Teluq University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Situated in Quebec City, Canada, Teluq University is distance learning Francophonie University that was established in 1972. The institute offers some 400 distance learning courses and 125 programs at undergraduate, graduate and doctoral level and is one of the finest higher education institutes in Canada.
The distance educational approach or remote distance learning adopted by the university provides students to learn and acquire university degrees without having to relocate while balancing their personal life and work schedule at the same time. Every year around 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students enjoy the experience of studying in Canada from the comfort of their home and obtain their university education from Teluq University.
The institute launched OLMC and MOOC courses on its Ulibre platform with 5,200 registration from nearly 40 countries during the first edition. It also provides the feature of Rlibre, an online publication directory where professors submit their articles and research documents. The university also offers a special student collaboration program for students with disabilities.
Admissions at Teluq University are available for fresh intakes round the year for the semester intakes of winter, summer, and fall. Candidates of the institute do not need to travel except for supervised examination conducted close to their home.
What do students say?
At Teluq University students get the flexibility to study at the comfort of their home with the support of distance education specialists. Students share their unique experience with Teluq:
- Individual and personalized teaching assistance makes it easy for the students to complete their study.
- Apart from imparting distance education the university helps the students to get their work corrected by the specialists.
- The virtual community gives the chance to the students to connect with peers across the globe and expand their knowledge.
Teluq University is ranked :
- 81st in Canada according to the Ranking Web of Universities.
- 1133rd in North America according to Ranking Web of Universities.
- 2591 in the world ranking according to Unipage Télé-université .
|Type of University||Public|
|Number of Undergraduate Students (Full-time)||2,030|
|Number of Graduate students (Full-time)||60|
|Undergraduate Canadian Students Basic Tuition Fee||CAD 2,328 – CAD 7,228|
|Graduate Canadian Students Basic Tuition Fee||CAD 2,298 – CAD 7,228|
|Undergraduate International Students Basic Tuition Fee||CAD 15,943 – CAD 17,305|
|Graduate International Students Basic Tuition Fee||CAD 15,943|
|Test Scores Accepted||French Proficiency Test: Minimum 60%|
Campus and Accommodation
- The university campus is located in the Quebec City of Canada.
- Being a distance campus the entire education system is imparted online .
- The main campus has two magnificent buildings from which all the required operations for conducting online programs, classes etc are done.
- The five storey pavilion serves as the largest public corner of the campus.
- Research facility and centres including LICEF Research Center
- The university has physical and virtual facilities that support innovation and betterment of it's students in every field and aspect.
Teluq University is predominantly a distance learning university and thus most of the students have access to their tailor made courses through video conferencing from the comfort of their homes. Still the university offers residence to some of its students .
- The L -shaped eight -story students' residence building provides housing for 500 UQAM students and guest professors.
- Students from 114 countries obtain their university education from the comfort of their home from The Teluq University.
- The residence rooms are structured in different arrangements including : Two bedroom, Three bedroom and Four bedroom units with a double- height corner common room.
- The institute provides a range of courses for international students at undergraduate and graduate level.
- Teluq University offers 400 distance learning courses and 125 programs including Bachelor degrees, Masters degree, General and Major Baccalaureate, Certificate courses and Doctorate programs.
- Every year 20,000 students acquire their university education from Teluq University as distance learners.
- The primary four departments are - Education, Science and Technology, Human Sciencescountries and Letters of Communication, School of Administrative Sciences, Computer Science
- Teluq University offers Undergraduate and certificate programs in Administration, Communication, Accounting, Law, Economy, Education, Entrepreneurship, Finance, IT and Information Technology, Sciences etc.
- Some of its popular courses for Bachelor degrees or Baccalaureate are Administration, Accounting, Communication, Finance, Sciences.
Teluq University Application Process
The university accepts admission applications all around the year provided that the students fulfill the following criteria:
Undergraduate student admission
Application Portal : Apply online at the official website.
Application Fee : 82 CAD (Non- reimbursable)
Basic Admission Requirements : Students need to submit the following documents along with the application for admission :
- Official academic transcripts of all the previously attended institutions
- French proficiency test score(minimum 60% test score)
- Valid passport (for international candidates)
- Knowledge of college level mathematics
- Authorized financial statement
Admission deadlines : Winter : August 12 Summer: December 16, Fall: February 17
Graduate student admission requirements
- Students are requested to submit the following documents to take admission in graduate programs in academic fields like finance, business administration Education, Management etc. However the requirements differ according to various academic fields.
