Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute was set up in 1955 by the Mysore Education Society. Originally part of the Mysore University and Bangalore University, the institute later got affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The institute has got recognition from the Medical Council of India for undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma courses.
The courses offered by BMCRI are MBBS, MD, MS, B.Sc. Nursing, M.Sc. Nursing, DM and M.Ch. Aside from this, it also offers various diploma programs.
Admissions to the courses will be based on respective entrance examinations. The institute has facilities like hostels, library, and research center.
Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute Highlights
|Established | Type||1955 | Government|
|Also known as||BMCRI|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MS, MD, Paramedical, Diploma courses|
|Admission criteria||Entrance exam|
|Facilities available||Library, hostel, research laboratory|
BMCRI Bangalore Courses
MBBS, MD, MS, B.Sc. Nursing, M.Sc. Nursing, DM & M.Ch. are the major courses offered by the institute. Following are the details regarding courses, durations, and eligibility.
|MBBS||Duration- 4.5 Years + 1 Year Internship
Eligibility-50 percent in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
|B.Sc. Nursing||Duration- 4 Years (including 24 Weeks of Internship)
Eligibility- 10+2 from Karnataka State with English with valid Mark's.
|MD/MS||Duration- 3 years
Eligibility- MBBS degree
Subject offered- MD: Physiology, Forensic Medicine, Microbiology, Pathology, Preventive & Social Medicine, Anesthesiology, General Medicine, Pediatrics, Dermatology, Radio Diagnosis, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Radiotherapy, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Psychiatry.
MS: Anatomy, Ear Nose & Throat (ENT), General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics
|B.Sc. Nursing||Duration- 2 Years
Eligibility- a minimum of 55% Mark's in relevant subject (50% for reserved category)
|DM||Duration- 3 Years
Eligibility- MD/MS in the relevant subject. Specialization- Neurology
|M.Ch.||Duration- 3 Years
Eligibility- MS or equivalent in relevant subjects in the regulations of the MCI from time to time.
Specializations- Urology, Plastic Surgery, Surgical Gastroenterology, Pediatric Surgery, Neuro Surgery
|Diploma||Duration- 2 Years Eligibility- 10+2 with relevant subject Subject offered- Radiotherapy, Tuberculosis and chest diseases, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Child health.|
Read More: BMCRI Bangalore Courses & Fee
BMCRI Bangalore Admission
Admission is based on entrance exams. 50 percent of seats are filled through the state entrance exam and the rest through the all India exam.
Admission to MBBS will be based on Karnataka common entrance and aptitude test and All India exam.
Admissions to B.Sc Nursing & M.Sc. Nursing will be done based on the RGUHS rules & regulations.
Admissions to MD/MS program will be provided based on 50 % through state entrance exam and 50 % through all Indian entrance exams.
RGUHS conducts Postgraduate entrance exam for admissions in DM & M.Ch.
For admissions to Diploma courses, Post graduate entrance exam conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and All India entrance exam.
How to Apply?
- Submit forms with a demand draft of Rs 550, for candidates who passed 12th in Karnataka, and Rs 650 for students who passed 12th outside Karnataka.
- Appear for the state level medical entrance exam or the all India entrance exam.
- For the counseling, appear with a copy of the result from the entrance
- Seat allotment letter from the Director General of Health Services or Rajiv Gandhi University for Health Sciences is required for post-graduate admission
- Post-graduate students need to also submit a bond of Rs 100
- Internship completion certification and medical registration certificate should be presented at the time of admission
Read More: BMCRI Bangalore Admission
BMCRI Bangalore Facilities
- Hostel- The college has hostels for boys and girls. While boys have hostels only for undergraduate students, girls can avail of this facility even at the postgraduate level. There are 300 seats in the boys hostel and 88 in the girls hostel.
- Research Center- There is a central research center. The research laboratory can be used at nominal costs. Services like Karyotyping of blood and bone marrow are some of things done at this central research centre.
- Library- There is a two-storey library. Apart from the general library, there is a section with books on SC and ST which can be used only by SC and ST students. Caste certificate needs to be provided to avail this facility.
Read More: BMCRI Bangalore Reviews
BMCRI Bangalore Faculty
All the faculties are doctors. They have tremendous knowledge in the field. However, the teaching style is a bit fast because they have to complete the course. Yet, faculties are available if a student has any doubts.
Read More: BMCRI Bangalore Faculty
BMCRI Bangalore FAQs
Ques. What kind of public health activities does the college do?
Ques. Does the college have sports facilities?
Ques. What is the rent one has to pay to take a room on campus?
Ques. What are the mess charges on campus?