Saint Mark's College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Saint Mark's College is a member of the Saint Marks community at UBC. It is situated in Vancouver British Columbia, Canada. It was established in 1956 at UBC. The college is committed to promoting Christian humanism with academic excellence. The college has been entrusted by the Archdiocese of Vancouver to provide the academic component of the Permanent Diaconate program. Saint Mark's students have access to numerous facilities and services provided by UBC. The college is governed by a board of directors and the senate
|English proficiency test||IELTS/TOEFL|
|Academic calendar||Semester based|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Number of programs||12|
Saint Mark’s College Campus
St. Mark's College is situated on the northeastern tip of the University of British Columbia Vancouver Campus.
- Students at the college can take advantage of many amenities and services provided by UBC.
- The college is within a 5-minute walk to UBC's bus loop.
- Students have access to the U-Pass Bus Pass program.
- On-campus facilities include Dr. John Micallef Library, computer lab, student lounge, study spaces, St. Mark Chapel, administrative offices, etc.
Saint Mark’s College Residence
Students of Saint Mark's college can choose to live either at Saint Andrew's hall or Carey Centre.
- Saint Andrews Hall was built in 1995 and has 93 apartments.
- Saint Andrew's Hall provides different types of accommodation namely co-ed quad studio one bedroom two bedroom and townhouse.
- Carey is located on the campus of UBC and provides both short term and long term accommodation to the students.
- Carey has 40 Dorm rooms having either a queen-sized or twin-sized bed.
- Students must apply early to get the campus residence as the residence is given on a priority basis.
Saint Mark’s College Programs
Being a Roman Catholic theological college, Saint Mark's College provides Undergraduate, Graduate, and Diploma programs.
- Undergraduate programs include Teacher Track - BA in theology and culture, VST Track - BA in theology and culture.
- Seminar in Faith Development is the intentional practice of setting aside time to engage in conversations about life, faith, and our relationship with Jesus.
- Saint Mark's college offers specialized graduate programs in four distinct areas namely Catholic Educational Leadership, Pastoral Studies, Religious Education, and Theological Studies.
- Every Saturday there is a spiritual formation program that teaches students to foster a personal relationship with Jesus.
Saint Mark’s College Application Process
International students who want to seek admissions at Saint Mark's College can follow the below-mentioned application process:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelorette degree from an accredited institution recognized by the council holding membership in the association of universities and colleges in Canada or a degree in the judgment of Saint mark's college senate.
- The applicants must have a B average in their first degree.
- TOEFL or IELTS
- A non-refundable application fee must be paid.
- Letter of intent
- Two letters of recommendation
Saint Mark’s College Cost of Attendance
Tuition fees for undergraduate and graduate programs for international students are given in the following table
|Tuition||Cost per credit (UG)||Cost per credit (PG)|
|Tuition for credit||$664||$1,110|
|Tuition for audit||$398.40||$222|
Students need to pay additional fees such as Registration fees, Library or Technology fee, Activity fee, Administrative fees, etc.
|Type of accommodation||Cost per week|
|Queen Room + Meals||$12,950|
|Single Room + Meals||$12,810|
St. Andrew’s Hall
|Type of accommodation||Cost per month with parking|
|2 Bedroom||2,229 CAD|
|One Bedroom||1,449 CAD|
|Co-ed Quad||936 CAD|
Saint Mark’s College Scholarships
The university offers several scholarships for international students to afford study in Canada. The scholarships for both graduate and undergraduate students is mentioned below:
- Archbishop's scholarship for leadership in Catholic education worth $ 1000.
- Fr. Zsigmond scholarship ($1,000) is for programs leading to a masters degree offered by Saint Mark's college.
- 3rd and 4th year students get scholarships based on their GPA. This includes the Principal's Award ($1,000), Dean's Award ($750), and Scholastic Excellence Award ($500).
- Blessed Marie Blondin Scholarship ($1,000) is for deserving women pursuing education for service in the Catholic Church to provide them financial assistance.
- Jack Herb Award for Special Education ($1,000) is for a third-year student with an interest in Special Education or Learning Resource Teaching.
Saint Mark’s College Alumni
Benefits provided to University alumni includes:
- A library card giving access to Dr. John Micallef Memorial Library for life.
- Invited to celebrate Mass Schedule.
The honorary doctorate is the highest honor within the power of St. Mark's College. Honorary doctorate may be awarded in theology as per an act to incorporate Saint Mark's college 1956. Recent recipients of the award are
- Diana Doyle - 2019
- Father Thomas Rosica - 2018
- Sister Nuala Patricia Kenny - 2017
Saint Mark’s College Placements
On-Campus Employment is provided to qualified undergraduate students who exhibit financial need.
- The center for career development at Saint Mark's College offers numerous opportunities for its students to gain volunteer and work experience, both on and off-campus.
- These opportunities help students to gain real-world experience and expand their network.
Times Higher Education
I originally was going to study nursing but a friend mentioned forensic science and I knew that was what I should study. I find crime and why people commit crime incredibly interesting and wanted to move states for university so Griffith was my top choice as it was close to Brisbane city and is known for their science programs. After deciding to do forensic science I chose to do the double degree simply because it was only an extra year to get two degrees. I know love both the forensic side and the criminology side of my degree. I applied for 4 different universities but only 2 offered forensic science and I was offered a guaranteed place in forensic science at Griffith as my ATAR score was significantly higher than needed to enter the degree which was another added bonus in me choosing to go to Griffith.
Course Curriculum :
I love the courses, however, during your first year, you have to complete a lot of core classes that seemed to have little relevance to my major. I did not enjoy those subjects are found them somewhat difficult to complete.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary