NorQuest College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Scholarships & Placements
NorQuest College is located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada as a publicly funded institution providing post-secondary education. NorQuest College serves around 19,000 students from across the globe every year. This college is counted among the reputed and renowned colleges in Canada in offering a learning experience that is diverse and multicultural.
Programs offered at NorQuest College include certified diploma programs in the field of business, community studies, and health. NorQuest College also promises to offer English Language Trainings simultaneously through the academic curriculum. With highly qualified faculties from across the globe and a disciplined curriculum, NorQuest College prepares a student for a perfect career choice.
The college is known for its unique approach to the learning experience that also enriches one's skills. It has contacts with industry, business, and the public sector, that helps to provide workforce-relevant programs, uniquely designed to meet the market needs and thus seeking good job opportunities in Canada.
Until now more than 12,112 full-time and part-time credit students and 9,050 non-credit or continuing education students have been enrolled representing over 114 countries of birth with 78+ first languages spoken on campus. The percentage of international students presently studying at college is 43%.
NorQuest College Ranking
- In the Canada ranking of national-level best colleges, NorQuest College has been ranked #131.
- The impact ranking of the college is #6297 by Webometrics.
- In the top 10 Alberta-based colleges rankings, the college has been ranked #4 among others.
|Application Fee||150 CAD for international students|
|Mode of Payment||Check, Student self service portal, Debit card, Credit card, direct debit, bank transfer, or e-wallet|
|Academic Calendar||Term and Semester-based|
|Intake Seasons||Autumn, Spring, and Summer depending on the program|
|Work Experience||Required for some graduate programs|
|English language proficiency score||TOEFL or equivalent|
NorQuest College Campus
- With the latest learning technologies, space, and lighting, the classrooms at NorQuest College provide an evolving learning environment.
- NorQuest College offers high-class lecture rooms, theatres, classrooms, cafes, and is equipped with award-winning buildings.
- NorQuest College aims to provide students with the highest possible university experience.
- Located in Edmonton, NorQuest College provides access to adult education with 26 communities in the surrounding regions.
- NorQuest College’s campus is spread from Drayton Valley to Whitecourt and Wetaskiwin, with a widespread of three regional campuses excluding the Edmonton Campus.
NorQuest College Residence
- For students wishing to live on-campus, a completed housing application and a deposit are required.
- Room assignments for the Fall admissions begin in April and continue throughout the summer.
- All of the new students at NorQuest College are guaranteed accommodation at the heart of the city centre with easy access to the main university campus.
- So, once the applicant has made their choice, all they need to do is submit their request, and finalize the booking when contacted by the accommodation provider.
- Students can submit their preferences like- single or mixed gender, en-suite or shared bathroom, etc.
- International students are required to pay for accommodation in full and in advance.
- Two-bedroom and four-bedroom suites are also available.
- High-speed Internet access and access to software applications through LAN are also provided on campus.
- Co-ed and only female spaces are also available.
|Accommodations & Housing||Remarks|
|Student Residence||The MacEwan University student residence is provided to students wishing to live on campus as NorQuest College does not provide on-campus living residence.
However, The MacEwan University student residence is within a walking distance from NorQuest College.
The MacEwan University student residence provides accommodation suites from two-bedroom to four-bedrooms.
|Housing Registries||Students can also rent house spaces with the help of an online housing registry.|
|Private Housing Rentals||Private Housing Rentals can easily be found across Edmonton and nearby the campus that might range from CAD 400 - CAD 1500 depending on your preferences.|
NorQuest College Programs
- NorQuest College in Canada is highly renowned and reputed to offer several and diverse programs.
- Workforce-related programs are offered that are ranging from diverse fields.
- This college is highly recognized for offering certified diploma programs, various credit, and non-credit programs in the field of business, community studies, and health.
- NorQuest College offers bachelor's, open studies, dual credit programs, Certificate and Graduate programs and courses in the fields of Health, Business, Community studies, Environment, Academic Upgrading, English Language Training.
- Till now, NorQuest College has served around 17,592 students through various part-time, full-time, online credit and non-credit programs.
NorQuest College Application Process
Prospective candidates can follow the steps below to apply to Norquest College -
Step 1: Visit the online application system ApplyAlberta
Step 2: Fill in the application form with all requisite information
Step 3: Pay the application fee and submit the application form
Step 4: Once the application is submitted, applicants will receive an email that will contain instructions to access MyQuest(Norquest College Student service center) and MyMail(Norquest College email address)
Step 5: Submit all required documents such as official transcripts, certificates, diplomas to Norquest College.
Application Portal: Online
Application Fee: CAD 150
- High school/college GPA of entering students (Both UG and PG): 2.75
- Personalized of SOP, LOR required
- Immunization certificate
- Job experience in years if any
- English language test scores in the form of IELTS or TOEFL or any other equivalent test score
NorQuest College Cost of Attendance
International Students should factor in the cost of moving and living in Canada as it will enable them to plan better. Given below is an estimated monthly cost of attending Norquest College in 2021-22
|Type of Expense||Cost (CAD)|
|Tution fees||100 – 1000 (per credit)|
|Accomodation||800 – 1500 (per month)|
|Food||250 – 300 (per month)|
|Transport||150 – 200 (per month)|
|Books and Stationery||500|
*Fee depends exactly on the programs you choose
NorQuest College International Student Scholarships
NorQuest College is also renowned for offering students the opportunity to take benefits of financially recognized and most outstanding scholarship opportunities. Scholarship opportunities are provided so that students can take the benefit of being excellent at academics and helping them in the financial need to develop leadership and community service by contributing to their future campus life. Credit wise scholarships are made available for students to take the benefits.
Some scholarships for the international students to study in Canada offered at NorQuest College include:
Academic Excellence Scholarship for International Student in Health or Environmental Studies
Academic Excellence Scholarship for International Students in Business or Community Studies
International Student Integrity Award
Besides scholarships, NorQuest College also offers bursaries and awards to eligible international students:
|NorQuest College Online Scholarship||Scholarships can be applied once you have secured your admission. Depending upon the eligibility requirements, a scholarship would be provided for the student credit-wise.|
|Bursaries and Awards||NorQuest college also offers several awards during the academic curriculum.|
|Blackbaud Award Management||NorQuest College contracted with Blackbaud Award Management to offer scholarship to the enrolled NorQuest College students.
Students who complete the general application through the new NorQuest College award system will be considered for different awards based on qualifications and skills.
NorQuest College Alumni
- The NorQuest College welcomes all the students register themselves as the member of the NorQuest College Alumni Association
- NorQuest College is renowned to help students in making their graduated life the successful one by transitioning their life chapter to the next phase.
- NorQuest college’s Alumni Association allows the students to stay connected with the post-graduate students.
- Joining the Alumni Association members group for the NorQuest college in Canada would offer several benefits in terms of saving money, Alumni connection, and enhanced learning opportunities for your interest throughout your academic curriculum.
Notable alumni include:
- Kristen Davies - Peggy Yelland & Associates Inc. in Victoria, British Columbia
- Michelle Woite - Operating room nurse at the University of Alberta hospital
- Rdina Chehayeb - financial educator with the World Financial Group
NorQuest College Placements
- A maximum number of students have been hired from the field of history, law, and other related fields.
- NorQuest College offers jobs in public service, international business, foreign affairs, and research and teaching positions as well as journalists for graduates.
- NorQuest College through the career service helps students hone their skills and interests and articulate them confidently in resumes, cover letters, interviews, and personal statements.
- As per a study conducted by Economic Specialists International:
- The average diploma graduate from NorQuest College earns CAD 15,100 more than a high school graduate at their career midpoint.
- NorQuest College and its students added CAD 471.4 million of total income to Edmonton’s regional economy. These outcomes are based on a
- They train the students specifically to face the changing demands of the industry they are going to serve.
- There are job fairs and career development events and programs arranged to help students find career opportunities.
- They have partnered with work-integrated learning and career education centers in order to provide training and assistance to the students.
- Through this, they partner with companies around Edmonton who offer work experience to the students while studying itself through internship opportunities and instant job offers.
- As per a study conducted by Economic Specialists International:
Ques. What programs does NorQuest College offer?
It offers 38 post-secondary career credentials and 8 foundational programs in various disciplines such as Health, Business, Community Studies, Environment, Academic Upgrading, Employment Programs, Open Studies, and English Language Training.
Ques. Does taking programs at NorQuest help in career advancement?
Yes. As per a 2016-17 study conducted by Economic Specialists International: The average diploma graduate from NorQuest College earns CAD 15,100 more than a high school graduate at their career midpoint.
Ques. How many students are enrolled at NorQuest?
More than 12,112 full-time and part-time credit students and 9,050 non-credit or continuing education students are enrolled in the college.
Ques. Are its programs relevant to the needs of the changing business world?
It has contacts with industry, business, and the public sector, that helps to provide workforce-relevant programs, uniquely designed to meet the market needs.
Ques. Do they have courses for professional development that can help professionals?
Yes. There are continuing education and custom learning courses that you can enroll in.
Ques. When is the deadline for Spring 2021 admissions?
The last day to submit an application is March 29, 2021.
Ques. Do they have an Alumni association?
Yes. There is an active alumni association that offers many saving benefits and serves as a way to connect with fellow professionals.
Ques. What are ten thousand coffees that the college is hosting?
It’s a networking platform where the alumni can grow their network to help others in their careers or getting a new job.
Application Portal : https://www.norquest.ca/prospective-students/applying-to-norquest.aspx
My College provides learning opportunities for all. Also, they offer workforce-relevant programs across a wide range of disciplines, taught by exceptional faculty who are connected and engaged in their industry, thus gave me an exciting opportunity. My GPA was 8.7. I was required to submit a common application form costing around $100.
Course Curriculum :
The program trained me carry on my carrer in multiple fields, such as becoming an accountant, an entrepreneur, a business operations manager, a human resources professional, or a financial services representative, the Business Administration diploma program provides a strong foundation for any business career I might choose. I explored innovative trends and practices while acquiring the skills and knowledge relevant to current and future industry needs.
At NorQuest, their unique ability to provide me with the skills Alberta needs in a supportive and inclusive environment, encouraged me to get admitted here and with input from industry, business, and the public sector, they make learning relevant and rewarding. My GPA of 8 helped me to get admitted here. The application form costing around $100 was filled by me.
Course Curriculum :
My College offers a wide range of continuing education healthcare training courses that are tailored to enhance my nursing knowledge, provide practical skills experience, and diversify my healthcare professional career expertise.
I applied for a couple college in Edmonton and NorQuest was the first to answer and provide me an offer letter.
Course Curriculum :
Overall experience since now has been amazing. I had one-month practicum while my program which gave me experience of working at a real workplace. The courses contents are good and meet my expectations.
I choose this college because I wanted to go to Edmonton and my sister was already studying there and the college has a good reputation and is a publicly funded college so I choose this college.
Course Curriculum :
My course curriculum is pretty good and the study is not just cramming and its about applying logic in the business field. my program also has specialization choices which are management, HR, accounting, and general studies.
Couldn't get into the RN program because it was way too competitive so I decided to start small and then do a bridge program to become an rn, I found out about this collage through a friend who was already going here before me, this was the only collage I applied too, my marks were good but not up to the competitive average for rn nursing
Course Curriculum :
It's really good and easy and straight forward and I love the hands on stuff
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary