AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre was founded in the year 2002 in Mangalore, Karnataka. The Institute is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science (RGUHS), Bangalore.
The Institute offers MBBS/ MD/ MS/ M.Ch. / DM and Paramedical courses. MBBS program is of five-year duration with 150 seats, MD, MS and Diploma courses are of two-year duration with fifteen, four and three specializations respectively.
AJ Institute of Medical Sciences also offers super specialty courses in M.Ch of three-year duration and DM in Cardiology program of two-year duration. Paramedical courses includes B.Sc. of three-year duration with eleven specializations and M.Sc. program of three-year duration with four specializations.
- Selection of the candidates for admission to MBBS is done on the basis of NEET UG.
- Admission to MD, MS, and Diploma courses is given through NEET PG and to M.Ch. & DM course is given based on NEET SS.
- Admission to Paramedical courses (B.Sc. & M.Sc.) is given on the basis of candidates merit in the qualifying examination and score obtained in the personal interview round conducted by the Institute.
- Applicants who have passed 10+2 with English as a compulsory language and Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as optional subjects with minimum 50% marks in aggregate are eligible to get admission in MBBS programs.
- Those who have MBBS Degree or equivalent Degree from RGUHS, Bangalore or any other recognized University/ Institute are considered eligible for admission to MD, MS and Diploma program.
- Minimum eligibility requirement for admission to M.Ch. is MS Degree.
- For DM program, candidates with MD Degree are eligible to get admission.
- Students who have passed Pre-University Examination conducted by RGUHS, Bangalore with English as a compulsory language and Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects are eligible to get admission in B.Sc.
- To get admission in M.Sc. program, candidates must have B.Sc. MLT Degree.
Highlight Table of AJ Institute of Medical Sciences
|Name of the Institute||AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance and Merit Based|
|Name of the entrance||NEET UG/ PG/ SS|