Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences (BRIMS) was established in 2000 and is an autonomous institution of Karnataka. It is accredited by Medical Council of India (MCI) and affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS).
The college offers MBBS as undergraduate course and MD as postgraduate course with various specializations.
Admission to UG and PG courses is done on the basis of NEET UG + KEA Counselling and NEET PG scores respectively. While KEA Counselling is required for Paramedical / Diploma courses. The institute has 400 seats for Undergraduate students and 120 seats for PG students.
Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2000 | Public|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MD, Paramedical|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Campus Area||27805.74 sq mtrs.|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports Complex|
Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences Courses
The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various disciplines. Tabulated below are the details of the courses :
|Course Name||Details||Selection Basis|
|MBBS||Duration: 4.6 years + 1 year internship
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with 50% marks.
|NEET UG + KEA Counselling|
|MD||Specializations: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine Duration: 3 years Eligibility: Candidate needs to have MBBS degree.||NEET PG|
|Diploma / Paramedical||Specializations: CMLT / DMLT; CMXT / DMXT; CHI / DHI; CMRT / DMRT; COTT / DOTT; COT / DOT Duration: 1-2 years Eligibility: Candidates must have passed II PUC in Science subjects.||KEA Counselling|
To get information about fee check Bidar Institute of Medical Science Courses & Fees.
Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences Admissions
Admission to Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences is done on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam. Application forms are to be filled and submitted online. Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria before seeking admissions to any of the courses.
- For MBBS admission, the intermediate graduates with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible to take admission. They must have also cleared NEET UG exam.
- For MD admissions, the aspirants must have Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS) and should have secured a rank in NEET PG. They should have also completed one year of internships.
- For admission to Diploma courses, candidates must have passed 10+2 in Science stream with 50% marks from a recognized board.
For detailed information click on Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences Admission.
Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences Cut Off
The following table is a compilation of 2019 cut offs for final selection to the given courses and their specializations:
|MD Forensic Medicine||2592-2592||-||-|
For previous years cut off click on Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences Cut-Offs.
Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences Placements
Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences offers dedicated hands on training experience to its students. The institute offers guidance in terms of getting jobs. The placement was approximately 10% of the total graduates in between 2015 to 2019. While the others opted to pursue a higher degree in their interest of specialization.
- For UG Courses: The students undergo one year of internships after the completion of their degree.
- For PG Courses: The college places students in various private hospitals who perform well during their training.
Bidar Institute of Medical Science Scholarships
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students and may apply for it at the beginning of the academic year. The candidates receive scholarships under the following categories :
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the EWS may ask for fee concession (depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded to deserving students.
Bidar Institute of Medical Science Faculty
With highly qualified at Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences (BRIMS), the institute is committed to imparting strong educational and training values. The institute has a team of highly skilled staff who have great expertise and a lot of experience in teaching. Every department has permanent staff members and tutors and various other faculties working in the following positions :
- HOD: 15+
- Associate Professors: 20+
- Assistant Professors: 40
Bidar Institute of Medical Science Facilities
The institute offers the facilities which fulfills the needs of the students and faculties. Following are the facilities offered :
- Library: There are 7940 Medical Books, 131 Indian & Foreign Journals, & 474 Medicine CD’s. The Digital Library with Internet and HELINET facilities are also available.
- Auditorium: The institute has air conditioned auditoriums with lift facility. It also has 4 Lecture Hall with 100 seats capacity in each Hall.
- Hostels: There are separate hostel accomodation for both girls and boys. The institute has 7 storey hostel buildings with mess facilities and all the modern amenities.
- Laboratory: The institute has well equipped laboratory with all the required equipment and surgical tools where students are provided hands on training individually.
Read more here: Bidar Institute of Medical Science Reviews.
Ques. What is the mode of NEET examination online or offline ?
Ans. NEET exam is conducted in an offline mode where the students are provided with an OMR sheet to mark the answers.
Ques. What are the regional languages in which NEET Exam is available ?
Ans. The NEET question paper is available in 11 different languages and have to be selected at the time of registration. Apart from English and Hindi various other languages offered are Bengali, Gujrati, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu, Marathi.
Ques. What options are available after MBBS ?
Ans. After MBBS you can continue your education with a higher degree like MD/MS. You can also start working at private and government hospitals. Plenty of jobs are available in Biomedical Companies, Health Centres, Hospitals, Laboratories, Nursing Homes, Polyclinics, Private Practice, etc.
Ques. Is NEET required for admission to paramedical courses ?
Ans. The institute accepts NEET SS to get admission in paramedical course along with other eligibility criteria fulfilment for admission.
Ques. What is the scope of paramedical courses ?
Ans. Paramedical courses are job oriented academic programs where the candidates assist doctors to provide an accurate diagnosis of a disease to allow its best possible treatment. The applicants can take up a job in a Nursing Home, Hospital, Clinics, and Health Departments as well colleges and universities as lecturer, etc. They can also open their own laboratory and clinic.