Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences - [KIMS] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences is one of the best medical colleges in Karnataka & Bangalore.It is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore and approved by Medical Council of India. The college offers Bachelor and Master Courses in the field of Medical Science
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences was established in 1980 by the Vokkaligara Sangha. The Vokkaligara Sangha took a formal decision on 2nd September 1979 to start a medical college from the year 1980–81 and applied for permission to the registrar, Bangalore University
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences is also recognized by General Medical Council, United Kingdom, World Health Organization, The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, London
- The college has two campuses namely Puram campus & Banashankari campus
- Associate hospital has 810 beds and offers super-specialty services like Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Dermatology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Preventive Medicine, Forensic Post-mortem facility and Pathology, Microbiology, Biochemistry investigational facilities etc.
- The various departments of the college include 27 fields like Anatomy, Cardiology, E.N.T., Radiology, Surgery, Pathology, Biochemistry, Physiology, etc.
- The college campus and hospital spread over an area of 14 acres. The college, unlike most medical colleges looks like a regal palace at first peep. Equipments in labs, books in the library, classrooms, etc everything is in place.
- The college, apart from achieving academic excellence also strives to achieve the overall development of a child. The college thus, believes in developing other talents of the students
- Sports-The college has a well maintained health club with a 10 station multi-gym, steppers, two treadmills & a trained instructor.ndoor games like carom, chess & table tennis are available The college has two intercollegiate sports fests. They are the Kutgal Cup (cricket) and Dinamani Cup (football). The college also provides for two separate gymnasiums to both men and women.
- Cultural activities-The college day, Atharva, allows the students to showcase their talent in activities like dance, music, mad ad, etc. The college hosts a small-scale intra-college festival which is organized at the college campus every year sometime in September
The college library was established in 1981. It consists of:
Kannada Novels & Text books
The college has an auditorium of 832 seating capacity
The college has a co-operative society which helps to meet the need of the student and staff. Its major area of work is to provide the students and professors with books & stationary at concessional rates whenever they need it. Each and every student and teaching faculty are share holders of the society
KIMS has been ranked No. 24 among the 275+ medical colleges in India by The MINT, The Wall Street Journal
The college offers awards and scholarships to its students to encourage them to perform better in their academic front as well as co-curricular activities. These scholarships and awards act like an incentive for the students to perform to the best of their abilities. These awards include the following:
- Subject wise Merit award- 1000/- cash award with merit certificate in all subjects viz., Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Ophthalmology, ENT, Pediatrics, General Medicine, General surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Dr. Seetharam Reddy Memorial Award
- Kum. Suma Jayaram Memorial Endowment Prize
- Sri B J Lingegowda Memorial Gold Medal
- Smt. Lakshmamma Channaiah Memorial Gold Medal
- Dr. R Srinivas Memorial Gold Medal
- Sri Kariappa Memorial Gold Medal
- Prof. C. Vital Golden Independence Commemorative Conference Award
- Sri K Singri Gowda Memorial Gold Medal for KIMS best out going student
- Cultural excellence award (Applicable to all interns who have started internship in a particular year)