Bachelor of Music [B.Mus]
International Student Tution
- The University of Saskatchewan offers a Bachelor of Music with a duration of 4 years (8 semesters).
- This course is offered on a full-time and part-time basis also.
- This program is provided both on-campus and off-campus.
- In this program, students will study performance, composition, music theory, history and literature, and will participate in ensembles.
- Through this program, students will develop advanced skills with applied study in piano, voice, brass, winds, strings, or percussion.
- Students will examine the history of music which will provide a rich perspective into music, composers’ lives, and their contributions to musical traditions, styles, genres, and forms of composition.
- Student can take the following featured classes while pursuing this program:
- Concert Band
- Choral Pedagogy
- Music of Classical Period
- The faculty and student ratio for this program are 1:17.
- The average salary goes up to 54,000 USD after completing this program.
- At the University of Saskatchewan, there are more than 25000 students that have come from over 130 countries.
- This university offers more than 130 programs, it has 13 colleges, 6 affiliated colleges, and three graduate schools under it.
- They offer multiple scholarships, around $13 million are provided for scholarships, bursaries, and awards.
- It ranked at #401 by the survey reports of Times World University Ranking, 2020 in the world, and 16-18 in Canada.
- The university comprises of 3 campuses spread in the area of 2,425 acres across the regions of Saskatoon, Regina, and Prince Albert.
|Degree Type Offered|| Bachelor |
|Fees||$ 61,460 for 4 years |
|Delivery Type||Full Time|
|Admission Intake|| Fall (Deadline - Jul 01)|
|Language Proficiency|| IELTS,TOEFL|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Required grade 12 classes and a minimum grade of 70% is required in each of these courses:
- Foundations of Mathematics 30 or
- Pre-Calculus 30
- Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants, whose first language is not English.
- Admission is offered on an ongoing basis until all seats are filled.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The student has graduated from senior secondary school or equivalent (those applying for a postgraduate program must have graduated from a university or college).
- Minimum 4 major subjects in 12th Grade, including English, with an average of 70% and no course less than 65%.
Required Document List
Required Documents are:
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Certificates: Certificates like High School or University/College Certificates are to be submitted of education qualification.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and volunteer experience.
- Test Results: Provide proof of English proficiency, if English is not the first language in student country, as proof of IELTS/TOEFL result scores is to be submitted.
6.5 / 9
Avg. Score in
86 / 120
Avg. Score in
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Times Higher Education 2020
Ranked #401/ 401
Arts [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 21 Dec, 2020 |
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship|| $1,385 || Yes || 30 Apr, 2020 |
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 30 Aug, 2020 |
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 19 Feb, 2021 |
|Go Clean Scholarship|| $3,500 || Yes || 31 Dec, 2020 |
|VueVille Future Technology Scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 30 Sep, 2020 |
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program|| $150 || Yes || N/A |
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- A student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- The student must have a student visa to enroll in any degree, program, or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Student VISA.
- A student VISA is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- On-campus working options are available for full-time students.
- In case, an institution has campuses in different cities, students must not work on the campus where they are enrolled full-time.
- Working as a teaching or research assistant at a library, hospital, or research facility affiliated with the institution is also an option for students
- An International student with a valid student visa is eligible to work off-campus while completing studies.
Career and Placement after Course
Some career opportunities include:
- School/private studio teacher
- Music technologist
- Recording engineer
- Studio director