Deshbandhu college is a government college, established in the year 1952 by the Ministry of Rehabilitation. In 2020, it is ranked 96th across India by National Institutional Ranking Framework. This college is approved by the Delhi University and is affiliated to University Grants Commission. It offers courses like B.A, B.Sc, B.Com, M.Sc, M.A, M.Com courses in various disciplines spanning History, Languages, Economics, Political science, Commerce along all the major branches of Mathematics and Science. The college has over 2000 students. The college admission is done only through the online college portal. The Undergraduate courses admission are based on the Merit of the last qualifying students. The college provided its students with good placement facilities.
Deshbandhu College Delhi Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1952 | Government|
|Approved by||Delhi University|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Courses Offered||B.A, B.Sc, B.Com, M.Sc, M.A, M.Com|
|Deshbandhu College Cut off 2020||BA (H) Economics: 95.25 | B.Com (H): 95.25 | B.Sc (H) Physics: 96.00|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Genpact, Collegedunia|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
Deshbandhu College Delhi Courses
Deshbandhu college offers 17 UG courses and 6 PG courses. The eligibility and fees of the courses are mentioned in the below table:
|B.A||Economics, Hindi, English, Political Science, Sanskrit||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with not less than 50% marks
Duration: 3 years
|B.Sc||Biochemistry, Maths, Botany, Physics, Chemistry|
|M.Sc||Mathematics||Eligibility: Graduate with not less than 45% marks
Duration: 2 years
|M.A||Political Science, Hindi, English, Sanskrit|
Click here Deshbandhu College Fees
Deshbandhu College Delhi Admission
The admission in Deshbandhu college is purely merit-based of the last qualifying exam by the candidates. The eligibility marks are calculated from the mark of one language + three academic/ elective subjects.
How to Apply?
The admission to the postgraduation course is done by direct applying to the college department.
- Register on the online portal with a valid email ID and phone number. Follow through with OTP, personal username, and password
- Fill up the form with correct details and upload the required documents and pay the application fee online.
- After the declaration of the cutoff marks, the candidates must revisit their online portal and choose the courses, they are eligible for.
- Documents required are class X examination certificate, class X and XII mark sheets, character certificate, class XII provisional certificate, ST/SC Certificate, OBC Certificate, Transfer Certificate from school along with the migration certificate and three passport size photographs self-attested by the student.
Deshbandhu College Admission Dates 2020
|Registration Begin for UG / PG Courses||20 Jun 2020|
|Last Date to Apply for PG Courses||18 Jul 2020|
|Class XII Marks Updation Last Date||09 Aug 2020 – 05 Oct 2020|
|Last Date for UG Registration||31 Aug 2020|
|DUET Applications Available||20 Jun - 31 Aug 2020|
|DUET Admit Card (Released)||29 Aug 2020|
|DUET Exam Date||06 Sep - 11 Sep 2020|
|UG / PG DUET 2020 Answer Key (Released)||26 Sep 2020|
|First Cutoff Release Date||10 Oct 2020|
|Admission Against First Cutoff||12 Oct 2020 – 14 Oct 2020|
|Fee Payment Deadline (First List)||16 Oct 2020 (Upto 11:59 p.m.)|
|Second Cutoff Released||17 Oct 2020|
|Third Cutoff Released||24 Oct 2020|
|Fourth Cutoff Released||31 Oct 2020|
|Fifth Cutoff Released||7 Nov 2020|
|First List for PG 2020 Admissions Released||18 Nov, 2020|
|DU Special Cutoff (Released)||23 Nov, 2020|
|Admission in Special Cutoff||24 Nov, 2020 – 25 Nov, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||27 Nov, 2020|
|Sixth Cutoff Released||28 Nov, 2020|
|Admission Against Sixth Cutoff||29 Nov, 2020 – 2 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (6th Cutoff Admission)||4 Dec, 2020|
|Seventh Cutoff Released||5 Dec, 2020|
|Admission Against Seventh Cutoff||7 Dec, 2020 – 9 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (7th Cutoff Admission)||11 Dec, 2020|
Deshbandhu College Cut Off 2020
|Courses||1st Cut off||2nd Cut off||3rd Cut off||4th Cut off||5th Cut off||6th Cut Off||7th Cut Off|
|BA (H) Economics||95.25||Closed||94.75||94.25||Closed||Closed||92.50|
|BA (H) English||94.00||93.00||92.00||Closed||91.25||Closed||Closed|
|BA (H) Hindi||80.00||79.75||79.00||79.00||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|BA (H) History||90.00||89.50||89.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|BA (H) Political Science||92.00||Closed||92.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|BA (H) Sanskrit||58.00||58.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|B.Sc (H) Biochemistry||92.00||Closed||92.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|B.Sc (H) Botany||90.00||89.00||88.33||79.00||86.33||Closed||Closed|
|B.Sc (H) Chemistry||95.00||94.00||93.66||Closed||90.00||Closed||Closed|
|B.Sc (H) Mathematics||94.00||Closed||93.50||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|B.Sc (H) Physics||96.00||93.00||Closed||Closed||92.00||91.00||Closed|
