Doctor of Philosophy [Ph.D] (Microbiology and Immunology)
Offered by Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
To be eligible as a regular Ph.D. student (microbiology and immunology), the candidate must:
- meet the general eligibility conditions (section XI) of the pedagogical regulations for graduate and postdoctoral studies
- hold an M. Sc. (microbiology and immunology), or attest to equivalent training
- obtaining, at 2 e cycle, an average of at least 3.3 to 4.3 or equivalent
- demonstrate a good knowledge of French
- have a satisfactory knowledge of English, knowledge which he must demonstrate before being promoted to the 2nd year of studies
- demonstrate knowledge of any other language deemed necessary for further research.
- The general objectives are to train independent researchers in this discipline.
- The student must produce original research work, learn to present research results at scientific conferences and publish them in peer-reviewed journals, be able to build an original research hypothesis and expose the pathway to verify it experimentally.
- He must possess the technical skills necessary for a career as a researcher and have developed an excellent critical sense in interpreting his results.
- At the end of his training, he should be able, after a postdoctoral training, to compete for research grants in the field of microbiology and immunology.
|Degree Type Offered||Doctorate|
|Fees||56136 for 3 yearsor 90 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Mar 1)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - June 1)|
|Offered By||Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal|
|fall||Mar 1, 2021|
|winter||Jun 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
|Paul Foundation scholarships||$20174||Yes||N/A|
|Go Clean Scholarship||$3500||Yes||Dec 31, 2020|