The Fourth List for MA Economics Admission have been released on December 21. Check MA Economics 4th Merit List. The Third Merit List for MA Economis Admission was released on December 15. Second List for MA Economics Admission at DSE have been released on November 25, 2021. Applicants can Check Here for details.
Delhi School of Economics (DSE), established in 1949, is a public college affiliated to the University of Delhi. The institute is highly reputed and is considered among the best Economics institutes in India.
The Faculty houses multiple departments of Delhi University such as- Economics, Sociology, Geography, and Commerce. Currently, Delhi School of Economics offers B.A, M.A, M.Com, MBA, M. Phil and Ph.D. in various disciplines.
- Candidates who have scored at least 60% for BA (H) degree in Economics from Delhi University are eligible for direct admission.
- Students applying for UG courses must have scored at least 40% marks in the 10+2 qualifying exams. Admission will be granted on the basis of merit.
- Candidates who have scored at least 60% for any graduate or postgraduate degree in any subject other than Economics from an Indian university recognized by Delhi University are eligible for admission through the admission test mode.
- For the entrance examination, candidates should be familiar with microeconomics, macroeconomics, statistics and mathematical methods at the level of the first year of MA in Economics. The examination will consist only of MCQs. There will be negative marking for wrong answers.
- Admission to all PG courses will be granted on the basis of merit or the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam. All PG candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in UG qualifying examinations.
- To apply for M.Phil or PhD, applicants have to access a Web Portal of Delhi University. Here they can register themselves and also gather essential information about eligibility conditions. Applying to the PhD and M.Phil courses involves two steps.
- Admission to the doctorate programs will be done on the basis of an Entrance Exam or a Written Test followed by a Personal Interview.
- First, the candidate has to register on the web portal and take an entrance examination. Some categories are exempted from the examination. They must include a 1,500-word synopsis of a proposed research topic as part of their application.
- The Department of Commerce offers an MBA under two specializations namely, International Business and Human Resource Development. Admission to the program will comprise of: The minimum cutoff remains around 90+%ile in CAT every year. There is no sectional cut-off.
- Based on performance in the entrance examination, a certain number of candidates are shortlisted for a second stage of assessment, which includes an interview.
Considering the placements where the average CTC ranges around INR 10 LPA, and the fees (INR 34,000 approx for the entire MBA course), it offers a high ROI. The Department has a huge alumni network and provides above-average placements, Some of the prominent recruiters include Deloitte, Reliance Industries, Genpact, Infoedge, Amazon, Infosys, Tata Power, Godrej, etc.
DSE Delhi Admission Highlights 2021
|Name of the Institute||Delhi School of Economics|
|Type of Institute||Public|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit/Entrance-based|
|Name of Entrance Exam||CAT: MBA|
|Application Fee||MBA: INR. 2000/-|
|UG: INR. 250/-|
|PG: INR. 750/-|
|Ph.D./M.Phil: INR. 500/-|
- CAT Score
- Past Academic Performance
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview