St. Andrew’s College is a theological college that provides justice-seeking education. Located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, St. Andrew’s College is well known for its Christian education. The college offers Master courses and one year Diploma courses.
Why choose St. Andrew’s College?
- In Saskatoon, the University of Saskatchewan rank is 1.
- The college is accredited with the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological School in the United States and Canada.
- Affiliated with the University of Saskatchewan (Saskatoon Theological Union).
- Partnership with Hanshin Graduate School of Theology in Seoul and Presbyterian Church in the Republic of Korea (PROK).
- Each student (whether part-time, full-time or distance) has to work with a Faculty advisor.
- Among one of the three colleges that formed Saskatoon Theological Union.
- Online courses are also available here.
What students say?
- The place is pretty good.
- Students love the “old yet modern look of the structure”.
- St. Andrew’s College is a best college to pursue the theological studies.
|Test scores accepted||TOEFL IBT, IELTS, PTE|
Program offered at St. Andrew’s College
The college offers 7 programs –
- Master of Divinity (MDiv)
- Dual Degree Program
- Master of Theological Studies (MTS)
- Master of Sacred Theology (STM)
- Doctor of Ministry (DMin)
- Diploma of theology
- Designated Lay Ministry Program (DLM)
Campus and Residential Facilities at St. Andrew’s College
St. Andrew’s College has campus at University of Saskatchewan. It is equipped with –
- Food services
- Students’ Association
Housing Facilities/ Residence –
The Charles F. (Doc) Johnston Residence at The St. Andrew’s College provides housing facility to the students.
- The college has 18 bedrooms for 18 students only.
- Both men and women have access to this facility.
- The rooms are furnished with a single bed, dresser, desk and a wardrobe.
Students can seek off campus accommodation through St. Andrews’ Register’s office.
St. Andrew’s College Application Process
Submit the application form to avail housing facilities:
- The details about the application process along with the application form can be found in the following link - http://www.usask.ca/stu/standrews/students/living-in-residence.php
- The application form has to be submitted to the Residence office or can be faxed to the office.
All you need to know about the Application process –
- High school transcripts
- Post-secondary transcripts
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
English Language Requirement
All the international students must prove their English by clearing English Language Proficiency Test. The details of the English language requirements are as follows –
- Completion of a degree (for three consecutive years) with English as the language of instruction.
- Completion of the English as a Second Language program at the University of Saskatchewan.
English proficiency test and scores accepted by the institute as a measure of English Proficiency:
|Test Name -||Scores -|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE)|
- Minimum in each area – 59
- Overall score – 59
- Remedial minimum - 54
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – Internet based test|
- Minimum score in each area – 20
- Overall score – 80
- Remedial minimum – 18
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – paper based test|
- Minimum score required – 550
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)|
- Minimum score in each area - 6.5
- Overall score - 6.5
- Remedial minimum – 6.0
|University Preparation (U-PREP 2)|
- Minimum score required – 75%
How, When and Where to apply –
When to apply -
- For Diploma in Theology - to start the college from June, the applicants must submit the applications by 1st May.
- For Master of Divinity and Master of Theological Studies – last date of application is 1st May for June start.
- For Doctor of Ministry program – the end date of application for June start is 1st March.
- For Master of Sacred Theology program – the end date of application for May or September start is 1st March and for January start is 1st November.
- For Dual Degree Program – last date of the application for June start is 1st May.
How to apply?
- Choose the desired program and review it.
- Fill online application form
- Submit the application form, fee and supporting documents
Application Fee –
- Application fee is $ 75.
- Application fee paid is non-refundable.