- French language proficiency
- English language proficiency
- Official transcripts of undergraduate degree( Cumulative average of at least 3.0 out of 4.3 or equivalent)
- Copy of undergraduate degree
- Knowledge of college level mathematics ( required in some fields)
- Letter of intent and prior experience in the relevant field
French Proficiency Requirement
Candidates must be fluent in speaking and writing the French language to get admission to the university. It is compulsory for all the aspirants to qualify the French Test conducted by the university.
- The minimum qualifying marks required to pass the French Proficiency Test is 60% and obtained at least 20 out of 40 points.
If one fails to qualify the test he/she has to fulfill the following conditions:
- Uniform test of French at the college level
- Passed MEES French Test get admission to university studies
- Obtained a Degree from a French University recognized by the Universite Teluq
- Qualified French Proficiency Test conducted by the French-speaking Quebec University
- Completed FRA 1002 or FRA 3005 or any equivalent recognized the course
How, when and where to Apply?
Aspirants shall register online to get admission to any desired course. Once, the registration is completed then the students shall apply for a particular course. Admission begins upon receipt of documents within 4-6 weeks. Follow the following process of application:
- Visit the official website of the university
- Register yourself for the course of your choice
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of CAD 81 through credit card (Visa or Mastercard)
- Once it is accepted, you will be notified through a mail to submit the documents
- When the documents are verified you will notified through the mail
Teluq University Cost of Attendance
For all the prospective candidates hoping to enroll at the institute in the upcoming sessional year, an estimated cost of living in Canada has been tabulated below.
|Admission fee||CAD 82|
|Tution||CAD 2,328- CAD 7,228|
|Student services fees||CAD 4.22 per credit|
|Donation to the Teluq Fund ( All students registered to a program required to pay this)||CAD 10 per quarter|
|Overhead costs||CAD 59.42|
|Technology costs||CAD 5.49 per credit|
|Books and Supplies||1,500 CAD|
- Teluq University provides financial aid as scholarships in Canada for international students who submit proper documentation of their need for financial support.
- Students applying for undergraduate, graduate or baccalaureate programs must submit their application for financial aid at the time of admission.
- Maximum of CAD1, 400 is granted by the university to the students who have low income and cannot afford their university education .
The scholarships offered for students are :
- Excellence Scholarship : This scholarship is offered to the students enrolled in certificate, graduate or undergraduate programs based on their excellent academic record :
- 1st cycle : 3 scholarships of CAD3, 000 each
- 2 nd cycle : 5 scholarships of CAD 3,000 each
- Success Scholarship : Offered to all the students pursuing Masters with dissertation and doctorate.
- Masters with thesis : CAD 500
- Doctorate : CAD 7,000
- Involvement Scholarship : Offered to students who actively participates in all the ongoing activities of the Teluq University with an amount of CAD 1,000.
- Engagement Scholarship: A scholarship of CAD 1000 is awarded to the students who actively participate in Teluq University activities.
Some other scholarships and financial assistance program offered by the university are :
- Teluq scholarship
- Foundation of the University of Quebec
- Teluq scholarship from the foundation sport- etudes
- AETELUQ scholarship
- Forces AVENIR Program
- Canadian student Financial Assistance Program ( Government Of Canada)
The alumni network of Teluq University is quite strong including famous Olympic medalists and politicians among a few of them.
Some notable aluminum of the university are :
- Sylvie Bernier : Olympic gold medalist in Springboard diving.
- Hugues Fournel : Pan American champion in Kayaker and Olympic athlete.
- France Bonsant : Politician, Former member of the House of Commons of Canada( 2004-2011) .
Teluq university assists students in developing their resume and academic profile so that they can grab career opportunities. There are several job offers provided at the university itself if the students are academically eligible enough.
Application Portal : https://www.teluq.ca/site/en/international-students.php
QS World University
I got to know about the college from a Canadian resident relative who is a marketing director. He recommended me this college for its reputation and brand name in producing-industry-leading talents in various fields of business administration. I had applied to 7 other colleges, but this one was my top priority. I paid the application fee of $81 along with the easy online application.
Course Curriculum :
My course delivered the skills needed by emerging leaders. With a total of 90 credits, some subjects included in my curriculum were business administration, marketing,- accountancy, management, and economics. The course provided me with in-depth knowledge about the subject and helped me gain skills in leadership and management.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary