Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal was the first private medical college in India established in 1953. It got recognition in 1958 by the Medical Council of India & in 2008 from the Government of India. The institute comes under the aegis of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE). KMC offers degree and doctoral programs in the discipline of Surgery, Medicine, Super Speciality, Forensic Science and many more. Admission is done on the basis of entrance exams and cutoff criteria of the institute.
Kasturba Medical College Highlights
|Affiliated to||MAHE, Manipal|
|Entrance Exam||National: NEET UG, NEET PG, NEET SS|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG & Ph.D|
Kasturba Medical College Ranking
- Ranked 9 for Medical by NIRF 2020.
- Ranked 13 for Medical by Indiatoday 2020.
- Ranked 9 for Medical by The Week 2020.
Kasturba Medical College Courses
KMC offers UG, PG and Ph.D programs in the discipline of Surgery, Medicine, Super Speciality, Forensic Science and many more. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|MBBS||-||10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks + obtained a valid score in NEET UG|
|MD||-||MBBS degree from an Institution / University recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI) and Internship completion date should be on or before 31.03.2020 + obtained a valid score in NEET PG
Candidates holding foreign degree must be registered practitioners in the Country from where they have obtained their degree and must obtain a temporary registration certificate from Medical Council of India (MCI)
|M.Sc (Medical)||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Genetic Counseling, Forensic Science||Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|M.Sc||Clinical Embryology||B.Sc with Reproduction/ Zoology/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioscience/ Physiology with a minimum 60% aggregate marks|
|MCh||Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neuro Surgery, Paediatric Surgery, Urology||MS in General Surgery + obtained a valid score in NEET SS|
|DM||Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Medical Genetics, Nephrology, Neurology||MD in General Medicine or Paediatrics + obtained a valid score in NEET SS|
|Ph.D||Psychiatric Social Work||MSW (Social Work) with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks|
Check: KMC Manipal Courses and Fees
Kasturba Medical College Admission
- Go to the official website.
- Click on ‘Apply’.
- Fill out the form carefully.
- Upload a photograph and signature.
- Select the program and enter your address.
- Select a mode of payment.
- The application fee is INR 600 (for General Category) and INR 2500 (for Foreign/ NRI/ NRI Sponsored Category). Pay it using your preferred means.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of marks obtained in the following entrance exams followed by Statement of Purpose and PI:
Check: KMC Manipal Admission
Kasturba Medical College Scholarships
KMC Manipal awards a scholarship for Post Graduate (PG) students under the following categories
- Kalam-Pai, Freeship and Scholars Scholarship for MBBS & BDS Programs
- Merit Scholarship for MD and MDS Programs
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BTech
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BPharm
- Scholar and Achiever Scholarship for All Other Under Graduate (UG) & Post Graduate (PG) Programs
- Board Toppers Scholarship for All Under Graduate (UG) Programs
- Scholarships for Academy of General Education Students (SAGES)
- Academy of General Education (AGE) Scholarship for AGE Students
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for B.Sc. Nursing students
- Merit Scholarship for BTech (Lateral Entry) students from Manipal Group Polytechnic Institutions
- Merit Scholarships for Foreign / Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Category Students
- Merit Scholarship for Konkani speaking students
- Merit Scholarship for Children of Manipal Alumni
- Scholarship scheme of interest subsidy on education loan for MAHE students
- AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver
- Kadambi scholarship
- ITC scholarship
Kasturba Medical College Faculty
Listed below are some of the departments along with a number of highly experienced faculty members:
- Department of Anaesthesiology - 26 Faculty Members
- Department of Anatomy - 17 Faculty Members
- Department of Biochemistry - 11 Faculty Members
- Department of Cardiology - 6 Faculty Members
- Department of Clinical Embryology - 8 Faculty Members
- Department of Neurosurgery - 5 Faculty Members
Check: KMC Manipal Faculty
Kasturba Medical College FAQs
Ques. What is the teaching methodology at Kasturba Medical College?
Ans. KMC focuses on providing in-depth medical knowledge to its students. The teaching methodologies used here incorporate classroom teaching, practical learning, industrial exposure and field visits.
Ques. How are the facilities at Kasturba Medical College?
Ans. Individual departments under KMC are supported by a state-of-the-art infrastructure for research and clinical experience. Some of them are as follows:
- Laboratories: The Department of Neurology has EEG/ENMG Labs.
- Library: KMC Libraries have excellent resources for reference and study.
- Hospitals: Teaching hospitals give students hands-on learning.
Ques. How secure is the campus of Kasturba Medical College?
Ans. Kasturba Medical College campus is very secure as CCTVs are installed at all the entry and exit points with the deployment of adequate security personnel. The institute has a regular campus patrolling from the security team daily.