Post-Baccalaureate diploma (Accounting)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Applicants have a four-year baccalaureate degree or equivalent.
- Requirements vary, but all these university programs require secondary school completion for academic admission.
- Students are expected to have taken Foundations of Math 12 or Pre-calculus 12 (or equivalent).
- Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants, whose first language is not English.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The student has graduated from senior secondary school or equivalent (those applying for a postgraduate program must have graduated from a university or college).
- Students completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a grade point average of 3.00 or 73% in the final two years of the program.
- The Thompson Rivers University offers a Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting with a duration of 1 year (2 semesters).
- This course is offered on a full-time and part-time basis also.
- This program is provided both on-campus and off-campus.
- The post-baccalaureate diploma will be of interest to students who have a non-business degree, and who want to return to university for one or two years to acquire a specialty in a functional area of business in order to enhance their employment opportunities.
- Students with a first degree in business, but who want to change their area of focus, may complete a post-baccalaureate diploma as well.
- The student-faculty ratio in this program is 63:1.
- With 26,000 studying students on the campus or through distance and online learning, the university provides 140 on-campus programs and 60 open learning programs.
- University has 2000+ employees including academic faculty, staff, and administration.
- TRU’s beautiful main campus is located in the heart of Kamloops, British Columbia, serving a community of 100,000 people.
- University offers comprehensive financial aids in the form of bursaries, scholarships, awards, work-study, loans, and grants.
- The average annual salary of the University graduates according to PayScale is 49,728 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Diploma|
|Fees||15411 for 1 year|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - May 1)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Sept 1)|
Required Document List
Required Documents are:
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Certificates: Certificates like High School or University/College Certificates are to be submitted of education qualification.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and volunteer experience.
- Test Results: Provide proof of English proficiency, if English is not the first language in student country, as proof of IELTS/TOEFL result scores is to be submitted.
|fall||May 1, 2021|
|winter||Sep 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Books and Supplies||$750|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room And Board||$6037|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
|Paul Foundation scholarships||$20174||Yes||N/A|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$150||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- A student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- The student must have a student visa to enroll in any degree, program, or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Student VISA.
- A student VISA is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- International students are eligible to work on and off-campus while studying full time and will qualify for a full-time work permit after graduation.
- Students can work up to 20 hours per week while studying and full time during scheduled breaks.
- International students are able to work in a variety of ways while studying at TRU, either on or off-campus.
Work After Graduation
- As an international student graduating from a Canadian post-secondary institution, students are eligible to remain in Canada to work.
- Students completing a minimum two-year program of study may be eligible to work for up to three years after graduation.