaders and managers.-Some subjects included in the curriculum are Accountancy, social media marketing, cross-cultural-communication, and many other subjects which gave me the knowledge, skills, and attitude.