Government Medical College (GMC) Thrissur situated at Kerala is one of the leading medical institutes of the country having a history of meritorious health care since its establishment. It remains the premier medical institution in this part of the state, providing medical services to patients in three districts of Kerala and areas near Tamil Nadu. It is under the control of the Directorate of Medical Education, Government of Kerala. UG and PG courses are being offered here with the selection criteria being the NEET UG/PG depending upon the opted course.
GMC Thrissur Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1982 | Public|
|Affiliation||Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur|
|Courses Offered||4 with 22 streams|
|Popular Courses||MD, MBBS|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based (NEET)|
|Campus Area||250 acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostels, Canteen, Lab, Transport.|
GMC Thrissur Courses
The college provides 4 main courses with different streams in the UG and PG in the field of medical and health sciences. There are certain Cut-offs for both UG and PG that the students need to score in NEET UG/PG depending upon the seats available and competing aspirants. The details are as follows-
Read more GMC Thrissur Courses and Fee Structure
GMC Thrissur Admission
Students seeking admission to the college must fulfil the eligibility criteria. Admissions are based on the merit in the NEET UG and NEET PG entrance exams. The students need to go through the counselling process after qualifying in NEET.
- For NEET UG, Candidates need to register online at https://ntaneet.nic.in/ntaneet/welcome.aspx
- Application fee could be paid online and offline.
- The application fee is INR 1400 for General and OBC category candidates and for ST/SC candidates, the fee is INR 750.
- For NEET PG, Candidates need to register online at https://cdn3.digialm.com//EForms/configuredHtml/1815/63104//Index.html
- Application fee could be paid online through net-banking or debit/credit card.
- The application fee is INR 3750 for General/OBC category candidates and for ST/SC candidates is INR 2750.
- After clearing any of the both NEET exams, the candidates need to appear for counselling/interview as mandated from time to time.
- Pay the designated fees as per the ranking and finalize your admission.
Read more GMC Thrissur Admission
GMC Thrissur Scholarship
The college provides scholarship on the basis of the needs of the students depending upon their merit. The students can apply for the scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. The categories for availing scholarships are as follows:
- Merit scholarship on college/university level.
- Fee concessions for students belonging to economically weaker sections.
- Merit cum means based scholarship for deserving students.
Read more GMC Thrissur Scholarship
GMC Thrissur Facilities
The college provides all the necessary facilities to the students. The facilities are:
- Magazines- Many magazines subscriptions with Lub Dub, Imperium, Phoenix, Elixir, Magnum, etc. provide various insights to the students.
- Auditorium- There is a huge Auditorium inside the campus providing the place to conduct various events and fests at the college.
- Hostel- The accommodation is provided for both boys and girls whom want to avail it.
- Laboratory- The college has well-equipped and properly established labs for conducting practical sessions for the students to enrich their practical skills.
- Sports space- The sports spaces are there to maintain proper physical and mental health of the students in addition with academics and career.
- Transport-The transport facilities are available to the students to travel to the nearby city Thrissur which is 14 kms away from the campus.
- Miscellaneous Facilities- Facilities like canteens, coffee shop, non-clinical departments, store etc. are also available inside the campus itself. TMCAA (Thrissur Medical College Alumni Association) has launched the famous CME program to provide career development guidance for junior doctors and help doctors across Kerala to pass the MD/MS entrance exam.
Government Medical College Thrissur Faculty
The faculty and staff of the college are very talented and experienced in their respective fields and specializations. The college also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambiance of self-learning to the students.
The total number of professors including permanent and visiting members along with the supporting teaching taking care of 22 subjects is nearly 600.
Government Medical College Thrissur FAQs
Ques. What does Free Exit for NEET counselling round one mean?
Ques. How are the reviews about the college?
Ques. Any research publications published?
Ques. Any non-academic achievements made by the students in the college?
Ques. What is the speciality about the names of the batches at the college?