Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh is one of the well known medical institutes of the North East Region of India. Established as Berry White Medical School in 1900 by British Philanthropist Sir John Berry White, the institute became a full-fledged government-approved Assam Medical College in 1947. The college is affiliated to Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences (SSUHS) Dibrugarh University. The institute has been ranked 62 in the list of government institutes.it has been rated AAA+ by the Medical Council of India with a score of 273.5.
One of the key features of AMC is that it is a very easily accessible college from the airports, railway stations and bus terminus. It is on its way to becoming a super-specialty medical institution and is going under massive graduation of its infrastructure with financial assistance from different Government and Non-Government organizations. Some of the notable alumni of AMC include Dr. Dhrubajyoti Bora, a renowned Assamese writer and novelist.
Assam Medical College Dibrugarh Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1900 | Government|
|Approved By||Medical Council of India|
|Affiliation||Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences (SSUHS) Dibrugarh University|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MD, PG Diploma, MS|
|Campus Area||450 Acres|
|Communication||8 Km from Dibrugarh Railway Station 14.7 Km from Dibrugarh Airport|
Assam Medical College Dibrugarh Courses
The college offers a total of 28 courses across 1 stream. The below-listed courses are among the most sorted and popular by the students across the country and the state as well.
|MBBS||Undergraduate Modern Medicine Doctor||Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: Intermediate Graduate with 50% and NEET-UG merit rank
|MD||General Medicine, Biochemistry, Radiology||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: MBBS from any recognized college and NEET-PG merit rank
|MS||Obstetrics, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, E.N.T.|
Assam Medical College Dibrugarh Admission
The college offers MBBS degrees at the undergraduate level, MD and MS degrees at postgraduate level to the candidates aspiring to pursue their career in the fields of medical science. Admission to MBBS is done on the basis of the marks obtained in NEET UG and the admissions in the PG are through the NEET PG conducted by NBE.
How to Apply?
- Register on the official website of NEET for UG or PG exam, appear for the exam and get merit rank
- Candidates need to fill the application form available on the college website and submit all documents.
- Check your name if shortlisted.
- Complete the admission process by paying relevant fees.
Assam Medical College Dibrugarh Placement
The college does not provide any direct placements to the students. However, every student of the college is provided with a year-long internship program in the home state that is Assam itself. The students can choose either from government or private companies to apply for jobs and internships. The lowest salary offered would be INR 35,000 to INR 1 lakh+, depending upon the duties performed by the student.
Assam Medical College Dibrugarh Scholarship
Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh offers various types of scholarships to provide financial assistance to the students having financial issues so that their education is not at stake. Students are provided financial assistance from the funds meant for poor students, under the supervision of the Dean of the Students’ Welfare.
Some other scholarships offered are as follows:
- MNAF for Minority M.Phil / PhD Scholars
- Rajiv Gandhi scholarships for SC/ST students.
- ICSSR Scholarship
- JRF/SRF scholarship
- INSPIRE scholarship
Assam Medical College Dibrugarh Facility
The 450 acres college offers numerous facilities including indoor and outdoor sports facilities, canteens, ATMs, etc. The academic facilities include laboratories, libraries, wifi across the campus providing access to the internet facilities through PCs and laptops. The facilities have been further classified below:
- Campus-wide university network: It consists of state of the art networking equipment capable of providing high bandwidth with 1 Gbps fiber backbone at the distribution level to provide connectivity to all departments and faculties.
- Central Instrumentation Laboratory: Established in the year 2007 with the fundings provided by UGC. The aim is to provide analytical instrumentation support to all science departments, laboratories, etc. It also provides teaching support to the Postgraduate levels of the science departments of the university.
- Library: The Library was established as a central facility for meeting the information requirements of the academic community. The library is open for 12 hours during the working days and remains closed on day-offs. Its present collection consists of 39,787 medical books out of which textbooks and reference books are 21,302. The library also has a collection of 9,956 back volumes of journals and 2,446 theses presented by the postgraduate students of the Institute for which it has a separate section on the top floor of the building.
- Hostel: The infrastructure has separate hostels for boys (8 hostels) and girls (5 hostels) respectively with 24*7 water and electricity flow. There is no hostel fee charged. INR 1500 is charged per month for food services. There are various cricket and volleyball tournaments conducted at each hostel along with gym facilities for both boys and girls respectively.
- Other Facilities: The college has an associated hospital for the students. Along with it, there are sports facilities, a canteen for staff and students, a large auditorium, and department-based laboratories.
Click here Assam Medical College Dibrugarh Hostel
Assam Medical College Dibrugarh Faculty
The Assam Medical College has highly competent and talented faculty members who are brilliantly doing the best they can to provide the students with a well-facilitated medical career that they aspire to have:
- Professor: 49
- Associate Professor: 59
- Assistant Professor: 99
Assam Medical College Dibrugarh FAQs
Ques. How much should I score in NEET to qualify for Assam Medical College?
Ques. Does AMC have its own entrance exam?
Ques. Does the college provide scholarships?
Ques. Is it approved by MCI?
Ques. Why should one apply to this college?