Cost and Expenses –
Tuition fee for domestic and international students are tabulated below:
|Program (per academic year)||$ 50|
|Full tuition –
- 10 (3 credit course)
- 1 (3 credit course)
- Integration seminar (3 credit)
- 1 (1.5 credit course)
|Different fees –
- $ 6750.00
- $ 675.00
- $ 708.75
- $ 337.50
|Adult – 1 (3 credit course)||$ 337.50|
|Program-based credit requirement (one-time fee)||$ 675.00|
|Populi fee (per month)||$ 8.50|
|Intensive online course offering –
- Tuition (per 3 credit course)
- Populi fee
Tuition fee for different programs –
|STM level course||$ 950.00|
|STM adult course||$ 475.00|
|DMin program fee –
- Program (annually for 1st 3 years)
- Tuition - 1 (3 credit course)
- Colloquium – 1 (1 credit colloquium)
- Colloquium – 1 (2 credit colloquium)
- Continuation – per semester
- Continuation – per year
- $ 1000.00
- $ 1050.00
- $ 350.00
- $ 700.00
- $ 500.00
- $ 1000.00
- $ 100.00
|DLM program fee –
- Tuition (per learning circle)
- Tuition (complementary course)
Accommodation rate per academic year –
|Application fee||$ 20.00|
|Per year fee||$ 3600.00|
|Per month fee||$ 450.00|
|Damage deposit||$ 450.00|
|Key deposit||$ 30.00|
|Community fee||$ 60.00|
|For international students –
- Large room (from September to December)
- Small room
Summer accommodation rate –
|1st May to August 29||$ 450.00 per month|
|Damage deposit||$ 450.00|
|Application fee||$ 20|
Scholarships, Bursaries and Financial Aids –
The institute provides scholarships, loans, bursaries, and awards to the deserving students to complete their studies:
Tuition relief –
- MDiv students upon application may have their tuition costs covered up to 30 credit hours (10 courses).
- MDiv students accepted into 3rd and 4th year residency placement will have their residency tuition fully rebated.
Book Bursary –
- Degree program students may claim a matching grant up to $ 200.00 per semester.
- Students in MTS program may claim the bursaries for four semesters.
- Diploma in Theology students may claim bursary for two semesters.
- STM and Graduate Certificate in Theology program may claim bursary for two semesters.
Financial Aid Pool –
The Financial Aid Pool is created to support the students who face financial challenges due to various reasons. The criteria upon which this aid applies are as follows –
- Responsible use of funds previously received.
- Evidence of students’ prudent use of disposable income.
- Students need for emergency financial assistance.
- Canada (& Provincial) Student Loan and Bursaries
- ESTRAL Awards
- The Beatty Ryckman Trust
- SASK Conference UCW Bursary
- Alberta & Northwest Conference Bursary
- MNWO Conference UCW Bursary
- Gordon Fulford Fund, Grey St. United Church, Winnipeg
- Evangelical United Brethren Bursary
- P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education
- The Elizabeth White Bursary
- Wesley United Church (Thunder Bay) Bursary
- Division of Mission (Saskatchewan) Bursary
- Grace United Church Bursary
- Bay of Quinte Conference Student Aid
- Trinity United Church Foundation Bursary
- Kent Presbytery Bursary Fund (London Conference)
- Vincent Fund
- Cypress Hills Presbytery Bursary Fund
- Anniversary Bursary Fund at Eglinton St. George’s United Church
- Conference of Manitoba & Northwestern Ontario Bursary Fund
- The Leonard Foundation
- Alliston Foundation
- St. Stephen’s – Broadway Foundation Inc.
- The Reverend Fredrick Passmore Fund
|Name of the scholarship -||Amount -|
|Ecumenical scholarship||$ 100 per month|
|Hannon Travel Scholarships||$ 7000|
|Hannon Scholarship - Theology||$ 3000|
|Graduate Studies Fellowship||$ 4500|
Alumni Network –
St. Andrew’s College provides following on campus and off campus benefits to their alumni:
- Library Services
- Students association
Off-campus Deals and Discounts -
- Choice Hotels, give discount to make travel more enjoyable
- Perkopolis, provide discount on tickets, hotels, car rentals, and travel and home services
- TD Insurance Meloche Monnex, offer discount for combining home and auto policies
Following list shows the names of some of the notable alumni:
- Dr. Jennifer Harvey – is the professor of religion, an author and the faculty director of the Crew Scholars Program.
- Richard Manley-Tannis – is the principal of St. Andrews’ College.
- Sandra Beardsall – is the professor of Church History and Ecumenics of St. Andrews’ College.
- Lynn Caldwell – is the Professor of Church and Society of St. Andrews’ College.
- Hye-Ran Kim-Cragg – is the Lydia Gruchy Professor of Pastoral Studies of St. Andrews’ College.