Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College was established in the year 1871 at Pune, Maharashtra. The college is recognized by MCI and is affiliated to the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik. It was ranked at 18th place by The Week in the list of best Medical Colleges in India. Presently, BJMC Pune offers the MBBS, B.Sc. & BPMT at the UG level, MD, MS, PG Diploma at the PG level, and also super specialty courses like M.Ch. & DM. The aim of this college is to produce excellent doctors by imparting knowledge and skills in the field of medical science.
BJMC Pune Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1871 | Public|
|Affiliation||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Doctoral|
|Entrance Exam||NEET-UG, NEET-PG, NEET-SS|
BJMC Pune Courses
The College offers UG, PG & Super speciality programs in the field of medical sciences. The courses with details are mentioned below:
|MBBS||-||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as subjects|
|MD||General Medicine, Anaesthesiology, Paediatrics, Pathology, Radiology, Ophthalmology, Chest & Tuberculosis, Skin & Dermatology Venereology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Preventive Social Medicine, Psychiatry, Anatomy, Forensic Medicine||MBBS|
|M.S||Obstetrics and Gynaecology, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, ENT, Ophthalmology|
|M.Ch./DM||Cardio-Thoracic Surgery||MD / MS in relevant discipline|
|PG Diploma||Maternal & Child Health, Geriatric Medicine||Master's degree in relevant discipline|
Read more: BJMC Pune Courses & Fees
BJMC Pune Admission
The admissions to this institute are purely on the basis of entrance tests. For UG admission students have to qualify NEET-UG and for PG admission students need to qualify NEET-PG. Selection will be based on his/her performance in the entrance tests.
Admission to super speciality courses like M.Ch., DM is done based on scores obtained by the candidates on NEET-SS
- Visit the official website of NEET-UG/NEET-PG/NEET-SS
- Click on apply.
- Register yourself with your basic details.
- Proceed to fill the application form.
- Pay the prescribed fees.
- Appear and qualify NEET-UG/ NEET-PG/ NEET-SS successfully.
Read more: BJMC Pune Admission
BJMC Pune Facilities
- Hostel: It offers hostels for girls, boys, interns, and nursing students. Each hostel provides 24/7 electricity and water supply and also has geysers in washrooms.
- Labs: Well-equipped labs are available with a variety of lab instruments. Labs are spacious with continuous water and electricity supply.
- Library: The library has different sections. Each section consists of a wide range of books on various subjects of medical sciences. There are also Medical and paramedical journals and magazines.
- Sports Complex: The college playground has been given a facelift and an indoor stadium is there in place for sportsmen.
Read more: BJMC Pune Hostel
BJMC Pune FAQs
Ques. How many seats are available for MBBS?
Ques. How is Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College?
Ques. What is the application fee of NEET-PG?
Ques. Is there any hospital in Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College?
Ques. What is the fee for MBBS?