Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students have to complete a minimum average of 70% (on a 50% passing scale) on five high school admission subjects required by the program of study at the Grade 12-level (or equivalent).
- All five admission subjects must be above the minimum passing grade.
- A GPA of 3.0/4.0 or it's equivalent in the last two years of study is required.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Complete International Baccalaureate (IB) or Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
- Secured a minimum of 70% marks in one of these certificates: All India Senior School Certificate, Higher Secondary School Certificate, Intermediate Certificate, Indian School Certificate.
- Completed grade 11 and grade 12 with 70% marks.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and/or volunteer experience.
- Transcripts: Submit a school transcript that shows all of the high school courses students have already taken and grades they have already received, as well as courses still in progress.
- Reference Form/Letter: Three reference forms and letters of recommendation completed and uploaded by referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) directly to the online portal.
- Statement of Intent: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL, or other test scores.
VISA & Work Study
- A student VISA is required to study in Canada and work on-campus and off-campus.
- The Student VISA is usually valid for the length of the study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- International applicants who are applying for a Student Visa are required to have TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) or eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) for entry in Canada.
- Following are the required documents for Students visa applications:
- Application for Study Permit
- Letter of acceptance
- Proof of financial support
- Passport photos
Students must have a work-study visa to work in Canada and students from the University of Alberta can work both on-campus and off-campus.
On-Campus: Students can work on-campus. The jobs available for students are UAlberta offices like interns, assistants, receptionists, and Stores and restaurants, UAlberta bookstores, UAlberta libraries, Coffeeshops. Students can work on-campus and up to 20 hours a week.
Off-Campus: Students can also work off-campus. The jobs available for students are companies in their field of studies, Banks, Restaurants, and Stores. Students can work off-campus and up to 20 hours a week.
Career and Placement after Course
Possible career opportunities are:
- Finance Manager
- Financial Planner
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Auditor
- Investment Banking Analyst
- Investor Relations Associate