Teluq University is the only Francophone University in North America. It offers distance education with over 80 programs and 400 courses. Students get Quebec University degree without having to relocate. The distance education gives the flexibility to study from any corner of the world at your own pace while maintaining a good balance between education, work, and personal life.
Why Choose Teluq University?
Teluq University has a well-build reputation across the country. It is considered the best option when it comes to distance education.
Key features at a glance
- It is the only distance education university in Quebec.
- Registration is open all the time and courses are offered every semester: winter, summer, and fall.
- Candidates do not need to travel except for supervised examination conducted close to their home.
- Launched OLMC and MOOC courses on its Ulibre platform with 5,200 registration from nearly 40 countries during the first edition.
- Rlibre: an online publication directory where professors submit their articles and research documents.
- The Sport-Études Alliance helps student-athletes to reconcile their sports with their university studies.
- The university offers special student collaboration program for students with disabilities.
What do students say?
At Teluq University students get the flexibility to study at the comfort of their home with the support of distance education specialists. Students share their unique experience with Teluq:
- Individual and personalized teaching assistance makes it easy for the students to complete their study.
- Apart from imparting distance education the university helps the students to get their work corrected by the specialists.
- The virtual community gives the chance to the students to connect with peers across the globe and expand their knowledge.
|Type of University||Public|
|Number of Undergraduate Students (Full-time)||2,030|
|Number of Graduate students (Full-time)||60|
|Undergraduate Canadian Students Basic Tuition Fee||CAD 2,328 – CAD 7,228|
|Graduate Canadian Students Basic Tuition Fee||CAD 2,298 – CAD 7,228|
|Undergraduate International Students Basic Tuition Fee||CAD 15,943 – CAD 17,305|
|Graduate International Students Basic Tuition Fee||CAD 15,943|
|Test Scores Accepted||French Proficiency Test: Minimum 60%|
Exploring the Campus of Teluq University
Teluq University is located in Quebec, Canada with its two magnificent buildings.
The five-story pavilion serves as the largest public corner of the campus.
Despite being a distance learning university Teluq offers residence to the students. The L-shaped eight-story student residence building provides housing for 500 UQÀM students and guest professors.
The residence rooms are configured in different arrangements including:
- three-bedroom, and
- four X four-bedroom units with a double-height corner common room.
Choose the Best from Different Programs
The university offers 100 programs and nearly 430 remote courses to the aspirants. The distance education provided by the university includes Graduate, Post Graduate, Short-term, Diploma, Graduate Diploma, Certificate, Doctoral program.
- There are total 14 fields of study offered by the university.
- The courses are run in English, French, and Bilingual languages
- Teluq has recently launched 4 new programs including:
- Major in Culture and Written expression
- Short Program in Media
- Post Graduate Diploma in HRM
- Certificate of Preparation CPA
All You Need to Know About the Application Process
Candidates could apply for admission to the courses through the year. Application form must be submitted online through the official website of the university. However, before applying for admission, it is important to fulfill the following conditions:
- Candidates must have a college diploma DEC or equivalent degree
- Should be 21 years old and have experience and knowledge in relevant field of study, or
- Hold a University Degree
- Fluency in French Language
Additionally, there are some special condition apply for certain programs and graduate studies
- Master French language
- Qualify a placement test (second language course)
- Knows the Mathematics of the college
Students shall submit the following supporting documents along with the application:
- Official academic transcript
- French Proficiency Test score
- Valid Passport (for International candidates)
French Proficiency Requirement
Candidates must be fluent in speaking and writing the French language to get admission to the university. It is compulsory for all the aspirants to qualify the French Test conducted by the university.
- The minimum qualifying marks required to pass the French Proficiency Test is 60% and obtained at least 20 out of 40 points.
If one fails to qualify the test he/she has to fulfill the following conditions:
- Uniform test of French at the college level
- Passed MEES French Test get admission to university studies
- Obtained a Degree from a French University recognized by the Universite Teluq
- Qualified French Proficiency Test conducted by the French-speaking Quebec University
- Completed FRA 1002 or FRA 3005 or any equivalent recognized the course
How, when and where to Apply?
Aspirants shall register online to get admission to any desired course. Once, the registration is completed then the students shall apply for particular course. Admission begins upon receipt of documents within 4-6 weeks. Follow the following process of application:
- Visit the official website of the university
- Register yourself for the course of your choice
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of CAD 81 through credit card (Visa or Mastercard)
- Once it is accepted, you will be notified through a mail to submit the documents
- When the documents are verified you will notified through the mail
Scholarships and Financial Aid to Help Students Fund their Education
The university offers financial assistance of up to maximum CAD 1,400 to the students who are living in precarious conditions. To get the financial assistance candidate shall apply online.
Eligibility to get financial assistance:
Candidates shall comply with the following eligibility criteria to get the financial assistance.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Lives in Quebec
- Admitted to a course in Teluq University
- Do not have a criminal record
- Have low family income
However, the university holds the right to withdraw the financial assistance if the academic record of the student reveals irregularity in the progression of the course.
Scholarships offered by the university are listed below:
- Success Scholarship: Total of CAD 500 is offered to the Post Graduate students and CAD 7,000 is awarded to the Doctoral students on the submission of the final thesis.
- Excellence Scholarship: It is offered to the students enrolled in certificate, undergraduate or Graduate programs.
- 1st Cycle: 3 scholarships of CAD 3,000 each
- 2nd Cycle: 5 Scholarships of CAD 3,000 each
- Engagement Scholarship: A scholarship of CAD 1000 is awarded to the students who actively participate in Teluq University activities.
Some other scholarships and financial assistance programs offered by the university are:
- TELUQ Scholarship
- TELUQ Scholarship from the Foundation Sport-Etudes
- AETELUQ Scholarship
- Forces AVENIR Program
- Canadian Student Financial Assistance Program (Government of Canada)