Master of Engineering [M.Eng] (Engineering Management)
Offered by Faculty of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies, University of Ottawa
International Student Tution
- Master of Engineering in Engineering Management is a 2 years program at the University of Ottawa.
- This program offers a Master of Engineering in Engineering Management and a Graduate Diploma in Engineering Management.
- The program is supervised by a committee composed of representatives from the Telfer School of Management and of the Faculty of Engineering.
- In this program, the main areas of research in:
- Production and operations management
- Robotics and manufacturing management
- Reliability and maintainability engineering
- Human resource management, industrial and technology marketing
- Technical project management and control
- Research and development and innovation management
- Operation research
- The objective of this program is to develop the knowledge and skills of engineers and scientists in the management of people, projects, resources, and organizations in technical environments.
- In accordance with the University of Ottawa regulation, students have the right to complete their assignments, examinations, research papers, and theses in French or in English.
- The International Outlook of this Program is 89.6%.
- The student to teacher ratio is 12:1 which helps increase in interaction between professors and students.
- The majority of the classes have 20 students which boost Students Performance.
- The Salary of the graduates will be between 38,322 USD - 50,358 USD.
- The Employment rate after graduation is 92.8%.
- To apply for any Scholarship a student must have at least 80% marks.
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Applicants have a bachelor’s degree with a specialization or major in engineering or in science (or equivalent) with a minimum admission average of 70% (B).
- Need to have maintained a CGPA of at least 7.7/10 to be invited for an interview.
- The students must be able to understand and fluently speak the language of instruction (French or English) in the program. Proof of linguistic proficiency may be required at the time of admission.
- The students whose official language is not English must submit the English Language Proficiency scores like IELTS or TOEFL.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The students must have completed 10th and intermediate i.e 12th grade which has mathematics courses with 70% marks.
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum admission average of B+ (75%).
- Applicants need to have maintained a CGPA of at least 7.7/10 to be invited for an interview.
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate - The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the higher secondary education.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
6.5 / 9
Avg. Score in
80 / 120
Avg. Score in
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year/head||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Living expenses||$ 2,990|
Round University Ranking 2020
Ranked #135/ 750
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Ontario Graduate Scholarship|| $10,847 || Yes || N/A |
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 19 Feb, 2021 |
|FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship|| $20,000 || Yes || N/A |
|Ontario Graduate Fellowship|| $8,459 || Yes || N/A |
|Aga khan Foundation Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 31 Mar, 2020 |
|Ellis R. Ott Scholarship for Applied Statistics and Quality Management|| Variable || Yes || 01 Apr, 2020 |
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program|| $150 || Yes || N/A |
|Go Clean Scholarship|| $3,500 || Yes || 31 Dec, 2020 |
|BrokerFish International student scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 21 Dec, 2020 |
|VueVille Future Technology Scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 30 Sep, 2020 |
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship|| $1,385 || Yes || 30 Apr, 2020 |
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 09 Mar, 2020 |
|Bharat Petroleum Scholarship 2020|| Variable || Yes || N/A |
|Paul Foundation scholarships|| $20,174 || Yes || N/A |
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 30 Aug, 2020 |
VISA & Work Study
- Student Visa and Visitor Visa (Optional) are required to study in Canada.
- The Student visa is a document that the Canadian government issues that allow foreign nationals to study at institutions in Canada.
- A student visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days lets the student prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend their stay.
- The cost of the student visa is 113 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- Work Part-time during the academic year to earn around 2,250 USD.
- Work Full time during the summer months to earn close to 4,500 USD.
The Applications are to be submitted on the university page for the future work term.
- Spring/Summer term - March 14 to June 13
- Fall term - August 1 to October 10
- Winter term - December 1 to January 31
Some jobs available on campus are:
- Student ambassador
- Student mentor
- Research assistant
- Assistant editor
- Assistant fundraising officer
- Theatre costume assistant