Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research [HIMSR], was established in 1962, has been consistently among the best medical colleges in India. It has been ranked 4th best in New Delhi and 15th best in the country in the National Institutional Ranking Framework [NIRF] 2019. The institute gives various courses at the undergraduate, postgraduate and postdoctoral levels in the medical field.
At the UG level, it offers MBBS and B.Sc. in 6 specializations. Candidates with 50% in 10+2 with PCB as subjects can apply for the UG courses.
At the PG level, it offers MD/MS in 3 specializations and M.Sc. in 3 specializations. Graduation in a relevant subject is required to apply for these courses. Apart from this, it also offers Ph.D. in 7 research areas.
Since the college is well-reputed consequently, most of the students are recruited before the end of final exams. The Institute is an inherent faculty of the Jamia Hamdard and is situated at Hamdard Nagar, Delhi. The college strives to provide the best quality healthcare facilities at the most affordable prices. Due to its highly experienced and expert faculty of teachers, the college has given some top-notch doctors to the country.
Hamdard Institute Of Medical Sciences and Research Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1962 | Private|
|Accredited by||Medical council of India [MCI]|
|Set By||Founders of Jamia Hamdard|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MS, MD|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam (NEET-UG & NEET-PG)|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, sports, Library, Auditorium, Labs|
HIMSR College Ranking
HIMSR has been ranked 4th best in New Delhi and 15th best in the country in the National Institutional Ranking Framework [NIRF] 2019.
HIMSR College Courses
The institute offers courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels in the medical field. These include B.Sc, M.Sc, MBBS, MD, MS, Diploma courses, and P.hd. There are a total of 38 courses in 20+ different departments of medical line. All other details of the courses, eligibility for the courses, and duration are mentioned below in the table.
|B.Sc||Duration – 3 years
Eligibility – Must have passed 10+2 with 50% in PCB and English
Subjects offered: Medical Laboratory Techniques, Optometry, Cardiology laboratory Techniques, Medical imaging techniques, Operation Theater Techniques, Medical Record & Health Information Management, Dialysis Techniques
|MBBS||Duration – 4 years 6 month
Eligibility – Must have passed 10+2 with aggregate marks of 50% in PCB and English as a compulsory subject
|MD/MS||Duration – 3 years
Eligibility – Must have completed the MBBS course by a recognized university
Subjects Offered – Community medicine, Pathology, and Anatomy
|M.Sc.||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduation in Relevant
Subject Subject Offered: Medical Anatomy, Medical Biochemistry, Medical Pharmacology
|P.hD||Duration – 3 years
Eligibility – Master's degree in the respective field
Subjects offered – Medicine, Pharmacology, Pathology, Medical Biochemistry, Rehabilitation sciences, Medical Physiology, and Medical Microbiology
Read More: HIMSR Courses & Fee
HIMSR College Admission
The institute offers numerous courses in the medical field. The students need to fulfill certain criteria if they are willing to apply for any of the courses.
For Admission to B.Sc courses, The candidates need to give NEET UG exam and according to their score, they will be selected. However, Non-NEET students can also apply. Their selection will be based on the merit of the qualifying exam and interview.
For Admission to MBBS course, The only way to apply to the MBBS course is through qualifying the NEET-UG exam.
For Admission to M.Sc courses, candidates must appear for an Entrance examination and interview conducted by HIMSR.
For Admission to MS/MD, The candidates need to qualify for the NEET PG exam and the selection is based on the score in NEET PG. Seats in all the courses are allotted to the students through centralized rounds of counseling following scores in the entrance exam.
How to apply?
- For Applying, you need to visit the official site of the Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research.
- A short time later, some fundamental data, for example, telephone number and email id of the candidate are required for enrollment.
- At that point select the course you need to seek after.
- At that point, pay the application structure charges of 1212 Rs. through any of the online methods, for example, credit/debit card or Net banking.
- Take a print out of the completed application form and fee receipt for future use.
Read More: HIMSR Admission
HIMSR College Scholarship
The institute offers various scholarships to the students. Students are offered fee waivers too. The scholarships provided at HIMSR are under following criteria:
- Musharraf Hussain Jafri Scholarship
- Syed Abdul Karim Scholarship
- Rais Ahmad Khan Scholarship
- Prof. Syed Wahiduddin Scholarship
- Noorul Hasan Memorial Scholarship
- Late Lady Reshma Parveen Memorial Initiative for Learning & Education Students
- Prof. S.M. Yahya merit cum means Scholarship
Read More: HIMSR Scholarship Details
HIMSR College Facilities
The foundation gives all the essential facilities to the students just as to the workforce. The establishment deals with all the necessities of students to improve a domain for learning. A portion of the facilities are enrolled underneath:-
- Lecture rooms – The lecture rooms are fully air-conditioned with the latest audiovisual equipment. This improves the chances of students to understand in a better way. The Auditorium can hold around 500 students.
- Library – The Library of the institute contains around 7000+ books that include both text and reference books. Apart from books, it has several Indian and foreign journals as well. Every department has a separate library.
- Laboratories – There are present in a total of 8 laboratories for teaching and research purposes. A central research lab is also present in the institute. Every department has its laboratory.
- Hostels – Hostel rooms are also provided to both the boys and girls with a capacity of 200 each. Hostels are located within the campus range of 0.3 km. All other basic facilities are provided in the hostels.
- Anti-Ragging – Ragging is not allowed inside as well as outside the campus. If anyone faces any such activity can report it directly to the anti-ragging committee of the college.
- Sports – Yearly competitions are sorted out for each game. It has a kept up track field for every single physical movement of students. Every single other game fields and courts, for example, football, cricket, hockey, tennis, badminton are available inside the grounds.
Read More: HIMSR Facilities
Ques. How many seats are present for the MBBS course in Hamdard Institute of medical sciences and research?
Ques. How many times can a student attempt for NEET?
Ques. Does the college provide any scholarship?
Ques. What documents are required at the time of seat allotment to students for undergraduate?
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)