Master of Engineering [M.Eng] (Leadership in Dependable Software Systems)
International Student Tution
- The Master of Engineering in Leadership in Dependable Software Systems is a 1-year program at the University of British Columbia(UBC).
- This is a professional degree for engineers who want to excel and drive innovation in this rapidly evolving field.
- Students gain the skills and confidence to take their careers in new directions.
- Engineering courses explore software testing and verification, error-resilient computing, and security and privacy
- In this 12-month program students will:
- update their technical, analytical skills and maintain dependable systems
- complete a major capstone project and gain specific domain expertise
- study under renowned faculty and industry experts
- expand their professional network while collaborating with other MEL students
- gain the fundamental business, project management, and interpersonal skills to advance your career and confidently take on positions of increased responsibility.
- The graduates will be in high demand locally, nationally, and internationally, with government and industry employers constantly seeking experts in this field.
- The Student to Faculty Ratio is 18:1 which resolves the interaction Problem.
- Students who are considering taking a Ph.D in the future should apply for admission to the MASc program rather than the MEng program.
- The University of British Columbia ranked as the 45th best university in the world in the QS World University Rankings.
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must hold a four-year bachelor degree, as well as relevant prior education in Engineering.
- A minimum overall average equivalent to B+ required.
- If English is not the students’ first language then they must provide proof of English competency.
Indian student requirements:
- A four-year bachelor's degree or a master's degree.
- The bachelor’s degree with 65% marks or 8 on a 10-point scale.
- Students required a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Forestry, or Medicine.
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- College Transcripts - The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of bachelor's and higher secondary degree.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
6.5 / 9
Avg. Score in
93 / 120
Avg. Score in
310 / 340
Avg. Score in
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #26/ 400
Business [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|UBC Graduate Support Initiative (GSI) Awards|| Variable || Yes || N/A |
|UBC Graduate Dean’s Entrance Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || N/A |
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 30 Aug, 2020 |
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 19 Feb, 2021 |
|Ellis R. Ott Scholarship for Applied Statistics and Quality Management|| Variable || Yes || 01 Apr, 2020 |
|FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship|| $20,000 || Yes || N/A |
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program|| $150 || Yes || N/A |
|QS Leadership Scholarship|| $10,000 || Yes || 30 Apr, 2020 |
|BrokerFish International student scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 21 Dec, 2020 |
|Ontario Graduate Fellowship|| $8,459 || Yes || N/A |
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship|| $1,385 || Yes || 30 Apr, 2020 |
|Aga khan Foundation Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 31 Mar, 2020 |
|Go Clean Scholarship|| $3,500 || Yes || 31 Dec, 2020 |
|VueVille Future Technology Scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 30 Sep, 2020 |
|Forte Fellowship|| $24,623 || Yes || N/A |
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 09 Mar, 2020 |
|Bharat Petroleum Scholarship 2020|| Variable || Yes || N/A |
|Paul Foundation scholarships|| $20,174 || Yes || N/A |
VISA & Work Study
- Student Visa and Visitor Visa (Optional) is required to study in Canada.
- The student visa is a document that the Canadian government issues that allow foreign nationals to study at institutions in Canada.
- A student visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days lets the student prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend their stay.
- The cost of the student visa is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a student visa:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Student Visa Process:
- Apply for admission with a DLI, pay the tuition fees, and receive an acceptance letter from the DLI.
- Check if a study permit is required. eTA is required for all international applicants who wish to travel to Canada.
- Prepare all the documents required for applications
- Purchase GIC
- Apply for the applications
- Undertake the medical exams
- Schedule biometric appointment and interview.
- Students can work for 20 hours per week during the regular academic year and full-time during scheduled breaks.
- If their program does not have scheduled breaks, the students will be limited to working 20 hours per week.
- An immigration officer may apply conditions on the type of work students may perform.
- For example, they must pass an immigration medical examination before they begin work in health care, child care, or primary or secondary education.
Career and Placement after Course
Students have job opportunities as:
- Product Manager
- Software Engineer
- Software Consultant... etc