Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Bioinformatics)
International Student Tution
- Bachelor of Science in Bioinformatics at Langara college gives a 4- year Full-time program.
- Students need to complete 129 credits in this program.
- The 8-month co-op is mandatory to complete the course.
- Langara college Co-operative education options offer students to integrate academic studies with related, practical work experience while completing their studies.
- The Langara co-op program has been running for over 35 years.
- The Employment rate of Langara College is 95%.
- Bioinformatics is a versatile science that applies computational and statistical methods to biological information in order to make new discoveries and to solve complex biological problems.
- Bioinformatics main topics including:
- Molecular biology
- Personalized and preventative medicine
- Food technology
- Agriculture, and environmental science
- After completing this course students can pursue a career as:
- Data Scientist
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 64216 for 4 yearsor 129 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - May 31)|
|Admission Intake||spring (Deadline - Oct 31)|
|Admission Intake||summer (Deadline - Feb 28)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students minimum GPA of 2.33 in courses required for admission.
- Students required high school transcripts or must be 19 years old by the first day of the first semester of attendance.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- Indian Students required Certificates and Marksheets of class 10th and 12th with a minimum of 50% in all compulsory and elective courses.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- Official Transcripts: Students have to submit Official post-secondary transcripts that show completion of at least one full academic year or a minimum of 24 university-level credits, from a recognized university or college.
- ELP Scores: Students need to submit proof of English language proficiency (official test scores or transcripts) from the testing authority or school.
- Student Visa: It is important for students to give the International Education Department a copy of their valid Student Visa, a copy of their passport, and proof of medical insurance.
|fall||May 31, 2021|
|spring||Oct 31, 2021|
|summer||Feb 28, 2022|
Apply a minimum of four months prior to the intake date.
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year/Head||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Books and Supplies||$1125||$1125||$1125||$1125|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Feb 19, 2021|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
|Jared J. Davis Grant||$ 1000||Yes||N/A|
|Microsoft Tuition Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- Students will need to apply for a valid Student Visabefore entering Canada.
- Before applying for a Student Visa at a Canadian visa office, they must have a letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- A Student Visa is needed only if the program is of more than 6 months for international students.
- A Student Visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The cost of the Student Visa is 112 USD.
- Student Visas are issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and application forms are available online or by paper.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Valid Passport
- Two passport-size photos with name and date of birth written on the back
- Letter of Acceptance(LOA)
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Students can work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the regular academic year and full-time during scheduled breaks.
- If their program does not have scheduled breaks, they will be limited to working 20 hours per week.
- An immigration officer may apply conditions on the type of work students may perform.
- For example, they must pass an immigration medical examination before they begin work in health care, child care, or primary or secondary education.
Career and Placement after Course
Students have job opportunities in :
- Life sciences research
- Pharmaceutical sciences,
- Health care,
I selected this college cause Langara college has a good name in providing bioinformatics course so I chose this course
Course Curriculum :
I think the program is advanced progressively and it has the relevant topics