|B.Sc (H) Zoology||91.00||90.00||Closed||94.50||Closed||89.00||88.00|
|B.Sc Applied Physical Sciences with Industrial Chemistry||89.00||87.00||85.00||-||84.00||83.00||81.00|
|B.Sc (Prog.) Life Science||90.00||88.00||87.00||-||86.66||85.66||83.00|
|B.Sc (Prog.) Physical Science with Chemistry||88.00||87.00||86.33||-||85.66||83.00||82.00|
|B.Sc (Prog.) Physical Science with Computer Science||89.00||88.66||88.33||-||86.00||Closed||Closed|
Deshbandhu College Delhi Placement
The Placement Cell of Deshbandhu College actively works for the bright future of the students. There are some highly experienced teachers and some bright students as coordinators in the placement cell. In order to make the students’ placement ready, this college conducts motivation seminars, seminars on Digital Marketing, etc. Here are the companies that visited the campus during 2019-2020, and offered the following post and salary package:
|Genpact||Financial Accounting, Banking Financial Service||INR 2 to 2.75|
|Wipro||Customer Service Specialist||INR 3 to 3.5|
|Iconic Fashion||Fashion Consultant||INR 3.5|
|Amazon||Associate Customer Support||INR 3|
|Acadecraft, CollegeDunia||Subject Matter Expert||INR 2.5 to 3.5|
|Densat||Business Development Personnel||INR 2.4 + incentives|
Know more: Deshbandhu College Delhi Placement
Deshbandhu College Delhi Scholarship
Deshbandhu College offers scholarships to its students base on merit. Scholarships are meant to encourage the students to improve their academics. Below given is the list of scholarships provided by the college:
- Baba Sohan Singh Memorial Scholarship: The students of Mathematics of 1st year are eligible for this scholarship. The annual amount that they are is INR 480.
- Shrimati Devaki Rani Memorial Scholarship: All the students of the Science course are eligible for this scholarship. Those who have applied will get INR 480 rupees annually.
- Shrimati Jamuna Devi Memorial Scholarship: The first-year students of the English Department are eligible for this scholarship. They get INR 600 as scholarships annually.
- Late Seema Saxena Kul Shrestha Memorial Scholarship: Two female toppers with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the final year in Commerce are eligible for this scholarship, and the annual amount of scholarship is INR 2,250.
Read more Deshbandhu College Scholarship
Deshbandhu College Delhi Facilities
Deshbandhu College offers the following facilities to its students, so as to smoothen their lives at college.
- Banking: Students can use the Punjab and Sind bank facilities.
- Canteen: There is a canteen at this college. It provides delicious food during college hours.
- Girls Common Room: There is a girl's room, with a female security guard.
- Parking: This college provides a big parking space for the staff and the students
- Photocopier: A photocopy facility is available adjacent to the Library.
- Library: This College has a modern and well-equipped library consisting of a wide range of books on various subjects.
- Web access center: There is Wi-fi enabled in the whole college campus, and the web access center offers the students and the staff to access the online journal and university content on its internet.
- Placement Cell: This college offers great placement opportunities is that looked after by the placement cell of the college.
Click here Deshbandhu College Hostel
Deshbandhu College Delhi Faculty
Deshbandhu college aims to enrich students with knowledge and provide them a bright future. With this aim, they have highly qualified and experienced teaching staff. Every department consists of a Head of Department (HOD), few associate faculty, and few assistant professors. There is almost 70+ teaching staff in the college.
Deshbandhu College Delhi FAQs
Ques. What is the admission preview at Deshbandhu college?
Ques. Are there any hostel facilities available for the students?
Ques. Is the college easily reachable?
Ques. Is there any provision for the online payment of fees?
Ques. Does the college provide distance education?
Ques. How to select Generic Elective papers?
Ans. Generic Elective (GE) papers are offered to the students in the semester I, II, III, and IV. The GE papers being offered by various departments of the college are floated on the college website.
Ques. Are students provided scholarships at Deshbandhu College?
Ans. Yes, the students are provided scholarships at the college. The students are offered the following scholarships:
- Sports & Co-Curricular Activities
Ques. Can I apply for foreign language courses besides the main graduation course? If yes, how?
Ans. Yes, the candidate can apply for a diploma in foreign language courses along with their graduation course. For this, visit the website of the particular college to take admission to the diploma course.
Ques. Does the college have a hostel facility?
Ans. No, the college does not have a hostel facility presently. Students need to look for PGs around the college.
Ques. Does the college provide a bank facility?
Ans. The college has services from Punjab and Sind bank. Students can open their account as well as take advantage of other banking facilities.