Bachelor of Business Administration [B.B.A] (Economics (Major))
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Required grade 12 classes and a minimum grade of 73% is required in each of these courses:
- English Studies 12/English First Peoples 12
- mature student status
- Requirements vary, but all these university programs require secondary school completion for academic admission.
- Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants, whose first language is not English.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The student has graduated from senior secondary school or equivalent (those applying for a postgraduate program must have graduated from a university or college).
- Minimum 4 major subjects in 12th Grade, including English, with an average of 70% and no course less than 65%.
- The Thompson Rivers University offers a BBA in Economics (Major) with a duration of 4 years (8 semesters).
- This course is offered on a full-time basis.
- This program is provided both on-campus and off-campus.
- Through this program, students improve their abilities to conduct pricing, cost-benefit, and program analysis, forecasting, and industry analysis.
- Students also learn how economies interact which aids in all facets of business decision making.
- Finally, they learn to analyze the economics of the regulatory process and the reaction of businesses to the regulatory environment.
- The student-faculty ratio in this program is 63:1.
- With 26,000 studying students on the campus or through distance and online learning, the university provide 140 on-campus programs and 60 open learning programs.
- University has 2000+ employees including academic faculty, staff, and administration.
- TRU’s beautiful main campus is located in the heart of Kamloops, British Columbia, serving a community of 100,000 people.
- University offers comprehensive financial aids in the form of bursaries, scholarships, awards, work-study, loans, and grants.
- The average annual salary of the University graduates according to PayScale is 49,728 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||81400 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - May 1)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Sept 1)|
Required Document List
Required Documents are:
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Certificates: Certificates like High School or University/College Certificates are to be submitted of education qualification.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and volunteer experience.
- Test Results: Provide proof of English proficiency, if English is not the first language in student country, as proof of IELTS/TOEFL result scores is to be submitted.
|fall||May 1, 2021|
|winter||Sep 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Years||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Books and Supplies||$1575||$1575||$1575||$1575|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room And Board||$6037|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Microsoft Tuition Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
|Axol Science Scholarship||$2000||Yes||Jul 1, 2020|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$4000||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- A student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- The student must have a student visa to enroll in any degree, program, or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Student VISA.
- A student VISA is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- International students are eligible to work on and off-campus while studying full time and will qualify for a full-time work permit after graduation.
- Students can work up to 20 hours per week while studying and full time during scheduled breaks.
- International students are able to work in a variety of ways while studying at TRU, either on or off-campus.
Work After Graduation
- As an international student graduating from a Canadian post-secondary institution, students are eligible to remain in Canada to work.
- Students completing a minimum two-year program of study may be eligible to work for up to three years after graduation.